This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

Team on Saturday

PerthBlue
02:29, Monday 16 April 2018
Stockdale
Colin Morrison Roberts Grounds
Jota Gardner Davis Maghoma
Gallagher Adams

As well as Hardings done i think we need a better attacking threat down the right and Colin is a better choice especially with Grounds back he should be playing, lets ave em 2-0 Blues
Tweet Topic

Re: Team on Saturday

Brummagen replying to PerthBlue
06:59, Monday 16 April 2018
Absolutely no way should Harding not be playing. He offers more of an attacking threat than Grounds which means Colin at left back.

Rustiness or not the people who were saying we miss Grounds have now hopefully remembered how hopeless he is.
Tweet Topic

Rail replying to Brummagen
08:07, Monday 16 April 2018
Brummagen
Absolutely no way should Harding not be playing. He offers more of an attacking threat than Grounds which means Colin at left back.

Rustiness or not the people who were saying we miss Grounds have now hopefully remembered how hopeless he is.

A voice of reason.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Rail
08:19, Monday 16 April 2018
It will be:

Stockdale,
Harding, Morro, Roberts, Colin
Jota, Davis, Ndoye, Mags,
Adams, Juke
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to Rail
08:22, Monday 16 April 2018
Not really. Grounds has been our most consistent player this season. The manager felt that he should start yesterday so he obviously doesn't share your feelings, and I think I'd trust his assessment of our squad more than internet contributors.
Please don't eat yellow snow. It means that there's less for me.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
08:24, Monday 16 April 2018
Grounds started yesterday to give Mags a rest. That's why Colin went wide right. It was obvious the game plan was keep it tight and try to nick something later on.
Tweet Topic

greebo joe replying to Slightly Turbid
08:27, Monday 16 April 2018
How about a back 4 of Harding Morrison Grounds Colin. Roberts scares me.
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to greebo joe
08:30, Monday 16 April 2018

How about a back 4 of Harding Morrison Grounds Colin.

Or

Colin Harding Morrison Grounds

which has the benefit of a right-back on the right and a left-back on the left, with two centre-backs in the middle.
Tweet Topic

greebo joe replying to Jim
08:34, Monday 16 April 2018
Two right footed centre backs though.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to greebo joe
08:43, Monday 16 April 2018
Yes for the most important game in the club's history (since last week) its a good idea to mix up the defence as much as possible.

Maybe Gardner could play a Beckenbaur-esque sweeper role with Mags and Jota as attacking full backs, Juke's tall and good in the air he can play centre half.
Tweet Topic

denbcfc replying to Brummagen
08:50, Monday 16 April 2018
thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Malala Yousafzai replying to Jim
08:59, Monday 16 April 2018
Yes, please not Roberts.
Wigan Pier.
Tweet Topic

My Blue Heaven replying to PerthBlue
09:01, Monday 16 April 2018
Id play Grounds left side of central defence
Tweet Topic

TheBlueNation replying to PerthBlue
10:35, Monday 16 April 2018
Where’s Magna when you need him??
Tweet Topic

e17blue replying to TheBlueNation
10:38, Monday 16 April 2018
Dean may still get his red card undone.
The club are going to challenge the decision they felt should have been a yellow card offence.
Tweet Topic

Jim replying to PerthBlue
10:38, Monday 16 April 2018
Someone will no doubt be along shortly to tell us we can't play Adams because he's been out for 3 games and so is not match fit.

:D
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to e17blue
10:53, Monday 16 April 2018
e17blue
The club are going to challenge the decision they felt should have been a yellow card offence.

We can but hope. Looked pretty clear to me that he stopped a goal scoring opportunity, not sure the authorities will see it any other way and not sure they should. Put it this way, if that had happened against us we'd expect a red card.
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to Slightly Turbid
11:04, Monday 16 April 2018
One of Kief or Davis has got to be dropped. Ndoye (although still dreadful) looked a lot better yesterday.

Roberts cannot start and hopefully Grounds does move to the left of the centre half pairing.

Would be a shame to drop Juke as he has worked his knackers off, although missing loads of chances. Cant see Gallagher being thrown straight in anyhow, prob be on the bench.
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

Bjorn Otto Bragstad replying to Slightly Turbid
11:39, Monday 16 April 2018
Cwaig was shockingly shoite on Sunday. Bet he waved his arms to the crowd telling them to 'get up for it'. The man owes us a goal in these next few games
Tweet Topic

GMZA replying to Bjorn Otto Bragstad
12:04, Monday 16 April 2018
Why are you spelling his name like that? :?
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Tweet Topic

GMZA replying to Slightly Turbid
12:06, Monday 16 April 2018
Slightly Turbid
e17blue

We can but hope. Looked pretty clear to me that he stopped a goal scoring opportunity, not sure the authorities will see it any other way and not sure they should. Put it this way, if that had happened against us we'd expect a red card.

Absolutely, I hope we don't get it extended for another frivolous appeal. We should never have appealed the Adams one.

He clearly stopped a stonewall goal scoring opportunity, that's a red card. I don't know what rule change Monk is referring to.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Tweet Topic

sheffield blue replying to Slightly Turbid
12:07, Monday 16 April 2018
Slightly Turbid
It will be:

Stockdale,
Harding, Morro, Roberts, Colin
Jota, Davis, Ndoye, Mags,
Adams, Juke

Swap Gardener for Ndoye and I am with you.
Tweet Topic

LondonBlue replying to PerthBlue
15:03, Monday 16 April 2018
---------------stockdale----------------

--colin---roberts---morrison---grounds--

-----------gardner---davis--------------

------- jota---adams---maghoma----------

------------jutkiewicz------------------
Tweet Topic

Nath replying to LondonBlue
15:11, Monday 16 April 2018
Why would you change the formation?

No sense in that.

Stockdale, Harding, Morrison, Roberts, Colin, Jota, Kieftenbeld, Davis, Maghoma, Juke, Adams.
Tweet Topic

LondonBlue replying to Nath
15:21, Monday 16 April 2018
I'd more of a 442 with Adams playing off Jutkiewicz.

I hope Kieftenbeld is nowhere the starting 11 on Saturday personally.
Tweet Topic

Nath replying to LondonBlue
15:44, Monday 16 April 2018
Yeah me too, but thats what I think he will play, not what I would like.

Gardner and Davis in the middle if I had my way
Tweet Topic

theblueprune replying to LondonBlue
15:45, Monday 16 April 2018
Reckon there are only two decisions to be made, assuming Gallagher only makes the bench:

1. Do we keep Harding in there? He still gets caught out of position at times, but despite that he's put some good performances in and probably deserves to keep his spot.

2. CM pairing. Kief had an off-game on Sunday, no doubt - but do we risk N'Doye? I wouldn't have Gardner start, no way. If Davis is there, and he will be, it's out of those three, and I could understand keeping Kief for his (relative!) mobility.

First goal is going to be massive, gotta admit I'm dreading Saturday but a good crowd and a solid opening 20mins and I think we can do it thumbs up
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to GMZA
15:47, Monday 16 April 2018
GMZA
Slightly Turbid
e17blue

Absolutely, I hope we don't get it extended for another frivolous appeal. We should never have appealed the Adams one.

He clearly stopped a stonewall goal scoring opportunity, that's a red card. I don't know what rule change Monk is referring to.

Think they will argue that Harding was coming around on the cover and may have got to the attacker. Pretty tenuous though, tbf.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Bluemarc81
15:48, Monday 16 April 2018
Bluemarc81
One of Kief or Davis has got to be dropped. Ndoye (although still dreadful) looked a lot better yesterday.

Roberts cannot start and hopefully Grounds does move to the left of the centre half pairing.

Would be a shame to drop Juke as he has worked his knackers off, although missing loads of chances. Cant see Gallagher being thrown straight in anyhow, prob be on the bench.

Keef. For a few weeks i've seen him just sloppily give the ball away and he did it a couple of crucial times against wolves too. I like him, but to me lately he's stood out for the wrong reasons.
Tweet Topic

davenports replying to Bjorn Otto Bragstad
11:53, Tuesday 17 April 2018
Bjorn Otto Bragstad
Cwaig was shockingly shoite on Sunday. Bet he waved his arms to the crowd telling them to 'get up for it'. The man owes us a goal in these next few games
I don,t get this ,he was only on the pitch for about 15 minutes sunday , hardly enough time to be classed as "shockingly shoite"
I suppose the extremely clever and hilarious mis- spelling of his name is a dig at blues fans who think he ,s not that bad ?
8-)
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »