This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Spotify or Apple music?

Bjorn Otto Bragstad
10:38, Monday 17 July 2017
Currently on a 3 month free trial with Apple music but think its a bit naff. Especially as I can't use it on my now ancient ipod touch.

Is Spotify any better? It has a web player and I CAN use it on other devices which is swaying me.
Tweet Topic

Re: Spotify or Apple music?

HackneyBlue replying to Bjorn Otto Bragstad
10:40, Monday 17 July 2017
I've had both, found Spotify interface/apps much easier to use and easier to stumble across recommended music I hadn't heard before.

Only use Spotify now, and blagged a family account between a few people so only pay £2.50 a month
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to HackneyBlue
10:43, Monday 17 July 2017
Spotify - excellent allround.
Tweet Topic

CheswickBlue replying to Bjorn Otto Bragstad
10:47, Monday 17 July 2017
Spotify all day long. Apple music is shite.
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to CheswickBlue
10:49, Monday 17 July 2017
Yep - Spotify is better. They are both similar but Spotify clearly has an additional few years worth of development behind it.
Tweet Topic

Rosie 47 replying to HackneyBlue
10:53, Monday 17 July 2017
HackneyBlue
I've had both, found Spotify interface/apps much easier to use and easier to stumble across recommended music I hadn't heard before.

Only use Spotify now, and blagged a family account between a few people so only pay £2.50 a month

This - open a family account and get 5 mates involved - peanuts
Tweet Topic

Blueboy81 replying to Rosie 47
11:02, Monday 17 July 2017
I use Spotify. It's premium service is 99p for 3 months trial.
Keeping Right On since 1981
Tweet Topic

GBBlue replying to Blueboy81
11:05, Monday 17 July 2017
I am tight so normally would find cheaper ways to play music and stream films/tv but honestly Spotify and Netflix are both worth the money!
Tweet Topic

Bjorn Otto Bragstad replying to GBBlue
11:10, Monday 17 July 2017
Yeah, I seem to spend hours downloading music. It used to be quite easy but there has been a bit of a clamp down.

For £5.99 I think it will be worth it - Student discount as well ;)

Apple music is utter tripe and I have only had it since Friday. It took ages to transfer my music to the cloud and apart from a few playlists it seems no different to my original itunes library. It is not even easy to find new music!
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »