This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Nigel Adkins

bluer than blues
17:34, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Is going to Hull. Whatever the situation with their owners, they were in the premiership last season and are big name in the championship this season. Yet this is the best they could do. This is the best that is out there. So I ask those who want SC sacked, who could we realistically get as a replacement??
Tweet Topic

Re: Nigel Adkins

Blue Flamingo replying to bluer than blues
17:38, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Tony Pullis
Martin O'Neil
Tweet Topic

Sir Heisenberg replying to Blue Flamingo
17:44, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Blue Flamingo
Tony Pullis
Martin O'Neil
He said "realistically".
Tweet Topic

Squatnose replying to bluer than blues
17:53, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Alex McLeish would come back and make us tediously effective. But our fans won't accept him because of what happened in 2011. Remember Harry Redknapp left Pompey for Southampton before returning, so it's not without precedent.
Tweet Topic

jefflynneshair replying to bluer than blues
18:20, Wednesday 6 December 2017
In fairness he’s probably got more on his cv than Cotterill, Carsley, Zola, Rowett and Clark.
@stevanderman
Tweet Topic

mattt replying to Sir Heisenberg
18:29, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Sir Heisenberg
Blue Flamingo
Tony Pullis
Martin O'Neil
He said "realistically".

I wouldn't say either of those is DEFINITELY out of reach. Money, ego and opportunity talks sometimes.

I'd throw in Heckingbottom, Keane, Karanka, Giggs, Pearson (I know he has a club), Dean Smith, Michael O'Neill (being linked with lot of jobs, probably on little money), Alex Neil, Sergio Garcia, Potter (long shot but not impossible imo - maybe more likely in the summer).

Don't love all the names here if I'm honest, but I'd take all of them over Cotterill.
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Squatnose
18:31, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Assuming he had the same team behind him I'd drive him here.
Tweet Topic

Southside Blue replying to mattt
18:44, Wednesday 6 December 2017
mattt
Sir Heisenberg
Blue Flamingo
Tony Pullis
Martin O'Neil
He said "realistically".

I wouldn't say either of those is DEFINITELY out of reach. Money, ego and opportunity talks sometimes.

I'd throw in Heckingbottom, Keane, Karanka, Giggs, Pearson (I know he has a club), Dean Smith, Michael O'Neill (being linked with lot of jobs, probably on little money), Alex Neil, Sergio Garcia, Potter (long shot but not impossible imo - maybe more likely in the summer).

Don't love all the names here if I'm honest, but I'd take all of them over Cotterill.
why does ANYONE mention Ryan Giggs as a possible manager for ANY managerial post ? He has zero experience and seemingly is only interested in a top top job
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
Tweet Topic

mattt replying to Southside Blue
18:50, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Fair point and I accept it’s not based on much but instinct but think there’s a decent manager in there.
Tweet Topic

U-R replying to bluer than blues
18:50, Wednesday 6 December 2017
bluer than blues
Is going to Hull. Whatever the situation with their owners, they were in the premiership last season and are big name in the championship this season. Yet this is the best they could do. This is the best that is out there. So I ask those who want SC sacked, who could we realistically get as a replacement??

Nigel Adkins is shite.

If he's the best they can do, we'd be screwed.
mattt
Sir Heisenberg
Blue Flamingo
Tony Pullis
Martin O'Neil
He said "realistically".

I'm sure you'd take them, but I'm afraid none of them would come to Blues the state we are in.
Tweet Topic

mattt replying to U-R
18:56, Wednesday 6 December 2017
U-R
bluer than blues

Nigel Adkins is shite.

mattt
Sir Heisenberg

Blue Flamingo
Tony Pullis
Martin O'Neil
He said "realistically".

I'm sure you'd take them, but I'm afraid none of them would come to Blues the state we are in.

Mate no way you know that.

Telling me if we offered to treble Heckingbottom’s wage he’d say no? That Keane would turn us down?

Similarly Brentford signings suggest Smith would (Vile issue aside).

They wouldn’t be definite no’s.
Tweet Topic

carrsrighthand replying to mattt
19:00, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Heckingbottom or Dean Smith are the more realistic ones. I wouldnt want any of the rest, maybe MON.
Tweet Topic

Cattell Prod replying to bluer than blues
19:12, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Cafu
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
Tweet Topic

Changing the manager

Hank Marrrrvin replying to bluer than blues
19:21, Wednesday 6 December 2017
You think we have it rough. I bet these lot are delighted.

'Hull in advanced talks with Adkins '

[www.skysports.com]
Tweet Topic

Re: Changing the manager

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Hank Marrrrvin
19:24, Wednesday 6 December 2017
I'd take him now and everyday over Scrumpy Jack Steve
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Rab C Nesbitt
19:27, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Proper basket case club.

Rab. If they appoint Adkins I’ll wager we finish above them.
Tweet Topic

U-R replying to Rab C Nesbitt
19:28, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Rab C Nesbitt

LOL.

Adkins is mental.
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Slightly Turbid
19:31, Wednesday 6 December 2017
If we keep Scrumpy for the next 6 games you're on.
Much will depend who we appoint next
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to U-R
19:33, Wednesday 6 December 2017
U-R
Rab C Nesbitt

LOL.

Adkins is mental.
I reckon he'd play Gallacher up front with Boga, Che and Jota behind and play passing football.
Yeah, mad
Tweet Topic

Scoobers replying to mattt
19:41, Wednesday 6 December 2017
There's a young manager in League 2 who seems to be pulling a club around, Kevin Nolan.
Tweet Topic

QBBC2 replying to mattt
20:46, Wednesday 6 December 2017
mattt
Fair point and I accept it’s not based on much but instinct but think there’s a decent manager in there.

Ryan Giggs? I'm willing to put money on him being an abject failure, like his mate Gary Neville. I've watched him as a pundit. He says lots of words that mean nothing and then looks surprised and happy with himself for managing to finish a sentence.
Tweet Topic

Scoobers replying to QBBC2
20:52, Wednesday 6 December 2017

I says lots of words that mean nothing and then look surprised and happy with myself for managing to finish a sentence.

Good for you QB thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Bluestaines replying to Rab C Nesbitt
20:54, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Rab C Nesbitt
U-R
Rab C Nesbitt

LOL.

Adkins is mental.
I reckon he'd play Gallacher up front with Boga, Che and Jota behind and play passing football.
Yeah, mad

Problem with picking all four of those is that would leave us exposed at the back. We are too fragile to do that. No doubt I will be abused now for being anti football just for having a different view to all those that think the answer to our problems is simply to pick all of the supposed flair players from the start.
Tweet Topic

mattt replying to QBBC2
21:00, Wednesday 6 December 2017
I wouldn’t put money on it. Who knows? Plenty of fancied managers failed and vice versa. That list above were people I’d rather were our manager now - not a wish list in better circumstance. I’d put Giggs in there, some wouldn’t.
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Bluestaines
21:05, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt
U-R
Rab C Nesbitt

LOL.

Adkins is mental.
Yeah, mad

Problem with picking all four of those is that would leave us exposed at the back. We are too fragile to do that. No doubt I will be abused now for being anti football just for having a different view to all those that think the answer to our problems is simply to pick all of the supposed flair players from the start.
Not playing them together isn’t working. Seeing Davis wide and number 10 or N’Doye as our most advanced midfielder is depressingly shit. But that’s just my imo
Tweet Topic

Roman replying to bluer than blues
21:29, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Tony Pulis would be excellent for us and I don't think he would be as unrealistic as some may think.

I can't believe Alex McCleish is wanted by some on here...

I have nothing against him for going to Villa, I just don't think he's that good
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to Rab C Nesbitt
21:32, Wednesday 6 December 2017
I have the same opinion as you and I think many others do too.

Although he had a poor first half, seeing Gleeson come on for Jota and N'Doye pushed further forward, really summed up that this fella doesn't have a clue
It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Just as long as you've got chickens.
Tweet Topic

Bluestaines replying to Rab C Nesbitt
21:43, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Rab C Nesbitt
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt
U-R
Rab C Nesbitt

LOL.

Adkins is mental.
Yeah, mad

Not playing them together isn’t working. Seeing Davis wide and number 10 or N’Doye as our most advanced midfielder is depressingly shit. But that’s just my imo

I can’t disagree with that either though tbf. Some of his positional selections are odd. I wouldn’t play both Boga and Jota but I would like to see a proper centre forward with a ball player playing just off them and somebody who can get some crosses in. We are short of pace and width atm as much as we are a box to box midfielder. I too done get why Gallagher is playing wide. I’d have either him or Juke with Adams playing off. I get the feeling Cotterill just doesn’t know how to use the players he has to play in a system he wants but also can’t think of a way to get the players he has into a system that works for their strengths. I have some sympathy and reckon he deserves a transfer window before being written off. The lack of balance in the squad, the lack of confidence and the problems at the club are not his fault and I reckon even if there were somebody better out there willing to take the job on they would be struggling too.
Tweet Topic

U-R replying to mattt
22:20, Wednesday 6 December 2017
mattt
U-R
bluer than blues

Nigel Adkins is shite.

mattt
Sir Heisenberg

Blue Flamingo
Tony Pullis
Martin O'Neil
He said "realistically".

Telling me if we offered to treble Heckingbottom’s wage he’d say no? That Keane would turn us down?

Barnsley are only 3 places above us, why would we want their manager?
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to U-R
22:32, Wednesday 6 December 2017
U-R
mattt
U-R
bluer than blues

Nigel Adkins is shite.

mattt
Sir Heisenberg

Blue Flamingo
Tony Pullis
Martin O'Neil
He said "realistically".

Barnsley are only 3 places above us, why would we want their manager?
Because he's better than ours and our budget is 5 times as big as theirs
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »