18:39, Mon 12 Mar
carrsrighthand
zxcv
Marstonblue
Monk wont stay if we drop. No chance.

The games we have left are winnable. We cant ask for 3 better home games than hull ipswich burton.

Only ourselves to blame if we cant muster wins out of them. Just hope the fans turn up saturday and get as many as we can.

We need it.
Exactly very winnable but all some can see is other teams picking up points when we have maybe the best run in of all.Amazing.
Lets just take on game at a time and hope the two Norfolk/Suffolk teams can win tomorrow.

If Ipswich beat Hull tomorrow and we beat them at stans on Saturday HOW many points will we be behind them. er just goal diff level on points. in ONE GAME.
We’ll be 3 points behind Hull?
maybe i wrote that badly i meant we would only need one game to get level on points and behind on just goal difference.
18:48, Mon 12 Mar
zxcv
carrsrighthand
zxcv
Marstonblue

The games we have left are winnable. We cant ask for 3 better home games than hull ipswich burton.

Only ourselves to blame if we cant muster wins out of them. Just hope the fans turn up saturday and get as many as we can.

We need it.
Exactly very winnable but all some can see is other teams picking up points when we have maybe the best run in of all.Amazing.
Lets just take on game at a time and hope the two Norfolk/Suffolk teams can win tomorrow.

If Ipswich beat Hull tomorrow and we beat them at stans on Saturday HOW many points will we be behind them. er just goal diff level on points. in ONE GAME.
maybe i wrote that badly i meant we would only need one game to get level on points and behind on just goal difference.
Fair play it confused me. Like someone else has said if Barnsley win tomorrow and get a point sat in their early game then were 6 points away from them all before weve kicked a ball.
carrsrighthand
zxcv
carrsrighthand
zxcv
Marstonblue

We need it.

Fair play it confused me. Like someone else has said if Barnsley win tomorrow and get a point sat in their early game then were 6 points away from them all before weve kicked a ball.

Five behind them, as it happens, but we'd need six to overtake them due to our terrible goal difference - it's 15 worse than theirs at the moment.
The belle of St Trillions
Brother Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
carrsrighthand
zxcv
carrsrighthand
zxcv
Marstonblue

We need it.

Five behind them, as it happens, but we'd need six to overtake them due to our terrible goal difference - it's 15 worse than theirs at the moment.
Were currently 2 points behind them. If they get a win & a draw then were 6 points behind them.
carrsrighthand
carrsrighthand
zxcv
carrsrighthand
zxcv
Marstonblue

We need it.

Were currently 2 points behind them. If they get a win & a draw then were 6 points behind them.

Sorry, yes - I missed the bit about the draw. Apologies. (tu)
carrsrighthand
carrsrighthand
zxcv
carrsrighthand
zxcv
Marstonblue

We need it.

No worries, it doesnt look good though does it. Lets hope things start going our way. Morrisons shot stopped on the line, any other day any other team thats in the net. Still dont think the keeper knew anything about it.
carrsrighthand
carrsrighthand
carrsrighthand
zxcv
carrsrighthand
zxcv
Marstonblue

We need it.

No worries, it doesnt look good though does it. Lets hope things start going our way. Morrisons shot stopped on the line, any other day any other team thats in the net. Still dont think the keeper knew anything about it.

I'm not normally pessimistic about our relegation scraps, but I am this time, although more optimistic about the future IF Monk stays and now that SC has gone and Vetere and Dein have been shown the door.
Yeah agreed. I was looking forward to Cardiff aswell, nothing seems to be going for us at all.
It just feels different this year, it just seems such a tall order and we’ve no momentum.

Ah well, I’ll be there on Saturday.
@LeMod1875
Le Mod
It just feels different this year, it just seems such a tall order and we’ve no momentum.

I don't think that I will, OR the Burton game. It's my wedding anniversary and promised to take the very lucky Mrs Tam to North Yorkshire, although there's some negotation planned for later. It's my daughter's 30th birthday on April 7th, and we're taking her and her fiancee to London. Can't get out of that one, I don't think. Gutted really.
19:59, Mon 12 Mar
Le Mod

We didnt have much momentum last season we dropped like a stone.

I think its worse this time because we are worse defensively.

We miss Grounds so much.
21:47, Mon 12 Mar
My Blue Heaven
Le Mod

We miss Grounds so much.

And there in lies the problem, Grounds hasn't improved he was just surrounded by poorer / less committed players.
johnthefence
My Blue Heaven
Le Mod

We miss Grounds so much.

And there in lies the problem, grounds hadn't improved he was just surrounded by poorer / less committed players.

Grounds was never the problem.
johnthefence
My Blue Heaven
Le Mod

We miss Grounds so much.

And there in lies the problem, grounds hadn't improved he was just surrounded by poorer / less committed players.

Precisely, Grounds still gets my vote for player of the season
johnthefence
johnthefence
My Blue Heaven
Le Mod

We miss Grounds so much.

Mine too. I think he'd got that award nailed some time ago. There hasn't been anyone else in with a shout, sadly.
21:59, Mon 12 Mar
johnthefence
johnthefence
My Blue Heaven
Le Mod

We miss Grounds so much.

He was never my cup of tea in the past but yes, this season id give POTS to Grounds.
14:42, Mon 2 Apr
johnthefence
very optimistic and necessary 15pts for 45 points, more likely 8 points for 38 points

HULL (H) W (probable D)
IPSWICH (H) W (probable D)
BOLTON (A) D (probable L)
BURTON (H) W (probable W)
BRISTOL C (A) L (probable L)
WOLVES (A) L (probable L)
SHEFF U (H) W (probable W)
QPR (A) D (probable L)
FULHAM (H) D (probable L)

Mission accomplished in the first 2 games, 9 more points needed
Maxine Collins for me
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
17:56, Mon 2 Apr
And me. Maghoma close 2nd.

Barnsley Forum

09:39, Tue 3 Apr
[barnsleyfc.org.uk]

Good god, how long do they want to work out the different permutations of our game tonight.......amusing how thick some people can be. :D
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
09:50, Tue 3 Apr
That was complicated.

As a doom and gloom merchant, it appears the gist is that our goal difference is probably going to be what relegates us this time, after it saving us two(?) times in recent seasons.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
09:59, Tue 3 Apr
I think we need a few more points to be safe but the form table does not lie either. Just looked and Sunderland, Burton and Barnsley take up 3 of the bottom 4 places in the form guide. In their last 17 fixtures between them there is 1 win and 4 draws (so 7 points from a possible 51 between them all). I doubt any of them will reach 40 points now. Looks to me that Forest upwards are safe. It would be great to see us close our the season in decent form so Monk can carry that into next season.
10:11, Tue 3 Apr
With fans that thick they deserve to go down.

I've just a predictor and it has had staying up on 44 points.

Bolton- draw
Burton- win
Bristol City- lose
Wolves- lose
Sheff Utd- win
QPR- draw
Fulham- lose

So I've been fairly realistic.

Sunderland go down on 41 with Barnsley on 39 and Burton bottom on 31.

The good thing is that Bolton and Sunderland both have comparable goal differences to us.

Sunderland are at home to Wolves on the last day so have an even harder game than us, whilst Barnsley are at Derby and Bolton at home to Forest.

I worry we need something from one of our away games and our away form is appalling.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Jim
10:23, Tue 3 Apr
I worry we need something from one of our away games and our away form is appalling.

As we've only played one away game (a narrow defeat at 2nd placed Cardiff) since the current management took over, I'd prefer to say that our away form is an unknown quantity.

We might have a better idea about our away form after tonight's game.
Sunderland are at home to Wolves on the last day so have an even harder game than us

Not so sure on that, this'll be a Wolves side already 3 or 4 games as Champions and will be playing in flip flops. The rest is fair enough though.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
I expect Fulham will also be safely in the playoffs and pulling out of tackles all over the shop.

Jim, that's a fair point. We did collapss when going one down but it was early Monk days.

We need to see how we cope to going a goal down. Next season though hopefully :D
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
11:49, Tue 3 Apr
Bluemarc81
[barnsleyfc.org.uk]

Good god, how long do they want to work out the different permutations of our game tonight.......amusing how thick some people can be. :D

Jesus Christ. Where have they plucked this “game in hand” from? Thank you for that, I needed a good wheez today.
11:49, Tue 3 Apr
I’m going to start listening to the Barnsley fans. There’s a fair few who think we’ll piss safety.