This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

This is what Birmingham City boss Garry Monk had to say about Harlee Dean's red card

Birmingham Mail
14:55, Sunday 15 April 2018
BCFC defender Dean was sent off for the second time this season against WWFC at Molineux

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Re: This is what Birmingham City boss Garry Monk had to say about Harlee Dean's red card

Scoobers replying to Birmingham Mail
14:58, Sunday 15 April 2018
"I had Ndoye in the sweepstake ..." 8-)
Tweet Topic

Re: This is what Birmingham City boss Garry Monk had to say about Harlee Dean's red card

Le Mod replying to Birmingham Mail
15:02, Sunday 15 April 2018
I think Garry is misinterpreting the rules, a red was correct, if it had been in the box and therefore a pen then a yellow would have been given as the penalty is deemed punishment enough.
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

Istanblue replying to Le Mod
15:25, Sunday 15 April 2018
It's one of those where as a neutral and a referee you'd say the red is fair enough. As a blues fan and a ref I'd argue that with the doghead having played the ball so far ahead of himself and the keeper rushing out, it wasn't necessarily a clear goalscoring opportunity. But that's clutching straws.

Either way, it was a stupid hospital pass from Morrison that put us in big trouble and put Dean in a position where the ref was given the chance to show a red. Entirely our own fault.
Tweet Topic

Malala Yousafzai replying to Istanblue
15:53, Sunday 15 April 2018
Is that one game only out or three?
Wigan Pier.
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to Malala Yousafzai
16:00, Sunday 15 April 2018
"Denying a clear goalscoring opportunity" would be a one-match ban, but as it's his second red card this season, it will be a 2-match ban.
Tweet Topic

Predator replying to Jim
16:19, Sunday 15 April 2018
If dean misses two games and it’s not overturned we are in even bigger trouble, I think that could seal our fate, Dean is our best centre back and a leader
Tweet Topic

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar replying to Malala Yousafzai
16:22, Sunday 15 April 2018
Malala Yousafzai
Is that one game only out or three?

From bbc.com

“Former Brentford defender Dean's season could now be over with his second dismissal of the campaign likely to result in a four-match ban - although Blues are set to appeal the decision.”
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to Sir Digby Chicken Caesar
16:35, Sunday 15 April 2018

From bbc.com

“Former Brentford defender Dean's season could now be over with his second dismissal of the campaign likely to result in a four-match ban - although Blues are set to appeal the decision.”

I think the BBC have got it wrong - unless he was sent off for a straight red card offence of violent conduct or a reckless & dangerous tackle, in which case it would be 3 + 1.
Tweet Topic

SOBLUE replying to Jim
16:47, Sunday 15 April 2018
I’m with Jim on this. I thought it was a one match ban but forgot he’d already had a previous red. So it’s two matches surely.

We have to appeal it, but I think our chances are slim.

With Roberts & Morrison set to play two games at CB, I really fear the worst now. I’d even look at Harding instead of Roberts. Then put Colin at RB and Grounds at LB. For me, Harding has a much better big match temperament & more confidence than Roberts. But then Grounds is a risk right now. I hope GM knows what he’s doing v Blades, as I wasn’t convinced today.
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to SOBLUE
16:53, Sunday 15 April 2018
How do you get that Harding has a better big match temperament than Roberts?

And why is Grounds a risk?

Grounds was as good as the rest of the back 4 today, and Roberts did nothing wrong when he came on. People just blame the usual targets instead of saying what happened in the game.

Kieftenbeld was awful today, Davis ponderous too. It's one game though. It's gone
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

SOBLUE replying to Rab C Nesbitt
17:12, Sunday 15 April 2018
Rab C Nesbitt
... People just blame the usual targets instead of saying what happened in the game.

Kieftenbeld was awful today, Davis ponderous too....

I think you’re guilty of blaming the usual targets, there, Tam.:D
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to SOBLUE
17:14, Sunday 15 April 2018
SOBLUE
Rab C Nesbitt
... People just blame the usual targets instead of saying what happened in the game.

No, I'm saying what happened, Rupert :D
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to SOBLUE
17:22, Sunday 15 April 2018
SOBLUE
Rab C Nesbitt

Blimey, I never said anything. :(
Please don't eat yellow snow. It means that there's less for me.
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
17:23, Sunday 15 April 2018
It's all your fault!

:D
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to Jim
17:24, Sunday 15 April 2018
Jim
It's all your fault!

:D

It's just like being married! :D
Please don't eat yellow snow. It means that there's less for me.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »