This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Birmingham City: Cheikh Ndoye was much better tonight - Harry Redknapp

Birmingham Mail
22:35, Tuesday 12 September 2017
This is what the Birmingham City boss had to say after the game against Leeds United

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

FAO Bat

Dbbcfc replying to Birmingham Mail
22:39, Tuesday 12 September 2017
What did you think of Ndoye? Much more like it tonight I thought; will only keep improving too

Edit: merged, for the attention of young Bat
Tweet Topic

Re: FAO Bat

Predator replying to Dbbcfc
23:08, Tuesday 12 September 2017
He's looked absolute garbage up until tonight. He was a lot better tonight, not great but much better. Looked fitter.
Tweet Topic

titchyblue replying to Predator
23:25, Tuesday 12 September 2017
He is terrible he has no pace, Slows down any decent attack is clumsy in the tackle And Gives away far too many soft free kicks.
He Has the turning circle of a HGV and doesn't support the lone striker quick enough when the ball goes out wide.

All my opinion of course but I really don't see how a 31 year old big lump is going to get up to speed at this level!
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to titchyblue
23:27, Tuesday 12 September 2017
Did you watch the game tonight? Looked far more like the player Harry thought he was signing
Tweet Topic

titchyblue replying to Dbbcfc
06:21, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Yeah watched the game, and like I said he slows down attacks and doesn't get in to support the front man quick enough, if we're going to play 1 up front you need a box to box midfielder not him!
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to Predator
07:39, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Predator
He's looked absolute garbage up until tonight. He was a lot better tonight, not great but much better. Looked fitter.

He played yesterday like he played against Bristol City. Slow start, but grew massively into the game

In the game after Bristol he went off injured and needed an x-ray, so as long as he stays fit, he will be fine
Tweet Topic

LH_4 replying to Dbbcfc
08:08, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I thought he did well. Hassled without fouling, won everything in the air, showed a few tidy exchanges with the other midfielders. I think the injury against Bolton really showed against Burton. If he stays fit, I think he will be a good addition. Still feels quite awkward on the ball, I'm surprised he didn't put Walsh in there as one of the three
Tweet Topic

Karim replying to Bob Latchford
08:14, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I guarantee that by the end of the season he'll be a fan favourite. People have such feeble memories and childlike reserves of patience: N'Daw was exactly the same (arguably worse in fact).
Tweet Topic

Chris replying to Karim
08:24, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Spot on. The demand for everything to work right away is not only pathetic but utterly embarrassing. Some of our 'fans' are a joke.
Tweet Topic

Blueskyline replying to titchyblue
08:35, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Ndoye would be the first to admit he's an anchor in midfield and not a box to box player , against some teams you need this sort of midfielder I think he will do fine for blues, he's a good honest addition who's growing in confidence with every game he plays
Tweet Topic

Magna 1,000,000 replying to Chris
08:39, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I was at the game and up until 75-80 minutes he was absolute gash.

In the last 15 or so he was going up for every header from our back 5s hoofballs and winning them all and he was guarding the back 4 (not very well considering we let in a last minute goal).

The first 80 minutes though he was absolutely awful. He really played like that kid in school that was so terrible at football but did try.

- If a Leeds player was coming near with the ball he'd stand 4ft away and stretch a leg out to try and toe the ball away without tackling.

- We was attacking and we played the ball across the box to him where he controlled it with his inside heel and it bounced to a leeds player so hard that it bounced off the player and went straight to Boga to play in Colin.

- We was attacking and the ball fell to him on the edge of the box with 2 defenders near him but really only the keeper to bear if it was any other player. He swung and missed the ball and it bobbled sideways out of danger.

- About 3 or 4 times he got a outstretched toe on the ball and all that did was lay it off for a leeds player to make a better run at goal.

- He didn't win a header for the first 60 i think, he was so bullied aerially that whoever was marking him didn't bother at all and doubled up on Boga instead.

- He mishit 2 passes back to his defence which they had to track back to collect and put themselves under a lot of pressure with Leeds pacy runners coming at them.

That being said i agree for 10 minutes at the end he greatly improved and i am hoping that was a glimpse of what is coming.
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to Magna 1,000,000
08:42, Wednesday 13 September 2017
If you were at the game, why did you post 9 times during the match in the match thread?

and then loads in the aftermath?
Tweet Topic

mr_crosby replying to Bob Latchford
08:44, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Yes, unusual for something not to add up there.
Tweet Topic

Bob Latchford replying to mr_crosby
08:57, Wednesday 13 September 2017
:D
Tweet Topic

Magna 1,000,000 replying to Bob Latchford
08:58, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Because I like to post on SHA. Same as i am at work right now and posting. Is there a ban on SHA if your at a game?

We were losing and seemed like we had no hope of scoring and sat on my phone.
Tweet Topic

The Bat replying to Dbbcfc
09:57, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Dbbcfc
Did you watch the game tonight? Looked far more like the player Harry thought he was signing

Thought of you as I watched the game :D Ndoye played well, the attacking part of his game is not as good as his defending but others can do that bit. He broke down a lot of the play then played simple balls in the main to the more creative players. Don't underestimate his strength. He was hard to get round, impossible to knock over and it's about time we had some muscle in our midfield. Liked what I saw.
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to The Bat
10:00, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Nice one Bat! I hope he's finally gained confidence and will push on from here. Encouraged to see a couple of flicks and touches from him too, I think he'll be a presence going forward as well as defensively thumbs up
Tweet Topic

H replying to Karim
10:11, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Karim
I guarantee that by the end of the season he'll be a fan favourite. People have such feeble memories and childlike reserves of patience: N'Daw was exactly the same (arguably worse in fact).

N'Daw was worse and also took a few games to grow into it, he reminds me of him so much, even down to the mishit passes to wingers and full backs.

I see plenty in N'Doye to tell me he'll be good for us this season, the lack of patience in some of our fans at the minute is stunning.

This is clearly so different to the Zola mess, you can tell this will come good.

As an aside, I think we need to be playing Walsh alongside N'Doye and one of Lowe/Davis/Gardner. Walsh is probably the most technically competent passer of the ball we have in midfield and he'll need protecting, I'd expect to see him in at home on Saturday in a deeper position than he played against Norwich.
Free Jeremie Boga
Tweet Topic

H replying to The Bat
10:13, Wednesday 13 September 2017
The Bat
Dbbcfc

Thought of you as I watched the game :D Ndoye played well, the attacking part of his game is not as good as his defending but others can do that bit. He broke down a lot of the play then played simple balls in the main to the more creative players. Don't underestimate his strength. He was hard to get round, impossible to knock over and it's about time we had some muscle in our midfield. Liked what I saw.

You're showing some lovely humility there Douglas and I applaud you for it.
Free Jeremie Boga
Tweet Topic

The Bat replying to H
10:22, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Cheers H, I just say what I see. If he's shite next week I'll say so again. One thing I did post yesterday which seems to have gone under the radar was the question 'Are Leeds players on a different level to us?' To which I self answered no. Our players confirmed that answer last night. In fact from 1-11 I thought on balance we had the better team.
Tweet Topic

Magna 1,000,000 replying to The Bat
10:50, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I thought our team was on the exact same ability as Leeds. They had more prescence in the middle and the strikers were more direct, but i saw so much good, it just confuses me cause we all said the same against them last year yet carried on down the table.
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to Karim
11:01, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Agree completely. Some people had written of Lowe before he even kicked a ball - "he's just a blackburn reject." In the two games he's played, I think he's looked good and assured on the ball.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »