This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Birmingham City transfer news: Harry Redknapp gives this brutally honest account of striker search

Birmingham Mail
18:05, Friday 11 August 2017
BCFC have been rebuffed at several turns so far - but remain determined to strengthen

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Re: Birmingham City transfer news: Harry Redknapp gives this brutally honest account of striker search

Tank replying to Birmingham Mail
18:09, Friday 11 August 2017
That does not sound good at all
Rub a dub dub
Woof bark donkey
Tweet Topic

Re: Birmingham City transfer news: Harry Redknapp gives this brutally honest account of striker search

Dbbcfc replying to Tank
18:12, Friday 11 August 2017
Never see you commenting on positive stories Tank?

Mmmmmmmm
Tweet Topic

carlsblues replying to Dbbcfc
18:14, Friday 11 August 2017
As said before the window shuts end of Aug so still time in arry we trust
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Dbbcfc
18:16, Friday 11 August 2017
Show me ONE positive to come out of that article
Rub a dub dub
Woof bark donkey
Tweet Topic

Bagel replying to Birmingham Mail
18:18, Friday 11 August 2017
Fair play, can't be upset with anything there.

Hugill is not worth £6m, even in an inflated market. Diony would have been one hell of a signing, but obviously wasn't to be - but if we're genuinely in for players like that, I can't be annoyed.
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Tank
18:18, Friday 11 August 2017
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that you're quick to comment on negative stories, but I don't see you commenting when is a positive story.
Tweet Topic

J replying to Tank
18:19, Friday 11 August 2017
That we're looking? That we're not overpaying? That we're not settling for average?
Cheery Chappy Charcy
People who read books are mugs. If it is good enough it will be on TV.
Tweet Topic

Roman replying to Tank
18:19, Friday 11 August 2017
Harry Now saying he is being backed 1 million percent?

Harry not willing to pay over inflated prices (something a lot were worried about with his history of "bankrupting" clubs)

Couple of positives there I think
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Dbbcfc
18:31, Friday 11 August 2017
Apart from the three early (to sell seats) signings there really hasn't been anything positive to cream over
Especially the awful result at Ipswich a club on its arse
Rub a dub dub
Woof bark donkey
Tweet Topic

U-ge Club replying to Birmingham Mail
18:33, Friday 11 August 2017
Doesn't sound good...
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Tank
18:33, Friday 11 August 2017
If anything good does happen, promise you'll enjoy it?
Tweet Topic

brumfanatic replying to Dbbcfc
18:58, Friday 11 August 2017
[m.bbc.co.uk]

Short Redknapp interview. 19 year old loan player on £12.5k per week ... if does not play its £25k per week!!!
Tweet Topic

Finnansleftfoot replying to Dbbcfc
19:02, Friday 11 August 2017
some people are that negative you wonder what lives they live!

there are 10 outfield players in a football time SHOCK!

yet most seem to think a 20+ goal a season striker is the holy grail

it sure helps but you can do very well with a couple who can score 12-15 and then the midfield and defence chipping in.

we have actually signed goalscorers in N'Doye and Roberts, they will score more than you'd expect from players in their positions. If we get Flint, we know his goalscoring record is excellent.

Teams that fill their squads with goal-scorers I seem to think the vile and wednesday did that last season - did them a lot of good didn't it - did Leeds go up with Chris Wood = no.

You try to average 2 goals a game so rather 5 players in double figures and the rest chipping in.

Patience and lets see what we have on 1 September.

Blues past - I recall Gleghorn and Hunt being top scorer in successful seasons, both midfield players!!!!!!!!!
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Tank
19:05, Friday 11 August 2017
Tank

A manager telling it how it is, being straightforward and honest? unlike a few so called 'Blues' on here who only seem bothered about 'winning' on the internet.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Cattell Prod replying to Bluesince62
19:12, Friday 11 August 2017
Bluesince62
Tank

A manager telling it how it is, being straightforward and honest? unlike a few so called 'Blues' on here who only seem bothered about 'winning' on the internet.

Tank's still missing Franco terribly tbf
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Cattell Prod
19:21, Friday 11 August 2017
There's more than a few pining for the one before Franco, too :D
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to Birmingham Mail
19:21, Friday 11 August 2017
'The owners do not want to spend'

very worrying direct quote from the gaffer
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Bob Latchford
19:23, Friday 11 August 2017
Funny guy.
Tweet Topic

Finnansleftfoot replying to Bob Latchford
19:28, Friday 11 August 2017
Stop the fake news !

Read what he actually said!

“It’s been frustrating because we have tried so hard. It’s not been ‘The owners don’t want to spend’ - they are backing me one million per cent to bring players in.
Tweet Topic

Cattell Prod replying to Bluesince62
19:29, Friday 11 August 2017
Not me boss. Dead to me now
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Cattell Prod
19:30, Friday 11 August 2017
Cattell Prod
Not me boss. Dead to me now

thumbs up
Tweet Topic

SteveCherry replying to brumfanatic
19:31, Friday 11 August 2017
That's little short of blackmail.
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Cattell Prod
20:05, Friday 11 August 2017
Let me explain something to you
I spend thousands each season following my club
I'll say what the feck I like
For ninety minutes I get behind the team nobody sings louder
But if at the end I'm not happy be it with the players the manager the board I will fecking well say so
I'm not one to bend over and touch my toes everytime the 'messiah' opens his mouth like a lot on here
I'm not one of the flock
Who follow like sheep
I'll say what I see
BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Rub a dub dub
Woof bark donkey
Tweet Topic

Gary Rowett replying to Birmingham Mail
20:54, Friday 11 August 2017
Jeff Vetere

What a waste of time
@vivabrownie

Internet-based club consultant for BCFC
Tweet Topic

alsan1951 replying to Tank
20:54, Friday 11 August 2017
Have you just spatt your dum dum out lol
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »