This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Re: Rhod Gilbert

LH_4 replying to TQ Blue
16:30, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Haha I'm the same to be fair. I'd recognise a quote from The Office (UK obvs) the second somebody mentioned it and most of my close pals seem to really like The Office too, share that same sense of humour.

I do also feel the same about Bottom, particularly when the Cheltenham Gold Cup comes around every year and jokes about Sad Ken start going viral :D
Tweet Topic

TQ Blue replying to LH_4
18:13, Tuesday 14 November 2017
I couldn't quite get the office, whereas Extras totally blew me away. I find some people can't bear the uncomfortable humour used in Extras where people say or do the worst possible thing in social situations, but I found it hilarious.
Tweet Topic

Akita replying to TQ Blue
18:20, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Gasman is one of funniest things ive ever seen, the frying pan scene is eye watering piss yourself funny.
Tweet Topic

carlrichards replying to DES
18:51, Tuesday 14 November 2017
DES
Rhod is one of few modern comics i like, along with Kevin bridges. Dont like the posh boys Mcintyre, Jimmy Car, Whitehall etc.

KRO

Kevin Bridges for me as well. Always quite liked Sean Lock as well, and Doug Stanhope. Struggling to think of others.
Tweet Topic

LH_4 replying to TQ Blue
19:31, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Haven't seen much of Extras, but have seen parts of the Daniel Radcliffe episode and it did look pretty good, just never got round to watching it properly
Tweet Topic

TQ Blue replying to LH_4
21:05, Tuesday 14 November 2017
LH_4
Haven't seen much of Extras, but have seen parts of the Daniel Radcliffe episode and it did look pretty good, just never got round to watching it properly

That is one of my favourite episodes, but the Bowie one is even better. I find that it's like marmite - so if you liked it even a bit, get the two series and the short film, you'll love them.

Akita
Gasman is one of funniest things ive ever seen, the frying pan scene is eye watering piss yourself funny.

Likewise for me. I think I know all of the words! That and 'smells' were the first ones I saw and it took me a while to watch any of the others because I just kept watching those two. I find that the 'for fun?' statement by Eddie when Richie asked him why he kept hitting the gasman with the frying pan is particularly useful when the missus asks me why I did something I shouldn't have - she loves the series more than I do.
Tweet Topic

LH_4 replying to TQ Blue
21:38, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Sound, I'll give Extras a go then thumbs up

Would be hard to pick a favourite Bottom moment. The bit where Rik threatens the imaginary boy in the shop for shoplifting is pretty good, but I don't think anything beats the episode where Eddie hides the TV so they try to find other ways to entertain themselves, like the game of 'Put the piece of cello-tape on the fridge'.. The game of chess is a particular highlight too.
Tweet Topic

Pearly Dewdrops replying to LH_4
22:18, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Bottom, my arse.

Not funny I know, but that’s the point.
Tweet Topic

newblue replying to LH_4
22:47, Tuesday 14 November 2017
I was lucky enough to see the first comic strip tour which was compared by Alexei Sayle, with act by French and Saunders, the dangerous brothers (mostly each other with increasingly large implements) and Nigel Planer/Peter Richardson. It was in an old cinema!
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »