This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Re: Nigel Adkins

Tall replying to Rab C Nesbitt
23:22, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Most of the teams above us, have bang average squads Including the likes of Bristol, Sheff Utd, Cardiff. There must be some good managers available somewhere
It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Just as long as you've got chickens.
Tweet Topic

mattt replying to U-R
00:50, Thursday 7 December 2017
Barnsley are only 3 places above us, why would we want their manager?

- Getting more from a smaller squad
- Getting more with a smaller budget
- Has had to sell his best players and kept a side with probably the second smallest budget in the division competitive
- Tactically outclassed our manager
- His side can score goals
- Seems to be able to spot emerging talent
- And motivate those he’s inherited
- Up and coming manager

Hardly Pep, but an all round upgrade.

Is Cotterill paying you?
Tweet Topic

WIghtside replying to bluer than blues
05:28, Thursday 7 December 2017
There will always be jobs for bang average football managers. Atkins will probably sign at the worst a 1 year rolling contract worth at least 750k a year so he would be guaranteed 1.5 million minimum. Nice work if you can get it.

Whoever is advising the Blues owners is obviously not clued up on the modern game or attached to people who are. If they did get rid of Worzel I'd expect a Simon Grayson or Tony Mowbray type appointment which will just infuriate the supporters even more.

Rough waters ahead!!!!
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to mattt
06:43, Thursday 7 December 2017
Why is Karanka still being mentioned? - he's already turned us down once.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Re: Changing the manager

Chris replying to Rab C Nesbitt
09:16, Thursday 7 December 2017
Rab C Nesbitt
I'd take him now and everyday over Scrumpy Jack Steve

me too
Tweet Topic

mattt replying to Bluesince62
09:40, Thursday 7 December 2017
Bluesince62
Why is Karanka still being mentioned? - he's already turned us down once.

Still out of work, things change. His father had died weeks before we spoke to him and that was said to have been one of the reasons he didn’t want a job. Not saying I want him but he’s been linked.
Tweet Topic

LH_4 replying to mattt
11:07, Thursday 7 December 2017
I don't think the board would've taken kindly to being turned down, but anything can happen in football.

I'd still take Karanka in a heartbeat.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Tall
11:25, Thursday 7 December 2017
Tall
I have the same opinion as you and I think many others do too.

Although he had a poor first half, seeing Gleeson come on for Jota and N'Doye pushed further forward, really summed up that this fella doesn't have a clue

And yet we improved in the second half.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Rab C Nesbitt
11:31, Thursday 7 December 2017
Rab C Nesbitt
If we keep Scrumpy for the next 6 games you're on.
Much will depend who we appoint next

OK you're on. The bet is: Blues to finish higher than Hull at the end of the season. What are we betting? I suggest the loser has to have a complimentary signature about the winner - i.e. "That Rab is a football genius" - but better. Nothing about being dry bummed up the Cattell Road though!
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to Rab C Nesbitt
12:05, Thursday 7 December 2017
Rab C Nesbitt
U-R
Rab C Nesbitt
I'd take him now and everyday over Scrumpy Jack Steve

LOL.

Adkins is mental.
I reckon he'd play Gallacher up front with Boga, Che and Jota behind and play passing football.
Yeah, mad

His last two jobs:

Adkins could not stop Reading from being relegated, and they started the 2013–14 season in the Championship. On 15 December 2014, Adkins was sacked following his side's 6–1 defeat to Birmingham which left them ten points behind a play-off place in the Championship.

Sheffield United ended the season in 11th place, their lowest league position since 1983, eight points from the play-offs. Because of this, Adkins was sacked on 12 May 2016.
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Slightly Turbid
12:08, Thursday 7 December 2017
Slightly Turbid
Rab C Nesbitt
If we keep Scrumpy for the next 6 games you're on.
Much will depend who we appoint next

OK you're on. The bet is: Blues to finish higher than Hull at the end of the season. What are we betting? I suggest the loser has to have a complimentary signature about the winner - i.e. "That Rab is a football genius" - but better. Nothing about being dry bummed up the Cattell Road though!
thumbs up
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to bluer than blues
12:08, Thursday 7 December 2017
And yet he still has a better record than our manager in the Championship.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to Le Mod
12:12, Thursday 7 December 2017
Is it? Think about the context - one had a team expected to go straight back up and left them 10 points off the play-offs, the other left a club fighting to stay in the division two points clear of relegation.
Tweet Topic

LH_4 replying to bluer than blues
12:16, Thursday 7 December 2017
Forest finished 6th in the season before Cotterill took over.

They were 23rd come January when SC was there.

Finished 19th.
Tweet Topic

Andy Saville replying to Le Mod
12:21, Thursday 7 December 2017
I'm not a Nigel Adkins fan at all as I still remember being haunted by his smug fecking face during our Hughton season as he was bloody everywhere, but if anyone thinks that Steve Cotterill has a better record than him, then they are mental.

Let's not forget that he has a promotion to the Premier League on his CV as well as managing in the division above. I must have missed when Wurzel was promoted to the Premier League. Adkins' teams do play some decent stuff and there is no way we would be in the bottom 3 with just 10 goals to our name if he was managing us.

I am not in favour of constantly changing the manager, but the whole Zola debacle should have taught us that if it isn't working - then don't drag it out.
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to LH_4
12:21, Thursday 7 December 2017
Linked Image
Tweet Topic

Andy Saville replying to bluer than blues
12:27, Thursday 7 December 2017
He's right though...

[en.wikipedia.org]

[en.wikipedia.org]
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to Andy Saville
12:30, Thursday 7 December 2017
I could almost guarantee you that if Adkins came and we won only one of our first five, people would start to mention the s word. My argument is not for Steve Cotterill per say, I'm more concerned with our current attitude towards sacking managers without giving them time.
Tweet Topic

Andy Saville replying to bluer than blues
12:33, Thursday 7 December 2017
I'm with you about sacking, but it's pretty obvious that this isn't working - just like it was obvious that it wasn't working with Zola. We cannot afford to hang about - we don't score, we don't even create chances to score. The football is terrible and Cotterill isn't going to change. If we hang about with Cotterill, then we will be relegated by Easter, nailed on.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »