This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Bitcoin?

Akita
20:22, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Right ive got £120 to invest and all ive heard of this bitcoin thing, it sounds like something you win in an arcade to me? Anyhow is it any good and where do i sign up?
Tweet Topic

Re: Bitcoin?

Scarface replying to Akita
20:28, Wednesday 6 December 2017
That’ll get you about 1% of a Bitcoin.
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to Akita
20:54, Wednesday 6 December 2017
I personally wouldn't invest in anything I didn't understand. If it were me I'd buy some American Silver Eagles.
Tweet Topic

voodZ replying to Akita
21:38, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Litecoin the way to go pal
Tweet Topic

ben sotv replying to Akita
21:39, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Give me the £120 and I’ll invest it for you.

I must warn you though, you may lose it all
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to ben sotv
22:20, Wednesday 6 December 2017
ben sotv
Give me the £120 and I’ll invest it for you.

I must warn you though, you may lose it all

What's the return on beer ?
Tweet Topic

Azules replying to Akita
23:07, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Like all pyramid schemes, the time to get out is when everyone is talking about it.
Tweet Topic

85Blue replying to Akita
23:11, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Akita
Right ive got £120 to invest and all ive heard of this bitcoin thing, it sounds like something you win in an arcade to me? Anyhow is it any good and where do i sign up?

I'd buy shares in Hereford, club on the up, a lot of money in a terrible league, possible big game in fa cup third round, will get back to football league in a few years and give you a larger return on your investment than most things
Tweet Topic

Magna 1,000,000 replying to 85Blue
23:24, Wednesday 6 December 2017
Bitcoin are like Beanie Babies in the 90s. They are only worth what people are willing to pay. It is a bubble of people buying them because they will be worth more one day, but the fact is everybody is now talking about it and so it has peaked, people are reaching the trough of what they will pay and people are now jumping on these bandwagons and being stuck with all this bitcoin they brought at extortionate amounts that they cant sell on.

Cue crash in market value.
Tweet Topic

Atlas replying to Magna 1,000,000
23:37, Wednesday 6 December 2017
If you invested in Bitcoin back in 2009 you would be very rich indeed by now.

1 = about £10k according to the live charts.
Ndoye is still the best midfielder in the Championship.
Tweet Topic

bluer than blues replying to Akita
07:38, Thursday 7 December 2017
I work for a trading company and they've just released trading of it on their app. What I would say is the minute that the masses know about it is the minute investment is dead. If you'd have put your money in six months/years ago...
Tweet Topic

barnieeee replying to Akita
07:52, Thursday 7 December 2017
research other up and coming cryptocurrencies, and spread your investment amongst them
Tweet Topic

Frank replying to Akita
08:24, Thursday 7 December 2017
Carson Yeung would probably be a whole lot happier if he'd invested in bitcoin rather than buying us.
Tweet Topic

Blue Flamingo replying to Akita
08:33, Thursday 7 December 2017
I invested 300 on Saturday, it's worth 370 now
hth
Tweet Topic

David Xavis replying to Blue Flamingo
08:34, Thursday 7 December 2017
Smashed £500 in about a month ago, would be worth about 7 grand now but I cashed out at 1k.
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to Magna 1,000,000
08:36, Thursday 7 December 2017
Magna 1,000,000
Bitcoin are like Beanie Babies in the 90s. They are only worth what people are willing to pay. It is a bubble of people buying them because they will be worth more one day, but the fact is everybody is now talking about it and so it has peaked, people are reaching the trough of what they will pay and people are now jumping on these bandwagons and being stuck with all this bitcoin they brought at extortionate amounts that they cant sell on.

Cue crash in market value.

Exactly. I'm reluctant to give financial advice in case I cost someone some money.
But I would strongly advise looking into what a Bitcoin is. My very limited knowledge says it isn't anything.
Our own GBPs aren't anything (most are computer entries), but at least they are legal tender, as in people have to accept them by law.
Tweet Topic

David Xavis replying to Tony Hancock
08:39, Thursday 7 December 2017
Bitcoin seems more of a commodity than anything else, apparently Amazon etc will start accepting it soon so it will become something that can be used as a form of payment.

It will then become over-regulated and will crash.
Tweet Topic

SE10Blue replying to Akita
08:42, Thursday 7 December 2017
There's a documentary called 'Banking on Bitcoin', it's worth a watch if you want to understand more about bitcoin / other cryptocurrencies.
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to David Xavis
08:55, Thursday 7 December 2017
Really? Isn't it a modern day magic bean? Dreamed up by some bloke in his pants in his parents spare bedroom
It doesn't matter if you're rich or poor. Just as long as you've got chickens.
Tweet Topic

Jameron Cerome replying to Akita
09:00, Thursday 7 December 2017
Considering the reason you are now hearing about bitcoin is because 1 coin is worth around $10k I would say this is not a good time to invest. You don't invest at its highest as the risk of it dropping is too large.
Tweet Topic

David Xavis replying to Tall
09:02, Thursday 7 December 2017
Tall
Really? Isn't it a modern day magic bean? Dreamed up by some bloke in his pants in his parents spare bedroom

Pretty much, it was used in the past as a non-traceable form of payment for things on the dark web and as rewards for tech people to solve challenges. Have a read up on the history of it, it's quite interesting.
Tweet Topic

SE10Blue replying to Akita
09:03, Thursday 7 December 2017
Reading through the replies on here, I don't think SHA is the best place to get advice on whether to invest in Bitcoin or not.
Tweet Topic

Chris replying to Akita
09:08, Thursday 7 December 2017
My mate's dad put £500 in two weeks ago and it's doubled in value since then.

It's very volatile though, so don't get disheartened.
Tweet Topic

CheswickBlue replying to Akita
10:01, Thursday 7 December 2017
If you want a smart, quick return, no risk investment, you can get 8/13 on Fulham to win on Saturday thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to David Xavis
11:10, Thursday 7 December 2017
David Xavis
Tall

Pretty much, it was used in the past as a non-traceable form of payment for things on the dark web and as rewards for tech people to solve challenges. Have a read up on the history of it, it's quite interesting.

Well I haven't, and my understanding is, it's nothing more than an entry on a computer. It doesn't exist, and has no intrinsic value. There is no authority (like a government, in fact I bet governments hate them) to enforce anyone to accept them as a form of payment ?
Tweet Topic

SE10Blue replying to Tony Hancock
11:16, Thursday 7 December 2017
Why would you want a government to enforce anyone to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment? One of the main attractions of cryptocurrency is that it is decentralised.
Tweet Topic

WorcsAzul replying to Akita
11:21, Thursday 7 December 2017
It's going mad at the moment and will probably end up handing out losses to many latecomers.

Here is some expert comment from Tuesday suggesting the rally looked overdone with Bitcoin approaching $12,000 a pop.

[www.coindesk.com]

Two days on and its through $14,000.8-):D

[www.forbes.com]

It's a very speculative punt. There are people out there telling you it will crash and burn when people realise its an electronic Ponzi scheme. Others say the underlying blockchain technology is a game changer and confidently suggest a Bitcoin could go all the way to $150,000.
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to SE10Blue
11:24, Thursday 7 December 2017
SE10Blue
Why would you want a government to enforce anyone to accept Bitcoin as a form of payment? One of the main attractions of cryptocurrency is that it is decentralised.

Yes I get that part. A money which a government can't dick about with, is a good thing. We have such money. Gold & silver. Governments don't want us using those either, as demonstrated with the Liberty Dollar.
So that's why Bitcoin is web based. They can be moved about, without governments confiscating them. I get that too.
But unlike the Liberty Dollar, Bitcoins have no intrinsic value. If people started refusing to accept them, they are nothing.
With a government's nothing money, people have to accept them, by law.
Tweet Topic

David Xavis replying to WorcsAzul
11:24, Thursday 7 December 2017
It's essentially gambling, fun tho.
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to WorcsAzul
11:28, Thursday 7 December 2017
WorcsAzul
It's going mad at the moment and will probably end up handing out losses to many latecomers.

Here is some expert comment from Tuesday suggesting the rally looked overdone with Bitcoin approaching $12,000 a pop.

[www.coindesk.com]

Two days on and its through $14,000.8-):D

[www.forbes.com]

It's a very speculative punt. There are people out there telling you it will crash and burn when people realise its an electronic Ponzi scheme. Others say the underlying blockchain technology is a game changer and confidently suggest a Bitcoin could go all the way to $150,000.

I'm no expert, but I'd be far more comfortable with ten ounces of gold, than one Bitcoin.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »