'You can’t conjure it up to spend if it’s not there' Steve Cotterill's stark transfer window warning

Birmingham Mail
18:05, Thursday 11 January 2018
Cotterill has provided this insight into what BCFC can do this month

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Re: 'You can’t conjure it up to spend if it’s not there' Steve Cotterill's stark transfer window warning

TrevorFrancisTrackSuits replying to Birmingham Mail
18:08, Thursday 11 January 2018
Oh
Tweet Topic

Re: 'You can’t conjure it up to spend if it’s not there' Steve Cotterill's stark transfer window warning

Brummagen replying to Birmingham Mail
18:09, Thursday 11 January 2018
This is quite depressing.
Tweet Topic

jamiespollock replying to Birmingham Mail
18:09, Thursday 11 January 2018
Oh ffs
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Birmingham Mail
18:11, Thursday 11 January 2018
In others words we ain't doing no business coz were flipin skint.
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to TrevorFrancisTrackSuits
18:12, Thursday 11 January 2018
'I would probably just say at this moment in time - we are where we are in the league table, we are where we are as regards our transfer budget - if we have one.'

That clears it up perfectly, thanks.
The belle of St Trillions
Tweet Topic

Tall replying to StechyBlue
18:12, Thursday 11 January 2018
Unless we sell Adams, or anybody else that's worth more that 67p
What did the Knights in White satin?
Tweet Topic

Johnny Rotten replying to Birmingham Mail
18:25, Thursday 11 January 2018
A few weeks ago, the Mail reported on Steve saying we were quite a way down the line with a couple of transfers and that things would happen early on in the window.

Today, the story is that we have not contacted anybody regarding transfers and we don't have a pot to piss in.

This board are nearly as bad as the last one. Spent loads when they initially came in and tell us we are a buying club, only then to decide the pot is empty and we need to become a selling club.
Tweet Topic

Onlyonetalkingsence replying to Johnny Rotten
18:34, Thursday 11 January 2018
Johnny Rotten
A few weeks ago, the Mail reported on Steve saying we were quite a way down the line with a couple of transfers and that things would happen early on in the window.

Today, the story is that we have not contacted anybody regarding transfers and we don't have a pot to piss in.

This board are nearly as bad as the last one. Spent loads when they initially came in and tell us we are a buying club, only then to decide the pot is empty and we need to become a selling club.
Dont think They trust the Manager like most of us and probably wish we hadnt of won 3 on the bounce so They could sack him before this. They probably saw his list and thought we are not spending our money on these players
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Birmingham Mail
18:35, Thursday 11 January 2018
All ready for the skint pricks derby
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Predator replying to Birmingham Mail
18:44, Thursday 11 January 2018
Well. This is depressing... shouldn’t be suprised really with the way things have gone for blues over the last 12-13 months.
Tweet Topic

U-Credit replying to Birmingham Mail
18:55, Thursday 11 January 2018
We had two transfer windows of lavish spending under two clueless managers who wrecked the squad.

No money left folks.
Tweet Topic

Scarface replying to Predator
18:56, Thursday 11 January 2018
Has everyone forgot that last time we actually spent a few quid and somehow managed to get even worse?
Tweet Topic

J replying to Birmingham Mail
18:59, Thursday 11 January 2018
This is all talk. We'll buy a player or two before the window ends.
Cheery Chappy Charcy
People who read books are mugs. If it is good enough it will be on TV.
Tweet Topic

BlueSteve replying to Birmingham Mail
19:06, Thursday 11 January 2018
Very worrying. Lets get rid of some dead wood if this is the case:-

Jenkinson - If Arsenal want to recall him I'll pay the taxi. Even half his wages could be 20 k per week.
Brammel - I really hope Arsenal want him back to. Somehow I doubt it.
Lowe - 4th or 5th choice - He can go to Blackburn if they want him.
Gleeson - Karl Robinson at Charlton can have him.
Jota - Any bid around 5 million I would cut my losses.

With this radical strategy maybe we could get a couple players in of quality who can be here in the long term.
Tweet Topic

The Bat replying to J
19:07, Thursday 11 January 2018
Bit of naivety here felllers. Tell the world you’re skint = lower prices. Either that or we’re potless :D

Makes no real difference to my experience.
Tweet Topic

Saga Noren replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
19:08, Thursday 11 January 2018
That Tam has 30 posh guitars. He could sell 'em and buy a couple of players easily. That Silva bloke for a start.
Wigan Pier.
Tweet Topic

Funds needed to buy!

BlueSteve replying to Birmingham Mail
18:31, Thursday 11 January 2018
So according the SC's interview with the Mail we need to balance the books as we have spent way to much paying up Rowett and Zola and generally making huge losses on player bought in previous windows. This maybe an unpopular opinion but I would sell Che if a good offer was on the table. Funds can then be used to strengthen other positions (midfield). Or maybe this is a smoke screen so selling clubs will be reasonable with there prices. Sadly that looks to be wishful thinking.
Tweet Topic

Re: Funds needed to buy!

My Blue Heaven replying to BlueSteve
18:32, Thursday 11 January 2018
Davo Davo Davo
Tweet Topic

TheBlueNation replying to BlueSteve
18:32, Thursday 11 January 2018
Maybe we should set up a Crowd Funding page?
Tweet Topic

Cattell Prod replying to My Blue Heaven
19:06, Thursday 11 January 2018
:D
Sonic Youth fan. MBV. If you like feedback that much get a job at the council.
Tweet Topic

Ginja Ninja replying to Saga Noren
19:14, Thursday 11 January 2018
It could all be 'smoke and mirrors'. The time to worry will be on 2nd Feb if we haven't brought in a competent central midfielder and a left back.
Tweet Topic

B13blues replying to Birmingham Mail
19:19, Thursday 11 January 2018
But it was apparently there at your unveiling Steve thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Blue Machine replying to Ginja Ninja
19:20, Thursday 11 January 2018
Ginja Ninja
It could all be 'smoke and mirrors'. The time to worry will be on 2nd Feb if we haven't brought in a competent central midfielder and a left back.
The time to worry is when your manager says there’s no money to spend and we are second bottom.
Tweet Topic

Johnny Rotten replying to The Bat
19:25, Thursday 11 January 2018
The Bat
Bit of naivety here felllers. Tell the world you’re skint = lower prices. Either that or we’re potless :D

Makes no real difference to my experience.

It only ever works in the opposite situation. If we say we've got billions, clubs will charge us the earth. If we say we haven't got a pot to piss in, they won't really care.

If a club values a player at £5m, they aren't going to sell him to a 'poor club' for £8.50 and a packet of salt and vinegar just because that club has said it has no money...
Tweet Topic

The Bat replying to Johnny Rotten
19:28, Thursday 11 January 2018
But if only one club is interested and is skint the selling club may drop the price to get a sale if they need the dough.

Basic economics muck
Tweet Topic

B13blues replying to B13blues
19:28, Thursday 11 January 2018
B13blues
But it was apparently there at your unveiling Steve thumbs up
Unless I heard Wong 8-)
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to Saga Noren
19:31, Thursday 11 January 2018
Malala Yousafzai
That Tam has 30 posh guitars. He could sell 'em and buy a couple of players easily. That Silva bloke for a start.
Cheeky. :D I don't mind donating the cheapest one. I bought it off a student at a car boot sale (OK, brocante) not far from Cognac a couple of years ago. It was 30 euros, and I think I was ripped off. :D
The belle of St Trillions
Tweet Topic

Tank replying to Johnny Rotten
20:16, Thursday 11 January 2018
Maybe he was fffffffffffffffffffffibbing
Rub a dub dub
Woof bark donkey
Tweet Topic

Green Seamer replying to Tank
05:11, Friday 12 January 2018
Tank
Maybe he was fffffffffffffffffffffibbing

Maybe he has been told spend what limited money we have now and we go down - you are toast - so suddenly he wins 3 and thinks I can eke a bit more out of this - might be tough but I will risk it

Keep us up with what you’ve got and you can have more in the summer - I will back myself - I backed myself for the job in May they didn’t want me - and I will back myself again now things look like they are turning

Classic business thinking from the Chinese - Classic employee thinking from bonus-orientated Cotterill
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »