This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

A-ha on BBC Children in Need.

scouty
18:11, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Morten had the voice of an angel in a song that was hitherto unknown to be about uncertainty and doubt. Who knew? I welled. I don't care who knows it.
Tweet Topic

Re: A-ha on BBC Children in Need.

scouty replying to scouty
18:12, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Tweet Topic

TheBlueNation replying to scouty
18:13, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Blimey. There was a thread about him earlier. Who'd have thought it.
Tweet Topic

QBBC2 replying to scouty
19:32, Tuesday 14 November 2017
I remember a few years ago I was listening to Radio2 at work, the Ken Bruce show, where they had a mid-morning mini concert by an 80s or 90s pop act and this particular morning it was A-HA. Obviously they had to do their rendition of their biggest hit, Take On Me and I said to a colleague that it would be a hell of a thing to have to sing at half past ten in the morning. Sure enough Morton struggled and strangled the notes and it sounded quite horrific*. I really felt sorry for him.

A while later they had another one with Jammyracket (dunno how to spell it tbh) and Jay Kay was absolutely note perfect on every single song, almost like hearing the record. The bloke's a fanny but he can bloody well sing!

*This is the very reason Bob Plant didn't want to revisit the Zeppelin back catalogue live.
Tweet Topic

Southside Blue replying to QBBC2
21:25, Tuesday 14 November 2017
The Bats mate , Lee Gallagher was on last week ... bloody awful
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
Tweet Topic

Hank Marvin replying to scouty
23:37, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Listen to Take On Me by RobbieFellows #np on #SoundCloud
[soundcloud.com]
Tweet Topic

grandadandthekids replying to Southside Blue
23:42, Tuesday 14 November 2017
Paloma Faith currently on. Strangled cat at times.
Oh dear!
"People are so complex you should know by now"
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »