This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

4-6-0

Olaf
08:48, Friday 17 February 2017
Barcelona and Spain showed that it can work without a proper striker, and I recall Lee Clark trying it at home to Cardiff.

Given the make-up of our squad, could it work?
Tweet Topic

Registered users can enjoy SHA without adverts for less than £1.00 per month. Click here for more details...

Re: 4-6-0

Tarquin replying to Olaf
08:51, Friday 17 February 2017
If it's good enough for managerial greats like Guardiola, del Bosque and Clark then why not.
I saw the rain dirty valley, you saw Brigadoon. I sighed...you swooned.
Tweet Topic

Sir Heisenberg replying to Olaf
08:58, Friday 17 February 2017
It worked for GWR.

Linked Image
Tweet Topic

newhavenhibby replying to Olaf
10:08, Friday 17 February 2017
If a team get a positive result the fans are happy.

Unfortunately if it doesn't end well and fans have long memories. Tartan Army fans still go on about Craig Levein who tried it in key Internationals with the usual result for Scotland. :) If he'd played with 2 strikers and got the same results it would all be forgotten but some years later it hangs round his neck like a stone.

If you have good midfield players with great stamina to get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes it can work but certainly no place for any shirkers in that area.......so if there are any of these in the Blues team.....

KRO
Tweet Topic

Mad Blue replying to Olaf
10:15, Friday 17 February 2017
If you have Luis Suarez and Lionel Messi in your Team it should work.
The truth is like Poetry but no one likes Poetry.
Tweet Topic

nick_p replying to Olaf
10:32, Friday 17 February 2017
Definitely. I'd play the Juke and Adams as my two most advanced midfielders, sitting in or around QPR's backline with a licence to stay further upfield than the other midfielders...
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »