This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Re: Gardner medical tomorrow

Bob Latchford replying to adamneaves
11:55, Wednesday 11 January 2017
adamneaves
Apparently so..

[twitter.com]

If this was true it would have been announced yesterday by one of the 30 or so people on this forum close to the deal, not by a mere 'journalist'
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Bob Latchford
11:56, Wednesday 11 January 2017

Tweet Topic

HackneyAzurri replying to Sweepover
12:02, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Gary is Villa, Craig is Blues I believe, entire family is split down the middle.
Tweet Topic

Zulu89 replying to Gary Rowett
12:03, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Gary Rowett
He's not a Blues fan to come out with that Villa spiel

The detail of the specific games he lists gives it away. Im a similar age and i couldn't tell you that they beat Tranmere in a semi final.

Throw into the pot the 'no brainer' slur.

I think he'll be half decent at this level, i just dont want him kissing the badge and playing up to being Mr Blues.

I think the reality is he's neither Blues or Villa, and just grew up preferring to play football and maybe went to the odd Blues game, odd Villa, and owned loads of Barca and Real Madrid shirts

I know his family and hes Blues. Him & his brother always used to banter about it as Gary's vile

Give me the source of your ''hes a villa'' statement ? The thongs tribute acts are getting embarrassing now, and even that was boring to start with
Tweet Topic

NZ19 replying to Zulu89
12:06, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Zulu89
Gary Rowett

The detail of the specific games he lists gives it away. Im a similar age and i couldn't tell you that they beat Tranmere in a semi final.

I think he'll be half decent at this level, i just dont want him kissing the badge and playing up to being Mr Blues.

I think the reality is he's neither Blues or Villa, and just grew up preferring to play football and maybe went to the odd Blues game, odd Villa, and owned loads of Barca and Real Madrid shirts

I know his family and hes Blues. Him & his brother always used to banter about it as Gary's vile

Give me the source of your ''hes a villa'' statement ? The thongs tribute acts are getting embarrassing now, and even that was boring to start with

I think you're replying to the poster not the post.

There are specific quotes detailing his love for the villa and his memories of games and specific players.

Ten times more detail and quotes than our ex manager was hounded for.

So I assume all those who hilariously called our ex manager a DVB will be consistent about this one?

Especially when he actually did leave us for more money rather than just having interviews about it.

I'm just keen to see consistency is all thumbs up
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

Gary Rowett replying to Zulu89
12:06, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Zulu89
Gary Rowett

The no brainer quote and the detail of the games he used to watch down Villa Park are a bit 'off'

Some of my mates used to play with him at Arden Forest in the 90s, so i'll find out
nottsazzuri and Ribeye - Enemies of the People

Personal: @vivabrownie

Politics: @silhillianlife
Tweet Topic

Ser Tait replying to Zulu89
12:07, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I know at the time Villa had a clause in any young blues fans contract if asked they had to say they were Villa fans.
The intellectual saviour of the masses.
Tweet Topic

NZ19 replying to Ser Tait
12:07, Wednesday 11 January 2017
fecking hell :D
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

Gary Rowett replying to NZ19
12:08, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Fake News!
nottsazzuri and Ribeye - Enemies of the People

Personal: @vivabrownie

Politics: @silhillianlife
Tweet Topic

Ser Tait replying to NZ19
12:09, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I have a big blues fan mate who was a scholar a little younger than Gardner. Didnt make it. He told me.
Tweet Topic

scouty replying to Thongs
Thongs
FFS does it really matter?

Seriously? Time for you to strategize your next attention-grabbing opinion position. I know it's important to you.
Tweet Topic

Ser Tait replying to Gary Rowett
Real news. It just doesn't suit your anti-Gardner agenda.
Tweet Topic

NZ19 replying to Thongs
12:10, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Thongs
FFS does it really matter?

:D :D
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

Miguel replying to Ser Tait
12:11, Wednesday 11 January 2017
At nobody in particular but....

oh my.
joe.co.uk
Tweet Topic

Ser Tait replying to Miguel
12:14, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I know think how many have slipt through our net due to this clause.
Tweet Topic

Zulu89 replying to NZ19
12:14, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Nigel Gleghorn's Synthesiser
Zulu89
Gary Rowett

I think you're replying to the poster not the post.

There are specific quotes detailing his love for the villa and his memories of games and specific players.

Ten times more detail and quotes than our ex manager was hounded for.

So I assume all those who hilariously called our ex manager a DVB will be consistent about this one?

Especially when he actually did leave us for more money rather than just having interviews about it.

I'm just keen to see consistency is all thumbs up

My bad if addressed to the wrong person. But yeah, definitely more of a villa link seeing as he played for them as a youngster..
I just know for a fact that he is Blues & was forced our of the club when we went down due to his wages & the 6million fee we were offered.

The whole DVB thing with Rowett & now Gardner is just boring to be honest
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to Zulu89
12:26, Wednesday 11 January 2017
It's been a boring, repetitive load of shite we've had to deal with for several years now... It does seem to really matter to some people though and I guess the point is that if it matters that there was a magazine clipping stating Rowett supported Villa, it must be crushing to sign someone who started their career there and has stated publicly that he supports them - nevermind the fact that he has also done a "Rowett" (wanted to further his career) during his last spell with us.
Tweet Topic

Sweepover replying to Zulu89
12:30, Wednesday 11 January 2017
True.

As an aside:

I had a conversation with Brian Little in Tesco Stafford 5/6 Years ago and one of his regrets was not ever getting to play for us, I know it was very close at one point, he said there's a lot of mutual respect and even grudging admiration for our support throughout Football.

We are a Club that many players and Managers see as the ultimate challenge, the void of that unfulfilled massive potential.

I liken it to the Bird that everyone wants to get into bed but alas you just cant get her knickers off.
UP THE BLUES !.

[www.7is7.com].
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to Petebaldwin
12:32, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I used to play for Villa, I was there until 2004, it's true that they don't take too kindly to you being a Blues fan, they believe you won't be as motivated and it wouldn't surprise me if he was advised to bullshit about being a Villa fan by the PR.

Come at me Thongs.

Incidentally, I never said "Come on Villa" and in the earlier years I wore a Beau Brummie t shirt under the Villa top.

A dislike of Blues is promoted throughout the academy.

"Results aren't important in Academy football, apart from today, we cannot lose to Birmingham City"

Those words were from Gordon Cowens before we played Blues at Wast Hills in 2004.

"We" lost 1-0, I was crap.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

crocket1 replying to Zulu89
12:33, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I don't usualy endorse the return of badge kissing sinking rat players but we need to kick on under zola, gardner is the type of player we need to attract to the club to push on,.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to Sweepover
12:42, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Little also almost joined us as manager I seem to remember. It might have been when we ended up giving the job to Cooper...but it might also have been when we gave it to Macari? I can't remember the timing - but I'm sure we were third division at the time.

Anyway. The upshot was that he said at the time that he would love the job and would have taken it had it been offered, but he was asked to go through a formal interview for the position and felt that he should have been offered it without formal interview based on his name and reputation.

Not long after I think was when he went to Leicester and did really well before ending up at villa.
Tweet Topic

NZ19 replying to Le Mod
12:49, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Do you think the dislike and hatred of villa is permiated through our academy in the same way?

Bizarrely, they actually are obsessed with us.

Imagine being so wound up over a club you find so insignificant.
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to NZ19
12:52, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Well I also went on trial at Blues in 2005, played 9 games, we didn't play Villa in that time so it's hard for me to compare and contrast, but I didn't get that impression no.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

Tilton Road Blue replying to Sweepover
12:54, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I couldn't give a feck who he claims to support.

I just want to see him in a Blues shirt again lining up shots from outside the box.

He's coming home our Craig. thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Lee_C replying to crocket1
13:00, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Gardner has been pretty shit now for a good 3 years,and he was pretty bang average for us most of the time, i know its now at a lower level but i'm not expecting too much from him, especially for the price and wages that he'll be coming in on.
Tweet Topic

Zuluigi25 replying to Tilton Road Blue
13:02, Wednesday 11 January 2017
as long as he gives everything for the shirt he'll do for me thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Block D replying to Lee_C
13:02, Wednesday 11 January 2017
The boy is coming home. He will be magnificent and will score a thunderbolt on his debut.
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to Sweepover
13:05, Wednesday 11 January 2017
Didn't he fail a medical. That was the reason we didn't sign him?

Most of the West Midlands clubs get on very well behind the scenes, at academy level upwards. The exception being the Albion, who are apparently a bunch of tossers to deal with. Although that may have changed with the change of MD
It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Just as long as you've got chickens.
Tweet Topic

samjo replying to Block D
13:08, Wednesday 11 January 2017
I dont mind Gleeson but he's not exactly a world beater. Lets have a bit of context here. Reagrdless of who Craig does or doesn't support he has played 260 games in the premier league and won a trophy. Gleeson has no appearances in the prmier league (neither does Morrison who has been good for us).

Got to be an improvementon what we have.
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to samjo
13:09, Wednesday 11 January 2017
He is an improvement on what we have. Even if he's only 75% of the player that left
It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Just as long as you've got chickens.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »