When was the last time we signed a player?

Miguel
18:46, Saturday 13 January 2018
I don't mean just anybody who gets paid for playing football but a real player? Sat here watching Mason Holgate for Everton, signed from Barnsley a year ago, he looks as if he has the prospects to be a class act. I appreciate they're a Prem club and all that comes with that but but still, how come we always seem to be in the queue for mid/late twenties, huffers and puffers who don't really have any improvement in them?

And yeah, I am including Che Adams in the "huff, puff and when he leaves us he'll be no better a player he was than when he joined" bracket.

I can't think of the last truly impressive signing we made, not even Championship standard impressive.
Tweet Topic

Re: When was the last time we signed a player?

Saga Noren replying to Miguel
19:31, Saturday 13 January 2018
Not many responses to your question.
Wigan Pier.
Tweet Topic

Miguel replying to Saga Noren
19:37, Saturday 13 January 2018
Answers the question then I guess?

I can't think past Curtis Davies myself.
Tweet Topic

Bluestaines replying to Miguel
19:41, Saturday 13 January 2018
Miguel
I don't mean just anybody who gets paid for playing football but a real player? Sat here watching Mason Holgate for Everton, signed from Barnsley a year ago, he looks as if he has the prospects to be a class act. I appreciate they're a Prem club and all that comes with that but but still, how come we always seem to be in the queue for mid/late twenties, huffers and puffers who don't really have any improvement in them?

And yeah, I am including Che Adams in the "huff, puff and when he leaves us he'll be no better a player he was than when he joined" bracket.

I can't think of the last truly impressive signing we made, not even Championship standard impressive.

Because we have been skint for a number of years and are still playing catch up massive style. Long way to go yet and even further cos of the poor decisions made over the last 13 months or so
Tweet Topic

Miguel replying to Bluestaines
19:49, Saturday 13 January 2018
It was a 'when' question not a 'why'. You can go back the the Prem days, signings have been largely uninspiring.
Tweet Topic

Saga Noren replying to Miguel
22:20, Saturday 13 January 2018
Inspiring? Can't remember anyone since 2011. Townsend, on loan, looked exciting. Gallagher, on loan, has bags of potential and looks exciting to me. It's difficult to remember anyone really special, apart from Demarai Gray and Jack Butland who we gave away cheap.
Wigan Pier.
Tweet Topic

Obafemi replying to Saga Noren
22:43, Saturday 13 January 2018
Le God
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Obafemi
06:27, Sunday 14 January 2018
Hayden Mullins

/close thread
Tweet Topic

PartAndroid replying to Miguel
08:42, Sunday 14 January 2018
Miguel

What's our appeal?
'I truly believe that at some point during his Pompey tenure, Cotterill stated into the abyss and was met, after a time, with the gentlest of breezes and carried upon that breeze was a tiny, sweet voice, whispering "Everyone knows you're a ****". Over and over and over.' - The Secret Footballer, on Steve Cotterill.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »