This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Wast Hills

Dbbcfc
13:44, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I know Bat and a few others disagree, but I'm going to put it out there for all to see; something is wrong at Wast Hills and it's causing the ludicrous amount of muscle pulls and tears we're getting. It happened at Arsenal, so it could certainly happen here.

It might be training techniques, it might be the training pitches themselves, or maybe the new fitness team are getting it totally wrong with recovery etc.

Does anyone know if people at the club are looking into this trend, or are they convinced it's just bad luck? I'd hate us to undergo any more injuries before realising something needs changing
Tweet Topic

Re: Wast Hills

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Dbbcfc
13:46, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Yawn
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Artist replying to Dbbcfc
13:48, Wednesday 13 September 2017
It's just bad luck.
Sports people get injuries all the time you know.
Tweet Topic

Artist replying to Rab C Nesbitt
13:49, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Tired Rab ?
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Rab C Nesbitt
13:49, Wednesday 13 September 2017
You think it's bad luck then Rab? I know I face opposition in this but I'll stick by it. If I'm proven wrong I'm proven wrong
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to Artist
13:50, Wednesday 13 September 2017
They don't tend to all get exactly the same injury though.... It's enough of a pattern that the club should have a look into it even if they do decide ultimately that it's just bad luck.
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Petebaldwin
13:52, Wednesday 13 September 2017
This is exactly the point I'm making Pete. It may only be bad luck, but there is enough of a trend to start to look into it.

Vassell and Jota aren't injury prone, didn't do pre-season with us, and got injured quite quickly, the same injury too.

Che has also injured both hamstrings. There's a trend with explosive players here too
Tweet Topic

13:52, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Dbbcfc
You think it's bad luck then Rab? I know I face opposition in this but I'll stick by it. If I'm proven wrong I'm proven wrong
That's big of you to say so
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

13:53, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Dbbcfc
This is exactly the point I'm making Pete. It may only be bad luck, but there is enough of a trend to start to look into it.

Vassell and Jota aren't injury prone, didn't do pre-season with us, and got injured quite quickly, the same injury too.

Che has also injured both hamstrings. There's a trend with explosive players here too
better keep H-Bomb well away then
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Rab C Nesbitt
13:54, Wednesday 13 September 2017
When Bat thinks of explosive young men
Tweet Topic

SteveCherry replying to Dbbcfc
14:08, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Pogbas went last night and for apparently no good reason it's not unique to us. Also, Vassell's injury was as a direct result of a tackle, so that's just Che and Jota
She's playing with fire, he''s not ready for nibbly pig...
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to SteveCherry
14:19, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I know it's not unique to us, but United haven't had a string of similar injuries like us. I hope they dry up and we avoid muscular injuries all season from now on, but at the moment we barely seem to be able to go a game without one occurring.
Tweet Topic

coventrybluenose replying to Dbbcfc
14:19, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Worth a shout, even Blues can't be this unlucky surely? The Gypsy curse surely didn't cover muscle injuries?
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Tweet Topic

Thongs replying to Dbbcfc
14:26, Wednesday 13 September 2017
It's because we haven't had quick players for ages or players that try for that matter.
This post is paid for by Small Heath Alliance

Never EVER forget!

[www.smallheathalliance.com]
Tweet Topic

Legal_Bluenose replying to Dbbcfc
14:27, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Gypsy's curse
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
Tweet Topic

The Bat replying to Dbbcfc
14:29, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Dbbcfc

That's just it though Db you're never going to be proven either right or wrong so why bother?
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to The Bat
14:33, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I'm fascinated to know how Wast Hills can be to blame for injuries that took place not in training, but in matches, many miles away from the training pitches.

I think SHA's medical experts really could be onto something extraordinary here!

:D:D:D
Tweet Topic

CheswickBlue replying to Jim
14:35, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Players playing day in day out on an artificial pitch and then suddenly switching to grass could cause a problem.

Probably isn’t though, I imagine it is just bad luck.
Tweet Topic

Che Penguin replying to Dbbcfc
14:39, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Perhaps we should send down a crack team of our best SHA-ers, complete with testing equipment.

We need to get to the bottom of this!!
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to Jim
14:49, Wednesday 13 September 2017
To be fair, he said "It might be training techniques, it might be the training pitches themselves, or maybe the new fitness team are getting it totally wrong with recovery etc"

Are you suggesting those things have no correlation to injuries that occur on the pitch?
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Che Penguin
14:51, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I'm taking pelters on this thread :D the point Cheswick made about switching from artificial to grass is the kind of thing I'm thinking of. Something along those lines.

If the injuries continue in this vein, it'll add more weight to the idea. If they dry up, it's just been bad luck.
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to Dbbcfc
15:22, Wednesday 13 September 2017
But you've already reached a conclusion of sorts, with a bold statement in your opening address:

"something is wrong at Wast Hills!"

You and Peter had better get down there fast and sort it out.

:D
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Jim
15:26, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I do think there's something wrong at Wast Hills though? I stand by that.

There's a lot of naysayers, but of COURSE a problem at the training ground can cause injuries on game day.

It went beyond being bad luck last night in my opinion.

What do I know though, we could go months without another. I hope that's the case
Tweet Topic

NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots replying to Dbbcfc
15:56, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Never been to Wast Hills to see a training session. But at this time of the season, like this week. We have had 2 away games, how many full blooded training session would there have been? Taking into account I would imagine travelling the day before to Norwich and Leeds, a rest day after each match for recovery purposes and fitness assessment once they report back after each match. Not much I expect.

As a guess I would imagine 2 full blooded training sessions a week once the season starts are probably the most a manager can hope for, unless it is an international break.
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
16:02, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Can anybody who knows about fitness and injuries give a bit more info on this stuff?
Tweet Topic

Scoobers replying to NotFitToLaceDeanPeersBoots
16:09, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Sounds like we should have these injuries every season on that basis
Tweet Topic

Major Clanger replying to Scoobers
16:12, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I agree DB.

This is worrying me.

I think I'm going to paint the bottom of my slippers red to warn off the curse, the last thing I need is a hammy as a professional dancer!!
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Dbbcfc
16:16, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Dbbcfc

Absolutely. If they don't come up with anything then oh well, but for heaven's sake investigate it.

Surely harry has already asked why the feck all his players have hamstrings made out of candy floss.
Tweet Topic

Dbbcfc replying to Major Clanger
16:16, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I've taped up my hamstrings and refuse to leave the house
Tweet Topic

greebo joe replying to Dbbcfc
16:22, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Andre Green out for a few months, done his hamstring. 8-)
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »