This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Gianfranco Zola explains his latest meeting with Birmingham City's directors

Birmingham Mail
16:47, Friday 17 March 2017
BCFC manager has won twice in 16 league games ahead of the visit of Newcastle United

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Registered users can enjoy SHA without adverts for less than £1.00 per month. Click here for more details...

Re: Gianfranco Zola explains his latest meeting with Birmingham City's directors

Tilton Rifle replying to Birmingham Mail
16:49, Friday 17 March 2017
Incoherent babble.
Tweet Topic

Re: Gianfranco Zola explains his latest meeting with Birmingham City's directors

Malala Yousafzai replying to Tilton Rifle
17:11, Friday 17 March 2017
:D
Wigan Pier.
Tweet Topic

Nikolay Zidig replying to Malala Yousafzai
17:22, Friday 17 March 2017
Stuck with him ain't we ?
Tweet Topic

Ricky Blotto replying to Nikolay Zidig
17:27, Friday 17 March 2017
He sounds like he just needs a hug.
Tweet Topic

unimportant replying to Birmingham Mail
17:35, Friday 17 March 2017
To counter Rowett's claim he never met them..
Tweet Topic

the glebe boy replying to Tilton Rifle
18:38, Friday 17 March 2017
It's what you call pigeon english.lets hope after tomorrow he flys away
Tweet Topic

tool replying to Birmingham Mail
18:45, Friday 17 March 2017
“I will give it my best shot, if it works, it works, if it doesn’t somebody else will do.”

Nice

Ffs
Tweet Topic

coventrybluenose replying to Birmingham Mail
18:47, Friday 17 March 2017
A few words that say nothing frankly. He hasn't a clue.......has he?
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to tool
19:11, Friday 17 March 2017
Well at least he sounds confident! :D
Tweet Topic

tool replying to Petebaldwin
19:26, Friday 17 March 2017
He's basically admitting he's going to make it up as he goes along & fingers crossed

Jesus

Tweet Topic

bluefrank replying to tool
20:33, Friday 17 March 2017
Fraud
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Birmingham Mail
20:46, Friday 17 March 2017
There will be another one when we're in the bottom 3 when we have to meet Gaz again.
Tweet Topic

Gary Rowett replying to tool
20:51, Friday 17 March 2017
tool
“I will give it my best shot, if it works, it works, if it doesn’t somebody else will do.”

Nice

Ffs

Gets the pay check either way
#DrainTheSwamp

Zola: 17/04/17

Chester: 10/05/17

Panos: 19/05/17

Thongs:
Tweet Topic

Ricky Blotto replying to Gary Rowett
21:28, Friday 17 March 2017
Football is a joke.
Tweet Topic

I am Zola, follow me to war

Gary Rowett replying to Birmingham Mail
22:33, Friday 17 March 2017
Linked Image

Linked Image

Linked Image

#DrainTheSwamp

Zola: 17/04/17

Chester: 10/05/17

Panos: 19/05/17

Thongs:
Tweet Topic

Rasputin replying to Birmingham Mail
22:56, Friday 17 March 2017

And if they end up relegated, what do i care, as I'll feck off back home to Italy and laugh my tits off whilst spending the sacking payoff.
Your mother knits socks in Hull.
Tweet Topic

TiptonBluenose replying to Birmingham Mail
23:31, Friday 17 March 2017
Birmingham Mail
BCFC manager has won twice in 16 league games ahead of the visit of Newcastle United

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

“I will give it my best shot, if it works, it works, if it doesn’t somebody else will do."[\b]

In other words "I want my payoff"
Tweet Topic

Stand blues!!

wessex - mr rowett's happiest clapper replying to Birmingham Mail
23:28, Friday 17 March 2017
In defence of gianfranco i would submit words of support and encouragement, please give peace a chance..

“‘The magician’ did things with the ball I’ve never seen before or since. Had brilliant technique and incredible balance, almost a carbon copy of Maradona, with whom he played at Napoli. His free-kicks were extraordinary. A true artist, who could show you things you didn’t know about the game, and the perfect foil for a big, strong striker. I know one day soon he will be the manager I could only dream of being.”
Brian Laudrup

“I played against him a few times and he is one of the best imports our game has seen. So skilful, yet so committed. He was a credit to the Premier League. One day he will shine as a manager as he did as a player”
Les Ferdinand

“If you want me to name just one who really inspired and helped me then it would be Gianfranco Zola. I came to Chelsea as quite a shy boy and it was for a big fee [ . . . ]. Zola took me under his wing. He was 35 and established as a world-class player, and I was fascinated by the way he trained, practised his free-kicks daily and was always the last on the training ground. He was a gentleman off the pitch and I thought that was how I’d like to be if I could ever get anywhere near what he’s done in the game. One day I would like to play for this tactical genius!”
Frank Lampard

“Little Franco was (…) a brilliant No.10 who would open teams up with a simple but deadly pass. I see great things in his managerial ability.”
Ray Parlour

“I could never tell where he was going to shoot – unplayable and read the game like no other. If he was managing us as long as Fergy I am convinced the little magician would have won us more than Rudolph as we call the old boss.”
Peter Schmeichel

“The best I ever played with, no doubt. 
I used to marvel at him in training each day. Gianfranco made you a better player: he knew what I was going to 
do before I’d even thought of it. Ugly bloke fantastic coach.”
Gus Poyet

“What a phenomenon. So much quality, an eye for goal and a great brain. One of the greatest deep-lying forwards of all time despite being even shorter than me, though that’s something he always argued about! I remember one goal he scored against Norwich, a back-heeled volley between his legs direct from a corner. Typical Gianfran, clever coach too, only bright blokes see his genius.”
Albert Ferrer

“Little Gianfranco Zola… he annoyed me. He was one of these players who was unperturbed about who he was playing against. He always seemed to have a smile on his face and that annoyed me. How can he be enjoying himself playing against United? Nobody else does. He was a fantastic player and I loved watching him. It was enjoyable and for me to say that about an opponent tells you how much I admired him and as a coach he taught me all I know.”
Sir Alex Ferguson

“Gianfranco tries everything because he is a wizard and the wizard must try. Sack him like I was sacked English pigs!!”
Claudio Ranieri
38 13 11 14 38 47 -9 50
Tweet Topic

Re: Stand blues!!

The Birmingham Power Shift replying to wessex - mr rowett's happiest clapper
23:29, Friday 17 March 2017

Can't wait for him to feck off
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

bluemandoo replying to wessex - mr rowett's happiest clapper
08:43, Saturday 18 March 2017
So many players are always last off the training ground......
I ain't a wheeler dealer I'm a fackin football manager.
Tweet Topic

mattwakeman replying to bluemandoo
09:00, Saturday 18 March 2017
bluemandoo
So many players are always last off the training ground......

Yeah, it reminds me of when I was young and used to read those hardback football annuals where it would list player's superstitions and so many of them had to be the last out of the dressing room or onto the pitch that you wondered how any game used to actually start on time!
Tweet Topic

El Mayor replying to unimportant
10:32, Saturday 18 March 2017
unimportant
To counter Rowett's claim he never met them..

Just to be a pedant

Zola met the directors - which are probably Panos, Edward Zheng and Shayne Wang. They're not the OWNERS of the club, they're just directors.

The guy who is the majority shareholder of the club, Paul Suen Cho-hung is not a director of BIH nor BCFC.

Thus of course Rowett met the directors but I'd believe him when he says he has never met the owner. I don't think Suen has even been to St Andrew's.
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to El Mayor
10:46, Saturday 18 March 2017
Thought you said he had an apartment in Chinatown?
Melting snowflakes
With Donald and Nigel
Tweet Topic

Wingman Blue replying to Tank
11:41, Saturday 18 March 2017
Tank
Thought you said he had an apartment in Chinatown?

That was Chinatown Beijing you know, all that's left of the original Chinese city.

Birmingham? Where's that?
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »