This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Full transcript: Birmingham City boss on team news, Aston Villa approach and Carl Jenkinson's role

Birmingham Mail
16:15, Friday 9 February 2018
Steve Cotterill addressed the media ahead of Sunday's clash with Aston Villa.

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Re: Full transcript: Birmingham City boss on team news, Aston Villa approach and Carl Jenkinson's role

Bears replying to Birmingham Mail
16:17, Friday 9 February 2018
You can tell the manager is a nutter when the comments are too difficult to summarise so the full transcript gets issued.

Wor Steve thumbs up
No future.....
Tweet Topic

Re: Full transcript: Birmingham City boss on team news, Aston Villa approach and Carl Jenkinson's role

YellowRivers replying to Bears
18:16, Friday 9 February 2018
I’ve watched and listened to a lot of his full pre and post match interviews now and I’m not at all convinced by this Wurzel characterisation. He’s not smooth, eloquent, charismatic or even particularly likable but I sense that he is thoughtful, measured and reasonably knowledgeable. I think the fact that he has a much-maligned accent, loose grasp of grammar, strange brand of metaphor and is often guarded or defensive with the media is giving some of our fans a falsely negative impression of his abilities. Surely, a bunch of working-class Brummies should be able to see past these superficial and irrelevant foibles?! Sure, we can disagree with his tactics, decisions, team sheets and style of play but I don’t think I buy into the vox pop that he’s any less bright, knowledgeable or able than the average English-based manager.
Tweet Topic

SOBLUE replying to YellowRivers
18:41, Friday 9 February 2018
YellowRivers
Surely, a bunch of working-class Brummies should be able to see past these superficial and irrelevant foibles?!

Not a good tactic on here, Yellow. Knock Brummies at your peril.B)
Tweet Topic

YellowRivers replying to SOBLUE
18:45, Friday 9 February 2018
I’m not knocking anything of the sort. I am a working-class Brummie. I’d characterise the majority of our support as broadly fitting that same description and I’m surprised that many people are being dismissive of this bloke for the reasons that they give.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to YellowRivers
19:27, Friday 9 February 2018
Thanks, great story.

Hang onnn...
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

YellowRivers replying to Bluesince62
19:29, Friday 9 February 2018
You’re too kind
Tweet Topic

SOBLUE replying to YellowRivers
19:58, Friday 9 February 2018
I'm pleased that you clarified that, though I'm afraid I cannot agree with you re the criticisms of Cotterill. He largely brings it on himself. Further evidence of his shortcomings on Tuesday, both picking the wrong team/tactics and his (yet again) alarming post-match comments. After leaving Huddersfield quite contented, I then left StAns fuming (like most around me). The guy disrespected the FA Cup; threw the game away and wasted my evening.
Tweet Topic

YellowRivers replying to SOBLUE
20:32, Friday 9 February 2018
Sorry I wasn’t clearer in the first place. Those all sound like reasonable opinions to differ with the manager on to me.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »