This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

brighton v everton

A_n_E
15:47, Thursday 12 October 2017
dont know how true this is but the game has been switched to a sunday 1.30pm kick off so that the game can be televised in india. the game isnt on in the UK.

does this happen normally or is this a relative first? i think it's another nail in the coffin of football in this country
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
Tweet Topic

Re: brighton v everton

Dududugarry replying to A_n_E
15:52, Thursday 12 October 2017
Didn't we have a kick off changed to a weird time for Norwegian tv a few years ago?

Edit - Before we got to the prem
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to A_n_E
15:52, Thursday 12 October 2017
Premier League take the cash for overseas games so I'm not surprised. If fans don't like it they could tell the clubs...and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference.

Same as Liverpool moaning about Xmas Eve in London - the clubs sign the contracts, what does anyone expect.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Tweet Topic

Bluewurst replying to A_n_E
15:55, Thursday 12 October 2017
I’m sure the Everton fans will swap the kick off time and send all the players they have signed back to their previous clubs
@Bluewurst1875
Tweet Topic

A_n_E replying to number8
15:57, Thursday 12 October 2017
number8
Same as Liverpool moaning about Xmas Eve in London - the clubs sign the contracts, what does anyone expect.

but isnt that game on UK tv?
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to A_n_E
16:00, Thursday 12 October 2017
Yes, but I don't see the difference really - its a game being moved for tv that people are moaning about. The fact its not on here doesn't really come into it (and if its the argument that people can't watch it, I'm sure the Everton game will be on some dodgy or even good quality stream somewhere in a pub in Liverpool...).

Everton will get a lot of Sunday games anyway because of the Europa league.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Tweet Topic

A_n_E replying to number8
19:59, Thursday 12 October 2017
i guess people see it as another step down the line and i guess it will happen more and more often.
Tweet Topic
  • Handmade Turned Items
    Looking for a unique gift? Browse our website for handmade turned items.
  • Advertisement
  • Advertise your Small Business
    By becoming a SHA sponsor you can advertise your small business to thousands of Brummies for just pennies a day.
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »