This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Time to back Cotterill

BCFC Followers
19:50, Saturday 11 November 2017
It seems there was a worrying disconnect between the Blues team and fans at Barnsley last Saturday. From what I saw on Davo's Diary, players received the 'You're not fit to wear the shirt' treatment, which I don't recall our fans singing since Fulham away in 2008. I don't agree with our fans s

[bcfcfollowers.com]
Tweet Topic

Re: Time to back Cotterill

Tank replying to BCFC Followers
19:56, Saturday 11 November 2017
With our magnificent away following
And our magnificent vocal home support
We should get through this together
Eh
Huh
Rub a dub dub
Woof bark donkey
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to BCFC Followers
20:03, Saturday 11 November 2017
Littered with contradictions.
Dire
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to BCFC Followers
20:19, Saturday 11 November 2017
Our away fans, and I'm not one of them, are fu3king awesome. Perfectly entitled to say their piece.
Tweet Topic

Block D replying to Rab C Nesbitt
20:22, Saturday 11 November 2017
One of the better ones if I'm being honest.
Tweet Topic

dougarry replying to BCFC Followers
20:42, Saturday 11 November 2017
I dont get why so many fans backed Zola for so long yet already seem to have turned on Cotterill.
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Block D
20:45, Saturday 11 November 2017
Block D
One of the better ones if I'm being honest.
shit that doesn't smell as much as other shit, is still shit.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

carrsrighthand replying to Rab C Nesbitt
21:05, Saturday 11 November 2017
:Dthumbs up
Tweet Topic

U-R replying to BCFC Followers
21:24, Saturday 11 November 2017
Best ever BCFC Followers article.
Tweet Topic

U-R replying to dougarry
21:25, Saturday 11 November 2017
dougarry
I dont get why so many fans backed Zola for so long yet already seem to have turned on Cotterill.

Because they're racist.
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to dougarry
21:32, Saturday 11 November 2017
dougarry

This. Recognition of past mistakes perhaps ?

....or just a massive contradiction?

Zola tried getting us playing like Barca. At least Cotts isnt trying to do anything over the top.
Tweet Topic

spionkop replying to StechyBlue
21:50, Saturday 11 November 2017
Taking the flack,after only five matches, for the frustration that has built up after more than five years of utter bloody chaos.
Tweet Topic

Dr Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist replying to spionkop
21:54, Saturday 11 November 2017
stinger
Taking the flack,after only five matches, for the frustration that has built up after more than five years of utter bloody chaos.

I think that's exactly it, coupled with the fact that he really wasn't the choice of that many fans, regardless of polls.
You know what? I think I'd quite like to sit near Miguel.
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to StechyBlue
21:57, Saturday 11 November 2017
StechyBlue
dougarry

This. Recognition of past mistakes perhaps ?

....or just a massive contradiction?

Zola tried getting us playing like Barca. At least Cotts isnt trying to do anything over the top.

I think it's because Rowett was doing pretty well in the circumstances, and then when the ownership thing was finally settled, we expected to see what he could do with a few quid to spend. As it happens we did, but not at Blues.
Then the Zola fiasco. It was allowed to run & run, and if it wasn't for the good start to the season, we'd have been fu3ked.
So I get with Harry, this wasn't to be allowed again. Won 1, draw 1, lost 6. Play offs were gone. After 8 fu3king games.
So it might be that. I've changed my mind. Give Cotteril more time. The season now, is not get relagated. No changes, including January. See where we are at the end of a fu3k up of a season. If we're still in the sh1t with 10 games to go, or more if really in the sh1t. Make a managerial change.
Tweet Topic

b.casual replying to Tony Hancock
23:36, Saturday 11 November 2017
Zola got a pass because not only was he a genius footballer with an illustrious playing career but he actually had a philosophy that he believed in. Yeah, he might not have been cut out for management and naively attempted to implement too much, too soon but it was all done for the right reasons.

Cotterill, despite his generous ego, just represents another in a long line of uninspiring British coaches that serve up the same old tired, percentage based football we've become so accustomed to at Blues. It's boring and it's shit.

I can't speak for every supporter but perhaps they, like me are desperate to see a progressive manager build an entertaining blues side in their lifetime, instead of the usual kick and rush dross that is inflicted upon us every week.
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to b.casual
00:07, Sunday 12 November 2017
b.casual
Zola got a pass because not only was he a genius footballer with an illustrious playing career but he actually had a philosophy that he believed in. Yeah, he might not have been cut out for management and naively attempted to implement too much, too soon but it was all done for the right reasons.

Cotterill, despite his generous ego, just represents another in a long line of uninspiring British coaches that serve up the same old tired, percentage based football we've become so accustomed to at Blues. It's boring and it's shit.

I can't speak for every supporter but perhaps they, like me are desperate to see a progressive manager build an entertaining blues side in their lifetime, instead of the usual kick and rush dross that is inflicted upon us every week.

Pep would struggle with this lot.

You can glitter a shit...but...
Tweet Topic

coventrybluenose replying to BCFC Followers
07:56, Sunday 12 November 2017
I honestly don’t think it will make any difference either way
Blue since 67 - Will be there at the end of the road, whenever that may be!
Tweet Topic

SOBLUE replying to b.casual
13:08, Sunday 12 November 2017
b.casual

You're largely right but if we sack Cotterill too soon, who would want to come to a club that has sacked so many managers in such a short period of time? Only 2nd rate managers IMO.

I think we need to back Cotterill (reluctantly) to give us much needed stability and to enable him and the players to build some momentum and steer us clear of trouble. Then review at the end of this season/early next season.
Tweet Topic

Bears replying to U-R
13:24, Sunday 12 November 2017
U-ge Club
Best ever BCFC Followers article.

I left after the first sentence.
No future.....
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »