This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Steve Bruce: Aston Villa boss on what Birmingham City's appointment of Harry Redknapp means

Birmingham Mail
11:50, Friday 21 April 2017
Redknapp arrived at BCFC on Tuesday to replace Gianfranco Zola

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Registered users can enjoy SHA without adverts for less than £1.00 per month. Click here for more details...

Re: Steve Bruce: Aston Villa boss on what Birmingham City's appointment of Harry Redknapp means

Dave1991 replying to Birmingham Mail
11:50, Friday 21 April 2017
Who gives a feck what he thinks? 8-)
Tweet Topic

Re: Steve Bruce: Aston Villa boss on what Birmingham City's appointment of Harry Redknapp means

Magna 1,000,000 replying to Dave1991
11:51, Friday 21 April 2017
The guy taking his kebab order, maybe
Tweet Topic

NevBCFC replying to Birmingham Mail
12:03, Friday 21 April 2017
Linked Image
“ This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me.”
[www.hark.com]

[soundcloud.com]
[www.redbubble.com]
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to Birmingham Mail
12:11, Friday 21 April 2017
It means that you're still not the prettiest manager in Birmingham. Close call, but still.
You know what? I think I'd quite like to sit near Miguel.
Tweet Topic

Gary Rowett replying to Dave1991
12:12, Friday 21 April 2017
Dave1991
Who gives a feck what he thinks? 8-)

Former player and manager, show respect youngen
@vivabrownie

#LowBid your enemies into submission
Tweet Topic

BlueStorm replying to Birmingham Mail
12:12, Friday 21 April 2017
Wasn't there some story about a member of his family & a Villa player or have I got it wrong?

Maybe he should comment on that in the Birmingham Mail as it would be more relevant?
Tweet Topic

Blues Aint I replying to Gary Rowett
12:17, Friday 21 April 2017
And exactly how much respect has potato head shown us. Not content with just moving to vile he has to kiss there arses big time. "Biggest club, waited all my life for this kinda chance etc etc"

feck him
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to Blues Aint I
12:25, Friday 21 April 2017
It didn't bother me when Bruce went to villa - these things happen.

I do have to say though, his constantly lashing their backsides with his tongue has gone way past the point of being embarrassing. There's trying to talk the talk and get the fans onside, then there's ass-kissing...and then somewhere about 180 nautical miles off the coast of ass-kissing there is what Bruce does at villa.

It's a shame to see him constantly making such a tit of himself.
Tweet Topic

Gary Rowett replying to Blues Aint I
12:44, Friday 21 April 2017
Blues Aint I
And exactly how much respect has potato head shown us. Not content with just moving to vile he has to kiss there arses big time. "Biggest club, waited all my life for this kinda chance etc etc"

feck him

He's not a Blues fan or a Brummie, he doesnt hate Villa like we do. He just objectively sees them as a big club and an appealing job offer (especially given his desire to live in the area)

Since he's taken over there he's expressed sadness at our plight, he hopes we stay up and he mentioned Christophe Dugarry at a Villa fans forum when asked the best player he's worked with

The guy was a former player, and as a manager he gave us the best years we've had for decades. I cant hate him.

I also know for a fact 10 years ago he attended a big bluenose's 80th birthday. They wrote to the club asking if Bruce would stop by, they werent expecting anything, but Bruce said 'no problem' and turned up

10 years later, who was the surprise visitor to the ol' Bluenoses 90th birthday party? - Steve Bruce

He dropped by with a bottle of wine and sent the old guy into tears

Told everyone not to let people know as a Villa manager attending a Blues bash might not go down well with the mutants.

But i thought it showed the class of the guy.

If you're a Blues fan who hates Brucie, theres something wrong with you
@vivabrownie

#LowBid your enemies into submission
Tweet Topic

Blues Aint I replying to Gary Rowett
12:57, Friday 21 April 2017
Gary Rowett
Blues Aint I

feck him

He's not a Blues fan or a Brummie, he doesnt hate Villa like we do. He just objectively sees them as a big club and an appealing job offer (especially given his desire to live in the area)

Since he's taken over there he's expressed sadness at our plight, he hopes we stay up and he mentioned Christophe Dugarry at a Villa fans forum when asked the best player he's worked with

The guy was a former player, and as a manager he gave us the best years we've had for decades. I cant hate him.

I also know for a fact 10 years ago he attended a big bluenose's 80th birthday. They wrote to the club asking if Bruce would stop by, they werent expecting anything, but Bruce said 'no problem' and turned up

10 years later, who was the surprise visitor to the ol' Bluenoses 90th birthday party? - Steve Bruce

Told everyone not to let people know as a Villa manager attending a Blues bash might not go down well with the mutants.

I don't hate Bruce. Just don't give a toss about his claret and blue tinted view of our plight, our managerial appointments or his view on Sundays game.

Like I say feck him. Just like all the rest of them.
Tweet Topic

Dave1991 replying to Gary Rowett
13:05, Friday 21 April 2017
I don't hate Bruce, Gaz. He's my favorite of all Blues managers. He did the business. At school I was no longer the only kid who supported a Div 1 side. He turned me into the kid who supports Blues, the Blues that stuffed the Villa twice and went toe to toe with Liverpool at Anfield. I walked round that school like a king, because of Bruce. I will be forever grateful for that magic season of 2002-03.

But I don't see why fond memories should make me care about what Aston Villa's manager thinks of us.
Tweet Topic

Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce backs Harry Redknapp

Daily Mail replying to Birmingham Mail
14:15, Friday 21 April 2017
Steve Bruce insists Aston Villa have a tougher contest against rival Birmingham City now Harry Redknapp has stepped into the dugout.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

QBBC2 replying to Gary Rowett
14:44, Friday 21 April 2017
I don't agree with you often Gaz, but I'm with you 100% on this one. Bruce is a class act and, whatever he says while he's over the expressway a bit of his heart will always be Blues, and with regard to his toadying, whilst it's uncomfortable to hear, it's inevitable and to me comes across as a case of 'the lady doth* protest too much'

*Third time in two days Tam!
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to QBBC2
14:51, Friday 21 April 2017
QBBC2
I don't agree with you often Gaz, but I'm with you 100% on this one. Bruce is a class act and, whatever he says while he's over the expressway a bit of his heart will always be Blues, and with regard to his toadying, whilst it's uncomfortable to hear, it's inevitable and to me comes across as a case of 'the lady doth* protest too much'

Knave! :D
Tweet Topic

bluemike replying to Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
16:53, Friday 21 April 2017
Far as I am concerned be has crossed the line.

McLeish was supposedly a nice guy, same as supposedly Bruce, both are traitors in my eyes.
Tweet Topic

QBBC2 replying to Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
17:22, Friday 21 April 2017
The place needs a bit of culture Tam, it's choc full of lollygaggers and ne'er-do-wells :(
Tweet Topic

Thongs replying to QBBC2
17:30, Friday 21 April 2017
QBBC2

Sounds to me like you'd like to suck on his farts.
This post is paid for by Small Heath Alliance

Never EVER forget!

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
Tweet Topic

Hyde Graham replying to Thongs
17:48, Friday 21 April 2017
When Bruce joined us as a manager he had a reputation for being a bit callous and disloyal in terms of jumping from club to club when a bigger job came along, I think that was a bit unfair but maybe there's an element of truth in it, but we should remember he turned down his boyhood club Newcastle when he was with us at a time when they were buying the likes of Owen, Viduka, Kluivert, Robert. He'll always be a blues legend imo.
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to Hyde Graham
18:14, Friday 21 April 2017
Hyde Graham
When Bruce joined us as a manager he had a reputation for being a bit callous and disloyal in terms of jumping from club to club when a bigger job came along, I think that was a bit unfair but maybe there's an element of truth in it, but we should remember he turned down his boyhood club Newcastle when he was with us at a time when they were buying the likes of Owen, Viduka, Kluivert, Robert. He'll always be a blues legend imo.

I think the Geordies see him more of a Man U fan, from what I can gather. I couldn't see a dyed-in-the-wool Newcastle fan taking the Sunderland job, in all honesty.
Tweet Topic

Hyde Graham replying to Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
18:24, Friday 21 April 2017
I think he is a genuine Newcastle fan and I think he holds us in high affection as well, just that behind his jolly, blokey persona lies a cold ambition.
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to Hyde Graham
18:28, Friday 21 April 2017
Hyde Graham
I think he is a genuine Newcastle fan and I think he holds us in high affection as well, just that behind his jolly, blokey persona lies a cold ambition.

Aye, you could be right - I get the feeling that Man U is his club now, partly because the Geordies have shown their dislike of him, but it's only opinion. I think you're absolutely right about the ambition, certainly to the exclusion of sentiment.
Tweet Topic

Ribeye replying to Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
18:55, Friday 21 April 2017
I like Bruce always have seems like a bloke you can have a pint with, pissed off he went to vile because of how much i liked him and yeah fair enough its a job and he's not blues fan but its the way he goes about wanking over them and their fans who deep down he knows are fickle as feck. Its a matter of time before they turn on him and he becomes a bluenose barstard anyway.

He also got to know a bloke i know who was in his 70s (no longer here) and he regularly used to send him over clothes/coats and shoes etc even after he'd left blues so seems a top bloke but right now he's a dvb and i hope we stuff the potato headed prick
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to Ribeye
19:02, Friday 21 April 2017
Ribeye
I like Bruce always have seems like a bloke you can have a pint with, pissed off he went to vile because of how much i liked him and yeah fair enough its a job and he's not blues fan but its the way he goes about wanking over them and their fans who deep down he knows are fickle as feck. Its a matter of time before they turn on him and he becomes a bluenose barstard anyway.

He also got to know a bloke i know who was in his 70s (no longer here) and he regularly used to send him over clothes/coats and shoes etc even after he'd left blues so seems a top bloke but right now he's a dvb and i hope we stuff the potato headed prick

A rational and sanguine assessment. :D thumbs up
Tweet Topic

F-16 replying to Gary Rowett
19:06, Friday 21 April 2017
Gary Rowett
Blues Aint I

feck him

how did he know it was his 90th? we might be a bit tick on SHA but that story is ridiculous

BTW I don't mind Bruce
Tweet Topic

Freud replying to Gary Rowett
19:45, Friday 21 April 2017
Gary Rowett
Blues Aint I

feck him

Didn't happen.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Freud
19:53, Friday 21 April 2017
I can't stand his viler arse licking act - it has totally negated what he did with us.

The DVB.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Southside Blue replying to F-16
20:07, Friday 21 April 2017
F-16
Gary Rowett
Blues Aint I

feck him

how did he know it was his 90th? we might be a bit tick on SHA but that story is ridiculous

BTW I don't mind Bruce
. Ten years after the 80 th ?
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
Tweet Topic

Bluemeadey replying to Bluesince62
20:15, Friday 21 April 2017
Never liked him as a ManUre player , tolerated him as a Blues player ... as a manager .. he has been found out time and again that he is best managing a team of scrappers ... once he starts trying to bring flair players in , it all goes to rat shit
Tweet Topic

Man in the corner shop replying to Bluemeadey
20:19, Friday 21 April 2017
Brucie won't see the season out at villa next season,plus if you ask him in years to come where his favourite job was deep down he will say blues everytime.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »