This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

I come in peace

Cjay
14:57, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Hello all :D

LUFC fan, little while ago i decided to visit other clubs forums to get an insight into there views on various things Championship related, then stick it on a thread on our forum and discuss. This is my 3rd club visit so far and my 2nd Birmingham club after Villa, side note im from Coventry so bit of a soft spot for Midlands clubs B)

Thought could start with the game, and this is based on a stream that gave up in the 2nd half and then listening to the rest.

1) From what i saw and listened to you played really well, Boga was a constant threat and but for some wonderful defending it would have been 1-1 at one point and the game could then have gone differently. What was your opinion on the game?

2) Harry Redknapp divides opinion, some are huge fans and have said he is the best English manager after Brian Clough to not get the England job, others think he is a pretty average manager who hasnt really achieved much and if it wasnt for his high media profile nobody would rate him, whats your thoughts on him as a manager overall?

3) Whats your opinion on Harry as YOUR manager?

4) Fair to say you have had a poor start, but do you see it as a poor start because you simply arent good enough or is it a poor start based on bedding in period?

5) You sacked Gary Rowett ( wont go into the whys and stuff as i am not informed enough to) but he went with you in a decent position and Gianfranco Zola came in and you dropped like a stone, he went and Arry came in and you survived by the skin of your teeth, in hindsight was getting rid of Gary a mistake?

6) Gianfranco Zola, was he as bad a manager as the results seemed or was he just not given enough time?

7) You have a relatively new owners, whats your thoughts on them?

8) Jota, your record signing and a man that has attracted a lot of attention over the last 12months, Middlesbrough, then Fulham, then out of the blue (har har ) he was yours, just how excited were you to get him and could he be your Anthony Knockaert and inspire you to promotion?

9) This is just my opinion, i thought Boga was your biggest threat last night, how impressive has he been?

10) As well as the aforementioned Jota and Boga Harry has snapped up some impressive players, Marc Roberts, Harlee Dean, Sam Gallagher and David Stockdale to name some, first impressions of your new signings?

11) Do you have faith that you will turn this around and come next year you will be in the promotion mix?

12) Who do you see as the top 3 this season and who do you see being the bottom 3?

That is all, thank you in advance for taking the time to reply ( if anyone does) 8-)
Tweet Topic

Re: I come in peace

B.A - throwing clapper boards since '17 replying to Cjay
15:03, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Leeds fan from Coventry?

Tosser
Even Gabby, the premier league's first disabled footballer, doesn't want to play for you any more.
Tweet Topic

Atlas replying to Cjay
15:04, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I'll answer your questions when you explain to us why you don't support Coventry City.
Ndoye is the best midfielder in the Championship.
Tweet Topic

Nsue2 replying to Cjay
15:12, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Get a girlfriend
Tweet Topic

CheswickBlue replying to Cjay
15:19, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Fecking hell mate I’d do it if it wasn’t 7,358 questions long
Tweet Topic

QBBC2 replying to Cjay
15:25, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Small Heath Alliance, once again going out of it's way to prove the stereotype of the dour Brummie completely correct :D
Tweet Topic

B.A - throwing clapper boards since '17 replying to QBBC2
15:31, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Bugger off Yam Yam
Even Gabby, the premier league's first disabled footballer, doesn't want to play for you any more.
Tweet Topic

Cjay replying to B.A - throwing clapper boards since '17
15:36, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I can see we are going to become firm friends :D
Tweet Topic

Cjay replying to Atlas
15:39, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Ok, my dad picked Leeds as a child, dont know why they were crap at the time, this was before Don Revie had won anything, and he took me to watch Leeds play and they became my team, simple as that really.
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Cjay
We come in peace, we leave you in pieces. ...
Rub a dub dub
Woof bark donkey
Tweet Topic

Cjay replying to QBBC2
Load of family from Birmingham im used to it :D
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to Cjay
15:42, Wednesday 13 September 2017
When Bat thinks of firm young men, he thinks of you, Cjay...
You know what? I think I'd quite like to sit near Miguel.
Tweet Topic

CheswickBlue replying to Cjay
15:43, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Leeds are shit
Tweet Topic

Petebaldwin replying to Atlas
15:46, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Atlas
I'll answer your questions when you explain to us why you don't support Coventry City.

Asking someone why they don't support Coventry is like asking why you don't spend all day punching yourself in the bollocks. You can give an answer but do you really need to?
Tweet Topic

Cjay replying to Petebaldwin
15:49, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Petebaldwin
Atlas

Asking someone why they don't support Coventry is like asking why you don't spend all day punching yourself in the bollocks. You can give an answer but do you really need to?

Did answer, its a question ive got asked a lot, i support the team my dad supports and took me to see as a kid, not like its been much fun they been pretty shit most of my life 8-)
Tweet Topic

B.A - throwing clapper boards since '17 replying to Cjay
16:01, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Probably x

I love you
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to B.A - throwing clapper boards since '17
16:07, Wednesday 13 September 2017
I think you watched the same stream as me where the ustream account got banned mid way through second half lol.
Tweet Topic

Major Clanger replying to Cjay
16:14, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Vile aren't a Birmingham club
Tweet Topic

Che Penguin replying to Major Clanger
16:20, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Linked Image
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to Cjay
17:26, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Too many questions, but good luck for the season.
Tweet Topic

Blue Flamingo replying to Cjay
17:49, Wednesday 13 September 2017
are you asking these for the eggheads?
Tweet Topic

Kym replying to Cjay
18:38, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Cjay

I think he's OK so far, and he has certainly raised our profile amongst the media as they love him to death

5) You sacked Gary Rowett ( wont go into the whys and stuff as i am not informed enough to) but he went with you in a decent position and Gianfranco Zola came in and you dropped like a stone, he went and Arry came in and you survived by the skin of your teeth, in hindsight was getting rid of Gary a mistake?
Getting rid of Gary was a massive mistake, I cannot understand our owners' thinking on it.

6) Gianfranco Zola, was he as bad a manager as the results seemed or was he just not given enough time?
He was kack. Nice guy but completely inept as a manager. I felt sorry for him.

Feck knows, they're pretty much invisible.

Didn't have time to answer the rest as it's teatime :D
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to Cjay
18:55, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Cjay

Mate, please don't start that one going again. Some on here still haven't got over it...
Tweet Topic

Bluestaines replying to Kym
18:57, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Kym
Cjay

I think he's OK so far, and he has certainly raised our profile amongst the media as they love him to death

Getting rid of Gary was a massive mistake, I cannot understand our owners' thinking on it.

Don't have time to answer all your questions either but I agree with Kym on these answers.
Tweet Topic

wessex - mr rowett's happiest clapper replying to Kym
19:04, Wednesday 13 September 2017
i'll knock off a couple more.

yes.

Feck knows..
Tweet Topic

Wingman Blue replying to Cjay
19:27, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Yes, pretty impressed with signings this season, compared the player trapdoor since relegation, it's pretty good.
They should be bedded in by end of this month. Think we have a realistic chance of making the playoffs.

Best three? Cardiff & Boro with whoever wins the play-offs - could be you, could be us.

Worst three? Sunderland, Millwall and Ipswich. Resources will count.

Have a good season( but not as good as ours....)
Tweet Topic

QBBC2 replying to Cjay
19:36, Wednesday 13 September 2017
Cjay
1) From what i saw and listened to you played really well, Boga was a constant threat and but for some wonderful defending it would have been 1-1 at one point and the game could then have gone differently. What was your opinion on the game? From what I saw we were a threat without playing as a team, which bodes well.

2) Harry Redknapp divides opinion, some are huge fans and have said he is the best English manager after Brian Clough to not get the England job, others think he is a pretty average manager who hasnt really achieved much and if it wasnt for his high media profile nobody would rate him, whats your thoughts on him as a manager overall? Average manager, above average personality and, as the media drives football and thrives on personality he's lauded, which has raised our profile and allowed us to get in players we perhaps wouldn't have attracted otherwise.

3) Whats your opinion on Harry as YOUR manager? See above.

4) Fair to say you have had a poor start, but do you see it as a poor start because you simply arent good enough or is it a poor start based on bedding in period? Both. We weren't good enough so we bought in an almost entire new squad which will take time to settle.

5) You sacked Gary Rowett ( wont go into the whys and stuff as i am not informed enough to) but he went with you in a decent position and Gianfranco Zola came in and you dropped like a stone, he went and Arry came in and you survived by the skin of your teeth, in hindsight was getting rid of Gary a mistake? No. Getting rid of Rowett wasn't a mistake. Replacing him with Zola was the mistake.

6) Gianfranco Zola, was he as bad a manager as the results seemed or was he just not given enough time? Less to do with time and more to do with players not buying in to the Zola footballing philosophy. Whether that's because they couldn't or wouldn't is a matter for some speculation. Couldn't because it was rubbish or wouldn't because of the way his predecessor was dumped?

7) You have a relatively new owners, whats your thoughts on them? No idea. They live in the shadows. They've shown some ambition this last transfer window though, so no-one's asking too many awkward questions.

8) Jota, your record signing and a man that has attracted a lot of attention over the last 12months, Middlesbrough, then Fulham, then out of the blue (har har ) he was yours, just how excited were you to get him and could he be your Anthony Knockaert and inspire you to promotion? Looks the bizz. If he stays fit he'll be a huge asset, either in terms of league position or sell on fee.

9) This is just my opinion, i thought Boga was your biggest threat last night, how impressive has he been? Like him a lot and reckon he'll get better and better.

10) As well as the aforementioned Jota and Boga Harry has snapped up some impressive players, Marc Roberts, Harlee Dean, Sam Gallagher and David Stockdale to name some, first impressions of your new signings? All quality, which makes a refreshing change from shopping in the bargain basement.

11) Do you have faith that you will turn this around and come next year you will be in the promotion mix? The ingredients are there, of that I'm fairly certain but it's a long old season. Finishing anywhere above tenth will lay a few ghosts to rest and shut a few fans up (hopefully). Too early to tell whether we're top six contenders.

12) Who do you see as the top 3 this season and who do you see being the bottom 3? Honest answer? Couldn't give a f*ck.
Tweet Topic

Jameron Cerome replying to Cjay
20:07, Wednesday 13 September 2017
1) we lost 2-0 but played a lot better football than we have done in recent games, so that is the plus.

2) dodgey as feck but knows his shit

3) love our 'arry. best manager we could have asked for, absolute coup at this level.

4) poor start because 'arry saw the team for what it is and didn't sugar coat shit. He told the team they were bollocks and not worthy of the badge. (paraphrased)

5) yes

6) the record speaks for itself

7) strange situation, 1 guy who seems to absolutely love the club and posts stuff on twitter, think his names ren dong or something

8) hamstrings gone, who knows how long he's gone for

9) not seen enough of him

10) they better gel soon because the wages they're on doesn't add up to the performances (except vs leeds) that we have seen

11) to be a blues fan you can NOT be optimistic, you must expect and embrace failure, the good times are made that much better by doing so

12) too early in the season
Tweet Topic

TQ Blue replying to Cjay
20:28, Wednesday 13 September 2017
My views, not trying to speak for others -

1) From a Blues perspective - we have lacked cohesion because of so many changes in the squad. Those changes needed to happen, but they happened late. The Leeds game was pretty much the first time we were able to keep possession for any decent amount of time and pose any kind of threat. I'm not sure if we need to play with two up top to offer a decent threat of scoring, but for now it's a huge step in the right direction compared to last Saturday. We got better in the second half - a few more hours and we could have scored ;-) To be honest, if we had played anything like we have recently I would have expected to get punished because clearly your lot have got it together despite losing Wood. The new man has filled his boots immediately.

2) I don't consider him to be a technically gifted tactical manager, but considering where we were at I was delighted that we got him at that point. He is the opposite of Zola - he has experience of gaining promotion and tons of experience at this level and the one above, which is what we needed after trying a rookie.

3) My jury was still out on him and his assistants the last ten days before the transfer window closed. During those ten days he won my trust with the players that were brought in. My jury is still out on his ability to achieve the primary goal - to get us promoted, but the signs are starting to be encouraging.

4) Bedding in, injuries, problems getting players in has left us behind teams who are settled. This team is good enough on paper to challenge.

5) No, in hindsight it wasn't a mistake. That's history now and the owners have redeemed themselves in my eyes.

6) Yes, it didn't work out for him here and wouldn't have, however long he was given. Nice bloke though, no hard feelings.

7) They're the best owners in the world, I have the utmost respect for them and hope that they stay forever to enjoy the success we're set to have. Once they get us up, I hope they finish the stadium and make it a cauldron of noise and manage to get us back to being a permanent premier league club.

8) Unbelievably excited, it was a fantastic day on deadline day that I'll never forget. It's exactly what you expect with Harry in charge.

9) I think he has the potential to become a key player and an icon to the fans, but he hasn't really had the chance to show us what he's got yet. In fairness, I thought Jota caused you more problems. Boga needs to improve on his end product, but he certainly has the ability to cause panic in the opposition every time he has the ball, he's quick, strong, tricky - just what I would want. He made a lovely run at the end of the first half to the byline and along it, but his shot was poor. I was delighted when we managed to get him on loan, I think he's going to be giving Conte a selection dilemma next season.

10) Some have shone and some haven't yet, but it's early days and there's been a general lack of cohesion in the squad. I thought Dean was excellent last night (not everyone agrees on this one) and I like Stockdale a lot. I want to see end product from Gallagher and Roberts needs to show a lot more, he has struggled to settle and has looked uncomfortable and prone to costly errors. But I believe he's a good player who just needs to settle in.

11) Anything can happen from here but I definitely think that if it comes together and we get the cohesion in the squad then we can be challenging, but we need to start winning and keep winning in order for this squad to function properly and build belief in themselves.

12) Too early to call, but I think Boro will be in the mix and I think that Brentford losing some key players will make it hard for them.
Tweet Topic

Cjay replying to Kym
13:36, Thursday 14 September 2017
Kym
Cjay

They certainly do love Arry, he is old school they love all that

Perhaps he didnt play football the way they wanted?Zola was a fantastic player perhaps they thought he would turn you into the Chelsea team he played for.

Everyone says that, lovely guy but poor manager

Didnt know you had them till i googled to be fair

Thanks for the effort :D
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »