This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Birmingham City transfer news: Harry Redknapp issues update on Ogenyi Onazi AND Afriyie Acquah

Birmingham Mail
14:40, Thursday 10 August 2017
BCFC boss with the latest on Blues' midfield targets - and whether it's an either/or situation

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Re: Birmingham City transfer news: Harry Redknapp issues update on Ogenyi Onazi AND Afriyie Acquah

Le Mod replying to Birmingham Mail
14:43, Thursday 10 August 2017
Says it will be one or the other.

Seems like the Nigerian lad is close and the people behind the scenes are trying to wrap it up today possibly.

On the basis that he's speaking so openly about it, after previous feck ups, it must be extremely close.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

Re: Birmingham City transfer news: Harry Redknapp issues update on Ogenyi Onazi AND Afriyie Acquah

Dbbcfc replying to Le Mod
14:44, Thursday 10 August 2017
Of the two, Onazi is the better option. Better on the ball, and different to what we have.
Tweet Topic

WorcsAzul replying to Le Mod
14:57, Thursday 10 August 2017
Just grabbed this still from the Wast Hills webcam. 'Arry has learnt from the Badu experience!!

Linked Image

Le Mod
On the basis that he's speaking so openly about it, after previous feck ups, it must be extremely close.
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to Dbbcfc
14:57, Thursday 10 August 2017
Have you genuinely seen enough of him to have this opinion?
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to Le Mod
14:59, Thursday 10 August 2017
I'd like the two. They could win you a game of Scrabble by themselves.
You know what? I think I'd quite like to sit near Miguel.
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Glacier Shift replying to Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
15:00, Thursday 10 August 2017
Neither will happen
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

TonyEvansFacial Hair replying to Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to Dbbcfc
I've not seen Acquah but I've seen Onazi play a couple of years ago (I had him on a fantasy football game I was on so when Lazio were on Sky, I gave it a watch) and he seemed decent enough. As others have said, he looked like a good, young player but it was at a higher level so it's hard to judge - better opposition but also better players covering for you....

I've seen enough though to be confident that he's a huge upgrade on what we currently have.
Tweet Topic

Freud replying to Dbbcfc
15:02, Thursday 10 August 2017
Dbbcfc
Of the two, Onazi is the better option. Better on the ball, and different to what we have.

Are you this Jeff Vetere bloke?

Seem to have an opinion and view of every aspect of Blues at the moment.

Can't be Bond or 'Arry as you can clearly type in English.
Tweet Topic

SteveCherry replying to Birmingham Mail
15:08, Thursday 10 August 2017
Latest is that, Onazis agent is refusing to say owt either way.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Freud
15:10, Thursday 10 August 2017
I'm not Jeff, no. I'm just more engrossed with Blues than ever.

Also Bob, I'm not an expert on Onazi, but I watched him for Lazio a few times before he left for Turkey. He's a big step up from what we have, a bit of an all-rounder really.

If I had the choice between Onazi, Acquah, and Badu, I'd have probably chosen Onazi.

He would be another signing on the same quality level as Stockdale/Roberts/N'Doye, so certainly an upgrade.
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to Dbbcfc
15:12, Thursday 10 August 2017
thumbs up
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Glacier Shift replying to SteveCherry
15:12, Thursday 10 August 2017
Where you read that Steve?
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

SteveCherry replying to The Birmingham Glacier Shift
15:16, Thursday 10 August 2017
[twitter.com] scroll down
Tweet Topic

Rosie 47 replying to SteveCherry
15:20, Thursday 10 August 2017
SteveCherry

I'm going to be nice and post the link

[www.today.ng]
Tweet Topic

Thongs replying to Freud
15:22, Thursday 10 August 2017
Freud
Dbbcfc

Are you this Jeff Vetere bloke?

Seem to have an opinion and view of every aspect of Blues at the moment.

Can't be Bond or 'Arry as you can clearly type in English.

He certainly does hang off the end of Harrys knob doesn't he?
This post is paid for by Small Heath Alliance

Never EVER forget!

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Rosie 47
15:23, Thursday 10 August 2017
I really think we need to start pushing hard to get these transfers over the line. We can't afford to miss out on any more, and it seems like there's more competition than ever for players. If we sit back, they will be stolen from under our noses.
Tweet Topic

Thongs replying to Dbbcfc
15:26, Thursday 10 August 2017
But you said we should be patient.
This post is paid for by Small Heath Alliance

Never EVER forget!

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to SteveCherry
15:26, Thursday 10 August 2017
SteveCherry

I would imagine with all the let downs we've had recently, everybody has been told not to say anything until and unless it actually gets completed this time.
Tweet Topic

SteveCherry replying to Dbbcfc
15:27, Thursday 10 August 2017
I am enjoying the whole "Who??? Oh, he's actually half decent" vibe of this transfer window.
Tweet Topic

Bluecarr replying to Dbbcfc
15:27, Thursday 10 August 2017
I dread to think what could happen if they fail to get this deal over the line..
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Thongs
15:29, Thursday 10 August 2017
The backroom staff have to pull their fingers out, and the fans have to be patient. Both of those can coexist Thongsy
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to SteveCherry
15:32, Thursday 10 August 2017
SteveCherry
I am enjoying the whole "Who??? Oh, he's actually half decent" vibe of this transfer window.

I don't mind that part, there's something exciting about not knowing what to expect from a player - especially if they turn out to be good.

...I just wish we'd get some of the bloody signings completed.
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Spike
15:34, Thursday 10 August 2017
I almost wish these targets weren't mentioned at all. It gives other clubs chance to hijack the deal, as we saw with Badu. Getting them done silently like Stockdale and N'Doye is the way forward.
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Glacier Shift replying to Dbbcfc
15:35, Thursday 10 August 2017
So Harry should say feck all about them in press conferences.

The club really need to get their fingers out these next three weeks.

If we don't strengthen we'll need to worry about the bottom three not the top 6. The lack of depth is ridiculous.
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to The Birmingham Glacier Shift
15:37, Thursday 10 August 2017
It's unpleasant at the moment isn't it, I'm still confident we'll have a much improved squad though.
Tweet Topic

Magna 1,000,000 replying to Dbbcfc
15:48, Thursday 10 August 2017
Dbbcfc
I really think we need to start pushing hard to get these transfers over the line. We can't afford to miss out on any more, and it seems like there's more competition than ever for players. If we sit back, they will be stolen from under our noses.

Its Harry taking players words for it, then leaving it for a few days getting paperwork sorted etc.

In the secret footballers book, he wrote that managers and club owners would take him round the clubs trophies and lock them in the room after they nip out and leave them there for 4 hours until they sign the contract etc.

Harry needs to tell them N'Doye will kill them if they don't sign
Tweet Topic

minotaur replying to Magna 1,000,000
16:28, Thursday 10 August 2017
thinly guised as we've signed the other one..
[ghanasoccernet.com]
Tweet Topic

Ribeye replying to minotaur
20:04, Thursday 10 August 2017
Harry loves giving the press an article doesn't he?
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »