This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Transfer rumour: Club president claims to have opened talks over Birmingham City winger

Birmingham Mail
15:30, Friday 14 July 2017
Turkish club reportedly interested in BCFC wideman

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Registered users can enjoy SHA without adverts for less than £1.00 per month. Click here for more details...

Re: Transfer rumour: Club president claims to have opened talks over Birmingham City winger

B_C_F_C replying to Birmingham Mail
15:34, Friday 14 July 2017
Frei..
Tweet Topic

Re: Transfer rumour: Club president claims to have opened talks over Birmingham City winger

Noel Blake's Headbutt replying to Birmingham Mail
15:34, Friday 14 July 2017
Kerim Frei

Edit : beaten to it - and the vile rag got two clicks thumbs down
Tweet Topic

J replying to Noel Blake's Headbutt
15:47, Friday 14 July 2017
Shame that. Our squad is looking interesting with him in it
Cheery Chappy Charcy
People who read books are mugs. If it is good enough it will be on TV.
Tweet Topic

LondonBlue replying to Birmingham Mail
15:48, Friday 14 July 2017
I would be dissapointed selling Frei and signing Downing.

Bit of a downgrade at this stage of their careers.
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to Birmingham Mail
15:49, Friday 14 July 2017
Disappointing, I think we're making a mistake here, he's good enough to make an impact in the Championship and he's only young.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

I.P.F replying to Birmingham Mail
15:57, Friday 14 July 2017
Big mistake if it's true.

He could develop into a key player in a Harry Redknapp team. Deserves a season to prove himself.
Tweet Topic

B_C_F_C replying to Le Mod
15:58, Friday 14 July 2017
He still has 3 yrs left on his contract..

We should be keeping him.
Tweet Topic

jefflynneshair replying to B_C_F_C
16:51, Friday 14 July 2017
Something clearly isn't working though is it?

Zola bought him and didn't play him, Redknapp has come in and now he's bombing him out.
@stevanderman
Tweet Topic

Deckchair replying to jefflynneshair
17:07, Friday 14 July 2017
This is a shame.

I thought that Redkanpp might be willing to play Frei and Keita wide with such a strong and solid spine.
Tweet Topic

LondonBlue replying to jefflynneshair
17:20, Friday 14 July 2017
A Ewan Chester signing.
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to LondonBlue
17:22, Friday 14 July 2017
I don't think he was a bad signing at all, in fact I thought he was a good one. He's a very talented boy; but for some reason he can't seem to impose himself on games. Could it be a confidence issue? Who knows. I will be sad if he leaves though, I thought he could be a superb player at our level if he found his groove.
Tweet Topic

Hoof hearted? replying to Dbbcfc
18:45, Friday 14 July 2017
Tell them the same price as Kyle Walker or do one. (could negotiate down a little)
Tweet Topic

bully-beef-jnr replying to Hoof hearted?
20:08, Friday 14 July 2017
Brian Dick yesterday reported that Frei was his stand out player so far and had looked reinvigorated
Tweet Topic

Akita replying to bully-beef-jnr
20:12, Friday 14 July 2017
Whats a good price for him? Cant remember what we paid.
Tweet Topic

Artist replying to Akita
20:19, Friday 14 July 2017
Just over £2 million i think
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to bully-beef-jnr
20:26, Friday 14 July 2017
There's no way I'd get rid tbh, he's the only wideman we have with explosive pace, hopefully he gets on the pitch tomorrow and he can show Harry what he's got.

I think this one will come back to bite us.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

El Mayor replying to Akita
20:26, Friday 14 July 2017
Akita
Whats a good price for him? Cant remember what we paid.

We won't get anything like what we paid unfortunately.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Artist
20:32, Friday 14 July 2017
He's shit, we can do better.

Hold the feckin line, you Scott Armers.
Arse
Tweet Topic

pearcy replying to El Mayor
20:35, Friday 14 July 2017
Yes it's a shame etc, in Harry we (I) trust though.
Tweet Topic

Blue Machine replying to pearcy
08:16, Saturday 15 July 2017
pearcy
Yes it's a shame etc, in Harry we (I) trust though.
Harry strikes me as a manager that will give players a chance to prove themselves if you look at Ravel for instance.His rather curt response when asked why he wasn't in the squad for the Villa game told me there was something underlying that hasn't impressed him.Remember Zola signed him and didn't use him that much.Dont know but at a guess I'd say he's unfit and out of shape.
Tweet Topic

TQ Blue replying to Blue Machine
08:38, Saturday 15 July 2017
It's doubtful that he's struggling to settle off the pitch, unless he much preferred London (Fulham) over Birmingham for some reason. We can only afford so many flair players who are young upcoming internationals from countries with decent international squads so if he has to be sold for some reason, I think it's important that they bring in another player of similar stature, for that position or a different one. We had high hopes for him when he was bought so it would be disappointing if he left. If he does go and we don't make a huge profit, I think the club should be honest afterwards and explain why it happened and as I said, make sure someone else comes in of similar (or higher) stature who also excites the fans.
Tweet Topic

Ribeye replying to TQ Blue
08:47, Saturday 15 July 2017
I wouldn't sell him, at the moment he's our best winger.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Ribeye
09:57, Saturday 15 July 2017
Being serious, what Pearcy said. If 'Arry doesn't rate him, I'm willing to back the managers judgement.
Arse
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Birmingham Mail
09:58, Saturday 15 July 2017
Let's hope uncle H knows what he's doing here mmmmmmmmm?
Because if it all goes shall we say 'pear shaped'
We are going to be left with an ageing team and a hefty wage bill
But the young ones have got a hard on for it. So let's jump aboard huh
Melting snowflakes
With Donald and Nigel
Tweet Topic

TrevorFrancisTrackSuits replying to Birmingham Mail
10:00, Saturday 15 July 2017
Sell sell sell
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Tank
10:04, Saturday 15 July 2017
Right ok oink ok oink ok oink
If we can bring in 7-8 million
By selling frei, Donaldson, gleeson and fabbrini and cotterill
Let's make a move on Jordan Rhodes yeah
Bring in Robbie as a bench warmer and we are near set in that dept
Still lacking pace in the team
Lacking a lot of pace going by last season
Tweet Topic

Ribeye replying to Tank
10:15, Saturday 15 July 2017
7-8? Be lucky to get 4m for those
Tweet Topic

Hyde Graham replying to Ribeye
11:33, Saturday 15 July 2017
If we sell Frei what wingers are we left with? Maghoma, Cotterill, Viv, Che who prefers playing up top, Keita who we have no indication he will play as a winger, woeful situation.
Tweet Topic

Blueskyline replying to LondonBlue
14:31, Saturday 15 July 2017
Frei hasn't adaptied to English football, Zola signed him and didn't play him ,Rednapp has run the rule over him and decided to let him go , he's now in the market for a replacement Downing to old and only looking for a final pay day we really need a young hungry player who wants to make a name for himself
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »