This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Ryan Mason

Blue H
12:51, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Forced to retire at 26 because of that head injury. Shame
Tweet Topic

Re: Ryan Mason

Chris replying to Blue H
13:56, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Terrible shame etc etc

What happens to the club who shelled out £10m+ on him? Would they be insured against this happening?
Tweet Topic

Miguel replying to Chris
14:00, Tuesday 13 February 2018
It depends on the sport. In some sports they just shoot them and send them off to the glue factory.
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to Chris
14:02, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Yes I believe so, insurance seems pretty standard in the top leagues these days, they'll get a payout of some kind, even we have insurance on our players in case of long term injury etc.

'Tis a shame, I suspect we might see him go into coaching, I'm sure his former clubs will help him out.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

Haircut1000 replying to Le Mod
14:30, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Must be gutting. Poor sod.
Tweet Topic

Lumbertubs replying to Le Mod
18:34, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Even my old Sunday league team had insurance. It was a league requirement and would pay out about £26 if you lost a finger.
Tweet Topic

Benjamin Netan@Yahoo.com replying to Blue H
19:50, Tuesday 13 February 2018
Who would bet against him coming out of retirement in the nest 18-24 months?

Wouldn't be the first player to retire from the game through injury and make a comeback (Stephen Carr springs to mind)
Tweet Topic
  • Handmade Turned Items
    Looking for a unique gift? Browse our website for handmade turned items.
  • Advertisement
  • Advertise your Small Business
    By becoming a SHA sponsor you can advertise your small business to thousands of Brummies for just pennies a day.
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »