15:29, Mon 12 Mar
He was talking about which teams we can catch of those above us, Burton aren't above us (Yet)
@LeMod1875
15:38, Mon 12 Mar
Le Mod
He was talking about which teams we can catch of those above us, Burton aren't above us (Yet)
Surley its about 3 to go down 2 if you count S/land as already down, so i am only concerning myself with who will get the most points from here on in. you pointed out in previous post who had the worst run in and you thought we had a tough run in, hence i see Burton as by far the toughest that leaves one other to go down, hopefully out of Hull and Bolton and maybe even Reading they have some tough cookies as well but points in the bag that we cannot effect as we can against Hull.
15:38, Mon 12 Mar
My bad.
15:39, Mon 12 Mar
Well, the next 2 weeks will show us one way or the other - form tends to go out of the window for teams at the bottom as the end draws near, let's hope it does for us and no other buggers. I'm not going to even attempt to forecast how many points all the bottom sides will or won't pick up as it's a pointless exercise, tbh.
zxcv said on P&S punishment...

"I am not going into detail but just to say i can see why your confusing things, NONE of that is applicable and not what you think it is.

All i will say just wait and you will see i am right. The embargo will be lifted in January and we will buy two 6 million pound forwards."
15:41, Mon 12 Mar
msp1875
Le Mod
5 out of the next 7

Norwich H
Millwall H
Bristol City H

Forest A
Sheff Utd H
Ipswich A
Bolton H

Bristol City is away. We beat them 2-1 at home.
He is not pointing out our fixtures they are Barnsleys
15:42, Mon 12 Mar
These are Barnsley's fixtures, not Blues'
@LeMod1875
15:43, Mon 12 Mar
Sorry. This is god damn stressful. Lets get the yorkshire tea drinkers next 2 games out the way and see where we stand
15:45, Mon 12 Mar
:D

No probs, I'm gonna take a break now and cross my fingers and toes.
@LeMod1875
16:04, Mon 12 Mar
other than Burton who i have written off, i would just say look at Hulls away games and home are not much better. lol

Away
IPSWICH D
B-HAM...L
WOLVES..L
BURTON..D
B-CITY..L
BRENT/F.L
TOTAL...2 POINTS

HOME
VILLA...L
QPR.....D/W
SHEF WED D
CARDIFF.L
TOTAL...2 OR 4 POINTS

TOTAL 4 OR 6 POINTS. I think you would be brave to suggest more than 4 but they could beat Ipswich i guess but would put money on draw their
16:09, Mon 12 Mar
Le Mod
:D

No probs, I'm gonna take a break now and cross my fingers and toes.
I have even got me eyes crossed.:D
zxcv
Brother Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
zxcv
Brother Tam, Genius Zillionaire and Fantasist
zxcv
Le Mod
5 out of the next 7 at home
Take a look at Burtons games they are gone.So are hull imo

BURTON.
SHEFF WED A
WOLVES A
CARDIFF A
BORO H
B-HAM A
HULL H
DERBY H
S/LAND A
BOLTON H
PRESTON A

HULL
IPSWICH A
B-HAM A
VILLA H
WOLVES A
QPR H
BURTON A
SEF WED H
BRISTOL A
CARDIFF H
BRENT/F A

Hull? Unfortunately, we have to get seven points just to overtake them, so I can't see us doing that. I think, realistically, it's Barnsley, or Bolton (if we could beat them) that are our targets to catch, although Reading have a tricky set of fixtures. Wednesday have got a tough few games coming up, but we need nine points to overtake them.
you think Burton can stay up? lol not a cat in hells chance they`ll be lucky to get 4 more points look closely at their fixtures

No, I don't - that's why I just questioned your choice of Hull, not Burton.
But you said Barnsley or Bolton so its also Burton yes, I hi-lighted Hull AND Burton

Yes, I wasn't questioning your choice of Burton. I think they'll go down. I don't think we'll catch Hull - as long as we do as well as Burton, we'll finish above them. I'm looking at the teams that we could realistically catch.
The belle of St Trillions
Why are people counting sunderland as already down? They are no worse than us.

We somehow have to win hull ipswich burton at home and try fluke an extra win off bolton or sheff unt.

The 3 home games are shit or bust though.
16:30, Mon 12 Mar
I'm not sure people are, it's just that if Sunderland finish above us then we're quite obviously down, so it's not really worth considering.

It's a given that we're gonna need to stay above Burton and Sunderland to have any chance at all.
@LeMod1875
16:34, Mon 12 Mar
Someone is going to throw a mini run together soon. I just dont know if it will be us.

Burton have got the most spirit of anybody down there.

Cant help but think them millwall & barnsley home games was the nail in our coffin.
I reckon it's 45 points for safety or maybe 44 with a decent goal difference

The question is, from our last 9 games, where do we get the 15 points, thats FIVE wins, or FOUR wins and three draws.

Barnsley will pick up points in their next three home games, it's pretty much nailed on that its Sunderland Burton and us, unless something remarkable happens.

Regardless of new management we are littered with errors all over the park and we do not have the same fight in us as previous seasons, and having survived the last chance saloon twice in recent seasons I think this year it's beyond us.

The only crumb of comfort here is that I'm more confident for next season with Monk in charge.
johnthefence
I reckon 45 points safety or maybe 44 with a decent goal difference

The question is, from our last 9 games, where do we get the 15 points, thats FIVE wins, or FOUR wins and three draws.

Barnsley will pick up points in their next three home games, it's pretty much nailed on that its Sunderland Burton and us, unless something remarkable happens.

Regardless of new management we are littered with errors all over the park and we do not have the same fight in us as previous seasons, and having survived the last chance saloon twice in recent seasons I think this year it's beyond us.

The only crumb of comfort here is that I'm more confident for next season with Monk in charge.

Yes, that's pretty much my feelings, John, particularly with most of the Axis of Incompetence, Dein and Vetere, binned. I was really pleased at that.
16:43, Mon 12 Mar
Monk wont stay if we drop. No chance.

The games we have left are winnable. We cant ask for 3 better home games than hull ipswich burton.

Only ourselves to blame if we cant muster wins out of them. Just hope the fans turn up saturday and get as many as we can.

We need it.
16:48, Mon 12 Mar
Yeah we need a bumper crowd on saturday... even if it frightens the players lol

this seems a more desperate situation than last season for some reason, i feel genuinely gutted as it looks like we are doomed.

i also don't think monk would stay.

if he goes then look lower league, Paul Hurst or a tisdale or the lincoln boss.
Beware! I bear more grudges than lonely high court judges
Marstonblue

The games we have left are winnable. We cant ask for 3 better home games than hull ipswich burton.

Only ourselves to blame if we cant muster wins out of them. Just hope the fans turn up saturday and get as many as we can.

We need it.

I don't know if he'll go (of course). A three and a half year contract is a pretty substantial one to break, although we don't know of any release clauses. He's brought his entire backroom staff in as well, so it doesn't strike me as just a firefighting job. Who knows though? A relegation won't enhance his CV, so whether a top job would come along quickly is a matter of conjecture.

Perhaps I'm clutching at straws. There's a lot of it about at the minute.
16:53, Mon 12 Mar
Marstonblue

We need it.
Exactly very winnable but all some can see is other teams picking up points when we have maybe the best run in of all.Amazing.
Lets just take on game at a time and hope the two Norfolk/Suffolk teams can win tomorrow.

If Ipswich beat Hull tomorrow and we beat them at stans on Saturday HOW many points will we be behind them. er just goal diff level on points. in ONE GAME.