This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Birmingham City stalwart Paul Robinson felt 'disrespected' by Under 23s exile

Birmingham Mail
09:35, Saturday 7 October 2017
BCFC veteran happy to be back with first team squad

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Re: Birmingham City stalwart Paul Robinson felt 'disrespected' by Under 23s exile

B.A - Jota is sex replying to Birmingham Mail
09:36, Saturday 7 October 2017
Didn’t feel as bad as I did when they renewed your playing contract
Even Gabby, the premier league's first disabled footballer, doesn't want to play for you any more.
Tweet Topic

Re: Birmingham City stalwart Paul Robinson felt 'disrespected' by Under 23s exile

Scoobers replying to B.A - Jota is sex
09:55, Saturday 7 October 2017
I get what he's saying to a certain extent yet the article comes across as very me me me.

You're right though IMO especially after our Saga representative said:

"For him to phone me (at the end of the season) and say that he wanted me to stay says a lot, for someone to go out of their way to do that. Especially in the downtime when you’re chilling with your family. So I’m forever grateful for that and I had an opportunity in the earlier part of my career to work with Harry but unfortunately that didn’t come about. It was when he was Portsmouth manager and I was at West Brom. He had quite a big interest in me but a move never came about. So it’s nice now to finally get the chance to work with him throughout the season, take a lot on on board and look to see how he works in person and how I can then improve and take that into what I want to do in the future."

at the time he signed his new contract.

[www.bcfc.com]
Tweet Topic

adamneaves replying to Birmingham Mail
09:55, Saturday 7 October 2017
He shouldn't be near the team though
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to Scoobers
10:07, Saturday 7 October 2017
He is very me, me, me.

I get and agree with it when people say he has a lot of passion and has had a cracking career for himself, but he isn't half a Prima Donna.

We were told when he signed his last two contracts that his playing time would be limited but that he would be developing his coaching with the U23 squad...and now he is moaning that he's working with the U23 squad.
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to Spike
10:11, Saturday 7 October 2017
Robinson yet again turning on and slagging off a former manager really calls into question Richard Beale's fulsome praise for his professionalism.

As someone said on another thread, he just seems to be trying to worm his way into the new manager's good books so he can get back into the first team.
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to Spike
10:55, Saturday 7 October 2017
His own book is called Unsung Hero

*Vomits*
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

B.A - Jota is sex replying to Le Mod
11:00, Saturday 7 October 2017
Horrendous isn’t it

I can’t have him after DJ.

The way he berates people after his mistakes makes me enraged.

Can’t wait for him to feck off
Even Gabby, the premier league's first disabled footballer, doesn't want to play for you any more.
Tweet Topic

Ron Saunders replying to B.A - Jota is sex
11:15, Saturday 7 October 2017
What a strang message board this is?!? Robinson whatever his past misdemeanours has been a fantastic servant to us never giving anything other than his all when we have had some jokers wearing our shirt not giving a shit so long as they get their wage.

True his playing days at this level should be over but to banish him to under 23’s is disrespectful and I totally get his grievance. He appears to care for our club as much as we do and to me that’s someone we look after
Tweet Topic

Shirley Blue replying to Ron Saunders
11:16, Saturday 7 October 2017
Hi Paul.
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to Ron Saunders
11:20, Saturday 7 October 2017

True his playing days at this level should be over but to banish him to under 23’s is disrespectful

You clearly haven't thought this through, have you?

You readily accept that he shouldn't be anywhere near a place in the first team, yet you advocate allowing him to occupy a place in the first team squad merely to avoid disrespecting him?

As for caring about the Club, he's kissed badges at every club he's played for.
Tweet Topic

B.A - Jota is sex replying to Ron Saunders
11:31, Saturday 7 October 2017
He’s been “banished” there because he’s not close the first team in terms of playing and it was agreed he would be coaching them and the other youth sides.
Tweet Topic

The Birmingham Glacier Shift replying to Ron Saunders
12:21, Saturday 7 October 2017
Thing is, I know this will go against the Robbo bashing, none of us actually know if Harry told him he'd be part of the first team squad.

If he's told him he wants him around and on the bench and then banishes him to the u23s then it's quite fair to feel a bit disrespected given his age and experience.

This will be an unpopular opinion I realise.
Only at Blues.
Tweet Topic

Tarquin replying to The Birmingham Glacier Shift
12:51, Saturday 7 October 2017
My observation is that he kisses the arse publicly of every manager when they are in charge and then hsticks a knife in the back when they are gone
I saw the rain dirty valley, you saw Brigadoon. I sighed...you swooned.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to The Birmingham Glacier Shift
13:08, Saturday 7 October 2017
It was stated quite clearly when Robinson signed this contract - and the one before, that his role was seen as not playing much but developing his coaching and working with Beale in the U23 setup.

Robinson himself spoke about how he was looking forward to developing his coaching.

It's quite clear really, only one person is showing disrespect. Now he is moaning about being in and working with the U23 squad.

He doesn't love the club, he loves getting paid for another 12 months at a time...I don't blame him for that at all, but that's the fact of it. All the badge kissing stuff is exactly what he has done at his other clubs. Anybody who think we are special to him is a bit on the wrong side.

As Tarquin says, Robinson's MO is depressingly predictable. New manager comes in - Robbo kisses his tip. Manager leaves - Robbo knifes him. He even stuck the boot in Clark who rescued him from retirement and played him practically every week.

Again, has had a good career, has been a good player in his time, has done well for Blues at times. But is a nause.
Tweet Topic

DES replying to Spike
13:56, Saturday 7 October 2017
I think rob o should have said nowt, he is supposed to be working with u 23's isn't he?
Kro
Tweet Topic

Bears replying to Birmingham Mail
14:03, Saturday 7 October 2017
Well said, top man.
No future.....
Tweet Topic

LondonBlue replying to Spike
14:06, Saturday 7 October 2017
Who gave him his new 1 year deal back in the summer?

It couldn't have been Redknapp or why would he then be told to play and train in the u23s?

There's something rotten about the place. Robbo constantly getting new deals, the likes of Morrison, Maghoma and Gardner getting playing time over others etc.

Shambles really.
Tweet Topic

Russell Leond replying to Birmingham Mail
14:19, Saturday 7 October 2017
Surely there's a difference between training U23s and training WITH U23s though. Being told to train WITH them is what he felt disrespected by. We'd all advocate it as "punishment" if he'd said he wanted out. Like him or loath him, if it happened, you have to agree.
Tweet Topic

Uncle Tom Cobley replying to Russell Leond
16:12, Saturday 7 October 2017
He needed to feck off 2 years ago.. he's part of the problem, he's divisive and agressive and he's a gossip.: I would absolutely hate to be in a dressing room with him if I was another player
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to Ron Saunders
18:41, Saturday 7 October 2017
He appears to care for our club as much as we do and to me that’s someone we look after

We pay his wages. Once he's gone he won't give a shit and will be a Watford fan again.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Jim
00:29, Sunday 8 October 2017
Jim

True his playing days at this level should be over but to banish him to under 23’s is disrespectful

You clearly haven't thought this through, have you?

You readily accept that he shouldn't be anywhere near a place in the first team, yet you advocate allowing him to occupy a place in the first team squad merely to avoid disrespecting him?

As for caring about the Club, he's kissed badges at every club he's played for.

Yeh but he's made 3rd base with ours.
Tweet Topic

Fat Buddha replying to Birmingham Mail
00:32, Sunday 8 October 2017
Er, 'scuse ma and all that but wasn't Beale going on about what a great pro he is and is an inspiration to the young 'uns, or did i feckING DREAM IT?
Tweet Topic

generalBlue replying to Spike
08:15, Sunday 8 October 2017
:D:D
Let it go, it really isn't a serious issue.
Is Rab guilty of being a....."whey faced poltroon" ? :-)))))
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to generalBlue
14:43, Sunday 8 October 2017
Spike. Normally the calmest, most common sense talking and football savvy poster on SHA.
Mention a certain Blues player though (Captain, leader, legend) and he's all snarling Rottweiler :D
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to Bluesince62
16:00, Sunday 8 October 2017
It's an interesting notion that the 'club captain' repeatedly slagging off the Club's recently sacked managers 'isn't a serious issue'.
Tweet Topic

willy's bell replying to Tarquin
21:28, Sunday 8 October 2017
Tarquin
My observation is that he kisses the arse publicly of every manager when they are in charge and then hsticks a knife in the back when they are gone

Like most SHAers then tbf
Tweet Topic

Deckchair replying to Spike
22:57, Sunday 8 October 2017
Spike
He is very me, me, me.

I get and agree with it when people say he has a lot of passion and has had a cracking career for himself, but he isn't half a Prima Donna.

We were told when he signed his last two contracts that his playing time would be limited but that he would be developing his coaching with the U23 squad...and now he is moaning that he's working with the U23 squad.

Nailed it.

He's been a good servant to Blues but his Blues (and football) career should have ended after the 4-2 defeat away to Bournemouth three seasons ago.
Tweet Topic

B.A - Jota is sex replying to willy's bell
08:28, Monday 9 October 2017
We aren't employed by the club to be professional are we?

feck Robinson. Vile little man.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Jim
09:30, Monday 9 October 2017
Jim
It's an interesting notion that the 'club captain' repeatedly slagging off the Club's recently sacked managers 'isn't a serious issue'.

TBH, I don't read what he says, because you pretty much know what he'll be saying. Doesn't worry me one bit - let the club judge if it's serious or not.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »