This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Blues related but nothing to see here for Zowetts.

Miguel
11:45, Monday 20 March 2017
Those passes that missed Nsue on Saturday. We seemed to have 3 or 4 decent chances to get him away but none of them connected. Were they poor passes or was he out of position? The latter for me, he should have been hugging the touchline. I'm not saying we would have scored but we would have given Jutkiewicz a few more chances to slam the ball into the side netting.

Around 35 minutes in, the Newcastle left back started to impose himself on the game and the forays were no more. Shame really, a decent game could have been a really good one with a little more care.
Tweet Topic

Registered users can enjoy SHA without adverts for less than £1.00 per month. Click here for more details...

Re: Blues related but nothing to see here for Zowetts.

The Riddler replying to Miguel
11:50, Monday 20 March 2017
Miguel
Those passes that missed Nsue on Saturday. We seemed to have 3 or 4 decent chances to get him away but none of them connected. Were they poor passes or was he out of position? The latter for me, he should have been hugging the touchline. I'm not saying we would have scored but we would have given Jutkiewicz a few more chances to slam the ball into the side netting.

Around 35 minutes in, the Newcastle left back started to impose himself on the game and the forays were no more. Shame really, a decent game could have been a really good one with a little more care.

I did think it was crazy that he strode forward 40 yards passed to Gards and then continued to go forwards
Tweet Topic

generalBlue replying to Miguel
11:51, Monday 20 March 2017
I thought at least 2 possibly 3 of those passes were slightly overhit but Nsue wasn't massively quick out the blolcks either.
They looked like promising opportunities, all inside the Newcastle half too.
On another day .....
Quote 18/6/2017
Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
This stone-broke Tone bloke is perfect for them. Let's cherish his tenure.
Tweet Topic

The Riddler replying to The Riddler
11:52, Monday 20 March 2017
The Riddler
Miguel

I did think it was crazy that he strode forward 40 yards passed to Gards and then continued to go forwards

also went from right back to left wing expecting a pass...

crazy

#zolaout
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Miguel
12:02, Monday 20 March 2017
I commented at the time how frustrating it was, all over hit passes, nsue deserves better than that, possibly the best full back outside the prem and he's being let down by below par midfielders
Who cannot pass more than five yards or hoof it. Thankfully this has been addressed and capable players will be crafted in.
Melting snowflakes
With Donald and Nigel
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Power Shift replying to Tank
12:05, Monday 20 March 2017
He's great going forward, never looks in control and that works in his favour as he's so unpredictable.

The passes were poor, I don't think it's his positioning.

Defensively he is poor and when it comes to tracking back he is quite lazy.

Definitely more of a wing back and looked a lot better with Bielek sweeping.

He is quite far from being the best fullback outside the Premier League though.
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

The Riddler replying to The Birmingham Power Shift
12:11, Monday 20 March 2017
NZ19
He's great going forward, never looks in control and that works in his favour as he's so unpredictable.

40% positive scouting report from H
Tweet Topic

WorcsBlues replying to The Birmingham Power Shift
12:11, Monday 20 March 2017
Not to mention the one near the end of the game when the Don won the ball on the floor, ball found its way to Nsue whom had stopped running & looking to the heavens .... 8-)
Tweet Topic

The Riddler replying to WorcsBlues
12:13, Monday 20 March 2017
WorcsBlues
Not to mention the one near the end of the game when the Don won the ball on the floor, ball found its way to Nsue whom had stopped running & looking to the heavens .... 8-)

what was he doing that far forward when we were protecting a nil nil
Tweet Topic

Benni replying to Miguel
12:14, Monday 20 March 2017
How bad was Grounds positioning too, on the attack, for someone playing left wing back? Not necessarily his fault as I'm guessing it's down to not playing there often.

Numerous times Tesche or Davis would pick the ball up deep in the middle and turn out to the left to look for Grounds who at that point should of been busting his gut to get out wide into the space and he would be quite literally the furthest man back.

I think it could work quite well putting him in for Robbo and having Keita in front as he would be much more disciplined and offer a lot more protection for Keita
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Power Shift replying to The Riddler
12:15, Monday 20 March 2017
The Riddler
NZ19

40% positive scouting report from H

More 65%.

I think he's a fantastic signing in an attacking full back sense, best we've had since Carr (or Murphy on the other side).

Defensively he's poorer than I expected but the main concern is his gentle jogging back when we're under a counter attack, a wing back should be the fittest player on the pitch busting a gut up and down. That disappoints me, it's not a technical attribute it's just sheer work rate and effort.

For £1m he's an absolute bargain, a great bit of business.
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

notts_blue replying to Miguel
12:20, Monday 20 March 2017
Re-e-wind. When the crowd say Bo, Zowwettta!
U-ge Club on SHA and Musicals
I fear for the future of the arts.
Tweet Topic

TinaTractor replying to notts_blue
12:30, Monday 20 March 2017
He was slow. I was watching with three neutrals and all of the passes were right in front of us. For the ones that didn't go over his head, we all agreed it was definitely Nsue not being quick enough.
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to The Birmingham Power Shift
12:30, Monday 20 March 2017
They were poor passes, at least two went 10ft over his head
It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Just as long as you've got chickens.
Tweet Topic

The Riddler replying to TinaTractor
12:31, Monday 20 March 2017
EsilioBlu
He was slow. I was watching with three neutrals and all of the passes were right in front of us. For the ones that didn't go over his head, we all agreed it was definitely Nsue not being quick enough.

ok...I think we should just sell him now
what's the going rate for chewing gum anyone

ffs

if you are Kop side and you've spent time watching Spector you suddenly thinks Nsue wasn't quick enough

wow
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Power Shift replying to Tall
12:36, Monday 20 March 2017
Tall

Yeah and if there's one thing N'Sue isn't, it's slow.

He doesn't carry the ball as quickly as Keita for instance but off the ball he's very quick.
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

TinaTractor replying to The Riddler
12:40, Monday 20 March 2017
The Riddler
EsilioBlu

ffs

if you are Kop side and you've spent time watching Spector you suddenly thinks Nsue wasn't quick enough

wow

But it wasn't Spector who was being passed to was it? I am commenting on the pace of Nsue who seemed sluggish in the first half and not his usual nippy self.
Tweet Topic

The Riddler replying to TinaTractor
12:42, Monday 20 March 2017
EsilioBlu
The Riddler
EsilioBlu

ffs

wow

But it wasn't Spector who was being passed to was it? I am commenting on the pace of Nsue who seemed sluggish in the first half and not his usual nippy self.

no worries

I hope he improves and causes you no further problems
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to Miguel
12:43, Monday 20 March 2017
I'd go the other way, I thought a lot of the passes were pretty poor - I thought Nsue had upset the other players some of the tripe they were firing in his general direction.

For me he was making good runs, it's up to them to pass the ball to him - rather than him try and anticipate where the ball may or may not end up arriving at.

There may have been the odd one where he was on his heels a bit, but I just thought it was far more a case of them not being able to make fairly basic passes to a bloke in loads of space.
Tweet Topic

Gary Rowett replying to Spike
12:44, Monday 20 March 2017
Nsue strikes me as a nearly man

Nearly gets on the end of crosses, nearly puts in a good cross, nearly keeps the ball in play if it's slightly over-hit

Not much comes off
#DrainTheSwamp

Zola: 17/04/17

Chester: 10/05/17

Panos: 19/05/17

Thongs:
Tweet Topic

TinaTractor replying to Gary Rowett
12:48, Monday 20 March 2017
Joins a club who nearly get relegated/nearly avoid relegation.
Tweet Topic

Peakyblue replying to Benni
13:10, Monday 20 March 2017
Benni
To me it looked like the remaining 4 shuffled across as one wing back went forward (usually Nsue) leaving Grounds as a conventional RB often. Robbo dropped into pseudo-LB. so if midfield switch quickly Grounds will not be there in this defensive system. I think Grounds has been alright recently, at least as effective as any of them. If we stick with 3 CH I'd go him, Bielek, Shotton, over Robbo or Cogley.
As for passes I thought overhit. We don't have a real playmaker in midfield, more like ratters (useful though they are - e.g. Davis).
Tweet Topic

pridding replying to Gary Rowett
13:19, Monday 20 March 2017
Gary Rowett

Nearly gets on the end of crosses, nearly puts in a good cross, nearly keeps the ball in play if it's slightly over-hit

Not much comes off

Probably, and hence why he isn't playing in the premier league I suppose.
Tweet Topic

Freud replying to pridding
13:59, Monday 20 March 2017
pridding
Gary Rowett

Not much comes off

Probably, and hence why he isn't playing in the premier league I suppose.

Agreed.

Shocking that Zola has been buying players that aren't fit for Barca or Madrid.

Mind you same applies to Cotterill who the Rowett loving types are comparing to Rivellino these days.
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Tank
16:21, Monday 20 March 2017
he's a MASSIVE step up from what we've been used to in that position
Yet still they MOAN
incredible and bizarre all at the same time it's a head shaker a real head shaker
Melting snowflakes
With Donald and Nigel
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to Tank
16:39, Monday 20 March 2017
2 wins in 19 and the people moan

ungrateful bastards
Tweet Topic

Scoobers replying to Bob Latchford
17:26, Monday 20 March 2017
Irony is Zola, and Blues, are living off the fat of our early season points tally.

If we had started the season with 2 wins from 17 or so league games I doubt any Blues manager would have lasted that long.
Tweet Topic

Bluewurst replying to Tall
19:15, Monday 20 March 2017
Tall

One or two were pinged out to Grounds who beat their right back short arse comfortably in the air.

I thought it was a tactic until someone noted how the flags were blowing in different directions...
@Bluewurst1875
Tweet Topic

Shirley Blue replying to Miguel
20:15, Monday 20 March 2017
Definitely over-hit..
Tweet Topic

Bcfc1967 replying to Gary Rowett
21:36, Monday 20 March 2017
Gary Rowett

Not much comes off

Agree with this. Remember one of the other games (Leeds?) when he saw loads of the ball and rarely managed to get a decent cross in. Interesting that Boro let him go and they've hardly pulled up trees this season. Think people have generally warmed to him because Spector was always perceived as limited in an attacking sense but we need to see an end product.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »