This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Time wasting

Everbluesince92
19:00, Saturday 13 January 2018
It's starting to get ridiculous isn't it. Every throw, corner, substitute and free kick seems to take an age. We are as guilty as any on the rare occasions we are winning but surely as fans we deserve an actual 90 minutes of football to happen.
Tweet Topic

Re: Time wasting

Robert Hopkins replying to Everbluesince92
19:04, Saturday 13 January 2018
when winnall stopped to roll his socks down and ref just carried on chatting summed up the control he had with time wasting
Tweet Topic

Everbluesince92 replying to Robert Hopkins
19:07, Saturday 13 January 2018
All that and 4 minutes added time....
Tweet Topic

stevo replying to Everbluesince92
19:11, Saturday 13 January 2018
Completely agree. Goalkeepers should be booked straight away when they time waste after half time. That really pisses me off. Then again,i don't complain when we do it.Not that it's normally in our interest to time waste.
Tweet Topic

Southside Blue replying to stevo
19:16, Saturday 13 January 2018
Although it's never applied , doesn't the goalkeeper have 6 seconds to release the ball after gaining control of it ? .....If I was a ref about to retire I'd allow 18 minutes of added time and make sure the team who'd been wasting time lost ..
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
Tweet Topic

stevo replying to Southside Blue
19:18, Saturday 13 January 2018
Southside Blue
Although it's never applied , doesn't the goalkeeper have 6 seconds to release the ball after gaining control of it ? .....If I was a ref about to retire I'd allow 18 minutes of added time and make sure the team who'd been wasting time lost ..
thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Bluewurst replying to Robert Hopkins
19:32, Saturday 13 January 2018
Robert Hopkins
when winnall stopped to roll his socks down and ref just carried on chatting summed up the control he had with time wasting

I would have sent the fanny off for that
@Bluewurst1875
Tweet Topic

Pearly Dewdrops replying to Bluewurst
20:02, Saturday 13 January 2018
He just laughed as he came off. Knew exactly what he was doing. Git.
Tweet Topic

The Bat replying to Pearly Dewdrops
20:25, Saturday 13 January 2018
We do exactly the same whenever we can. Jesus.
Tweet Topic

Scoobers replying to The Bat
20:28, Saturday 13 January 2018
Of course.

Wish we would waste time more, might help our goal difference :?
Tweet Topic

The Bat replying to Scoobers
20:29, Saturday 13 January 2018
We played well today, they had the rub of the green. Continue playing like that and we’ll stay up. Honest Scoobs the drama queens on here. You must have the patience of Job.
Tweet Topic

Scoobers replying to The Bat
20:31, Saturday 13 January 2018
I note your self critical observations and make no further comment :P
Tweet Topic

WorcsBlues replying to Everbluesince92
20:41, Saturday 13 January 2018
It's always the same when you are two or more behind - it's referred to as "game management" - we've been on the receiving end of game management 16 times this season & quite a number last season - I'm just 'meh' to it now as the officials don't give two fecks either way .......
Tweet Topic

Dougie Bell replying to WorcsBlues
21:49, Saturday 13 January 2018
It pissed me off when the forth official held up 4 minutes extra time. The time wasting now seems to be clicking up a new level, basically because it attracts no more punishment that a wave of a hand and a point to the watch from the toothless ref.
I hate to see it, loathe it. I don't find it clever or professional, I find it the act of a cheating shit. That wibble or whatever his name was obviously thought he was a top WUM by stopping to take his shin pads out or whatever, but he should have been booked. You get booked for taking off your shirt after scoring because it might entice crowd trouble, but I've never been bothered by that. But when that little prick slowly ambled across the pitch and purposely stopped and bent down to mess with his socks, I could at that very moment happily of ran on the pitch and kicked his smug, grinning, teeth down his smug, cheating throat.
That was liquid football!
Tweet Topic

johnthefence replying to Everbluesince92
21:58, Saturday 13 January 2018
I think I remember some years back that someone did a rough survey of several matches and found that the ball was only in play for around 60 minutes in an average match. Theres a simple answer if thats the case, have an official timekeeper, other than the ref, and start / stop the clock only when the ball is live and ensure 60 minutes of live play.

Simples
Tweet Topic

blueboyblue replying to Dougie Bell
22:05, Saturday 13 January 2018

But when that little prick slowly ambled across the pitch and purposely stopped and bent down to mess with his socks, I could at that very moment happily of ran on the pitch and kicked his smug, grinning, teeth down his smug, cheating throat.

Well played :D
Tweet Topic

Everbluesince92 replying to Dougie Bell
22:15, Saturday 13 January 2018
There's a lot of things that players do that just generally pisses me off.

Another personal pet peeve is the stealing of an extra millimetre on corners and goalkicks.
Tweet Topic

Southside Blue replying to blueboyblue
00:19, Sunday 14 January 2018
Remember when the law was changed so a goalkick could be taken any side of the six yard box was introduced . It was intended to speed up the game enabling the keeper to take it from the nearest side to where he collected the ball . It has done the opposite . They take it from the side furthest away from where they collect the ball .... if they are winning
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to johnthefence
06:24, Sunday 14 January 2018
johnthefence
I think I remember some years back that someone did a rough survey of several matches and found that the ball was only in play for around 60 minutes in an average match. Theres a simple answer if thats the case, have an official timekeeper, other than the ref, and start / stop the clock only when the ball is live and ensure 60 minutes of live play.

Simples

^ This.

There should be a sweeping reform to time keeping in football. Switch to a rugby style of timekeeping, clock stops only for injuries, substitutions, goals and referee interventions (i.e. lectures, bookings and sendings off) and restarts when play restarts; the clock continues for all other stoppages but play must restart within 30 seconds otherwise the player in question is immediately booked and a freekick is awarded to the opposing team (for throw ins it is given the other way, for corners it becomes a goal kick and for goal kicks it becomes a corner.) The only caveat would be if the crowd "hilariously" keep the ball (we'd never do such a thing!) then the clock stops until the ball is available.

Can easily be implemented for the professional game. At the amateur level play must restart within 30 seconds of the ball being available to play (i.e. where pitches are in large parks, next to fecking car parks, on cliff edges etc and you have to run half a mile to get the fecker back).

Upon the completion of 90 minutes the game ends the next time the ball goes dead. Its great watching the end of a rugby match when the team chasing points concedes possession after time and the defending team boot it into touch to win the game.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to The Bat
06:31, Sunday 14 January 2018
The Bat
We do exactly the same whenever we can. Jesus.

Yes but we are the only team in the league that wastes time so we don't lose any more heavily than we already are.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »