This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Fulham Car and Tube

mr-bubble
22:09, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Anyone got any idea where i can park on the outskirts of London for a reasonable price,
and jump onto the tube that would take me to Putney Bridge.

I'm taking my old chap (he's 78) for a day out and don't want to be hanging around Euston,
New St stations for any length of time waiting for trains.
hence the reason for driving down.

PS this will be the 1st time Dad has watched a Blues v Fulham match since hrrrrr ummmm Since that night :(
Tweet Topic

Re: Fulham Car and Tube

Southside Blue replying to mr-bubble
22:41, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Straight down the M40 to its end and park at Hillingdon station . Leave car all day for £2.30 ( maybe £1.70 .. can't remember , ''twas a fortnight ago ) . Jump on Tube , use your contactless bank card and travel into central London for a maximum of £12 , using as many tubes as you want all day . Takes an hour into central London .
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
Tweet Topic

Che Penguin replying to mr-bubble
22:44, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Easiest would be M40 then A40 to Hanger Lane and find free parking round there. Im sure there would be some.

Then central line a few stops to notting hill gate, change to district down to putney bridge. Tube bit should take 45 mins
Power to the People
Death to The Clique
Tweet Topic

DES replying to Che Penguin
23:04, Tuesday 5 December 2017
Good on ya taking yr Dad, just don’t mention john Mitchell!
Kro
Tweet Topic

The cat next door replying to mr-bubble
10:32, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Park at Stanmore, it's at the end of the Jubilee line and about a mile from junc 3 of the M1. Big car park should be plenty of room, if not the locals alongside the car park entrance hire out their drives for £10 all day.
Tweet Topic

Micky Darrell replying to mr-bubble
12:13, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Hi Mr B.

I live in London me, so you’ve struck lucky with this question.

Coming down to ‘old Smokey’ can seem a bit daunting, but honestly, if you follow my instructions you should be okay.

First of all you will need to drive to London. If you’re not a member of a reputable motoring organisation it will probably be best to avoid the motorway; breakdowns can turn out to be expensive. Make all the usual checks, oil, fuel, water, tyre pressures etc. Also, remember to have an up-to-date road atlas with you.

When you arrive in London you will need to find an underground railway station. There are plenty of these scattered about but if you don’t see one you can always ask a friendly local where the nearest one is. From there it’s easy. Park in front of the station and get on a train and go to Fulham.

I think that’s it really. It’s going to be cold so you won’t want to expose the old chap longer than necessary.
Tweet Topic

wessex - mr rowett's happiest clapper replying to Micky Darrell
12:15, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Micky Darrell
Hi Mr B.

I live in London me, so you’ve struck lucky with this question.

Coming down to ‘old Smokey’ can seem a bit daunting, but honestly, if you follow my instructions you should be okay.

First of all you will need to drive to London. If you’re not a member of a reputable motoring organisation it will probably be best to avoid the motorway; breakdowns can turn out to be expensive. Make all the usual checks, oil, fuel, water, tyre pressures etc. Also, remember to have an up-to-date road atlas with you.

When you arrive in London you will need to find an underground railway station. There are plenty of these scattered about but if you don’t see one you can always ask a friendly local where the nearest one is. From there it’s easy. Park in front of the station and get on a train and go to Fulham.

I think that’s it really. It’s going to be cold so you won’t want to expose the old chap longer than necessary.

my dad said london's full of cvnts, wise my old man..
Tweet Topic

Miguel replying to mr-bubble
12:18, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Agar Grove, Camden. Residents' parking is free to all at weekends. 10-15 minutes walk from Camden station depending on which end of the Grove you manage to find a space.

If you're lucky, the Agar estate's gangs may not steal or set light to it so you'll get home ok too.

2 hours from Brum.
Tweet Topic

Bluewurst replying to Micky Darrell
12:29, Wednesday 6 December 2017
“Find a friendly local”

It was going so well until then ;)
@Bluewurst1875
Tweet Topic

Peakyblue replying to Southside Blue
12:31, Wednesday 6 December 2017
This is usually good. Or Uxbridge.
Tweet Topic

e17blue replying to Peakyblue
12:36, Wednesday 6 December 2017
London is full of cvnts and you can't understand a work they say.
The women are bright orange and have Groucho Marx eyebrows.
Tweet Topic

Beaconsfield replying to Peakyblue
12:47, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Bubble,

Get the M40 down to Uxbridge, get off at J1 M40 /A40 head down the Oxford road into Uxbridge (2 mins) there is a pub on the left called the Swan & Bottle, park in there and walk up the High Street to the tube station (few mins) take the Piccadilly Line through to Earls Court (40 mins) and take the District to Putney Bridge. Alternatively get off at Hammersmith and catch a bus or cab up Fulham Palace Road which will take you closer to the ground, loads of pubs for a pint & grub in Hammersmith.

KRO
Tweet Topic

Peakyblue replying to e17blue
12:52, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Maybe so but Fulham is a good day out for brummies. I hope the daft drunken f*cker who decided to jump in the Thames for a swim after the game last year does so again this time round. Think he was celebrating our 0-1. Would like to see both again.
Tweet Topic

DES replying to Beaconsfield
13:59, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Good local knowledge mate!
Kro
First video shop I ever saw was in Uxbridge or was it yiewsley high st, must have been 82?
I used to drive a night trunk from brum to Heathrow pre M25 days!
Kro
Tweet Topic

Micky Darrell replying to DES
15:31, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Heathrow is where London airport is.

Sorry Des, just thought I'd explain to the rest of the forum. Carry on.
Tweet Topic

Beaconsfield replying to DES
16:41, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Wasn't the mucky one in Windsor Street was it Des :)

KRO
Tweet Topic

mr-bubble replying to Micky Darrell
16:59, Wednesday 6 December 2017
cheers everyone looks like Uxbridge it is then.
Tweet Topic

B13blues replying to Micky Darrell
17:23, Wednesday 6 December 2017
“It’s going to be cold so you won’t want to expose the old chap longer than necessary “ 8-)
Tweet Topic

mr-bubble replying to B13blues
17:37, Wednesday 6 December 2017
B13blues
“It’s going to be cold so you won’t want to expose the old chap longer than necessary “ 8-)

Too bloody right mate, might even be an early leaver. So don't moan at me as we're walking out the ground
Tho the way results have been going a few hundred could be leaving at the same time
Tweet Topic

tiltontrev replying to Southside Blue
18:25, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Southside Blue
Straight down the M40 to its end and park at Hillingdon station . Leave car all day for £2.30 ( maybe £1.70 .. can't remember , ''twas a fortnight ago ) . Jump on Tube , use your contactless bank card and travel into central London for a maximum of £12 , using as many tubes as you want all day . Takes an hour into central London .

Done this route a few times, Wembley being one, huge carpark, dirt cheap, and best of all....a pub on the station!!!
Tweet Topic

Blue are ya? replying to mr-bubble
18:33, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Straight down the M40, M25, M4 then A4.
Head for Hammersmith and park in the Kings Mall shopping centre, Two minute walk from there to Hammersmith Tube station. 15 minutes on the District line to Putney Bridge
Tweet Topic

swadlincote blue replying to Blue are ya?
20:45, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Im driving it myself and have paid for a Parking Space on Just Park for less than £15 less than a mile from the ground...
Tweet Topic

mr-bubble replying to DES
22:30, Wednesday 6 December 2017
DES
Good on ya taking yr Dad, just don’t mention john Mitchell!
Kro
. Dad is fully aware that John Mitchell is a fanny
Tweet Topic

DES replying to mr-bubble
22:42, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Mitchell owned a bar abroad I recall someone saying!
Here’s fact I think I read somewhere, Fulham’s sub v West Ham in 75 was also Sunderland’s sub v LEEDS in 73!
Must check that out
Tweet Topic
  • Handmade Turned Items
    Looking for a unique gift? Browse our website for handmade turned items.
  • Advertisement
  • Advertise your Small Business
    By becoming a SHA sponsor you can advertise your small business to thousands of Brummies for just pennies a day.
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »