This site is using cookies: We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide certain features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. If you have not used your browser settings to prevent this website from setting cookies then we consider that you have given your consent for us to use them. [More Details]

10 men

Slightly Turbid
08:27, Monday 16 April 2018
Did anybody else think we acquitted ourselves very well after the sending off yesterday? I actually thought, if anything we slightly improved. I put this squarely down to the fact that Keif was subbed for Roberts and that removed him from the pitch. In effect before Dean was sent off we had already played all the game with 10 men anyway.
Tweet Topic

Re: 10 men

John_Smullen replying to Slightly Turbid
08:32, Monday 16 April 2018
We lost HTH.
Never give someone the opportunity to waste your time twice.
Tweet Topic

Le Mod replying to Slightly Turbid
08:37, Monday 16 April 2018
Wolves barely tried
@LeMod1875
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Le Mod
08:40, Monday 16 April 2018
Le Mod
Wolves barely tried

I know, the same could be said for Keif.
Tweet Topic

Tilton shark replying to Slightly Turbid
09:36, Monday 16 April 2018
We were far better once Mags came on and if Juke had passed the ball we would prob have got away with a draw.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
Tweet Topic

David Xavis replying to Slightly Turbid
09:51, Monday 16 April 2018
Slightly Turbid
Le Mod
Wolves barely tried

I know, the same could be said for Keif.

He has been awful the last few games.
Tweet Topic

GMZA replying to David Xavis
09:56, Monday 16 April 2018
Actually laughable that someone would accuse Kieftenbeld of not trying though isn't it?

It's literally his best attribute, his effort and closing down.

He's not a very good footballer when he's not in form, I'd swap him out for Gardner on Saturday.

I have to say in general, the reaction by some on here to the result and performance yesterday is absolutely horrendous.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to GMZA
10:02, Monday 16 April 2018
Not sure it is laughable though is it? Asleep for they're first goal. All he did was arrive late for tackles and pass square to Wolves players.

As I said in the OP he went off when we went down to 10 men and there was no discernible difference.
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to GMZA
10:02, Monday 16 April 2018
GMZA
Actually laughable that someone would accuse Kieftenbeld of not trying though isn't it?

He's not a very good footballer when he's not in form, I'd swap him out for Gardner on Saturday.

I have to say in general, the reaction by some on here to the result and performance yesterday is absolutely horrendous.

I certainly agree with you - Kieftenbeld is a trier, you have to give him that. His footballing attributes don't amount to much, in all honesty, but his endeavour gets him a game.
Please don't eat yellow snow. It means that there's less for me.
Tweet Topic

GMZA replying to Slightly Turbid
10:04, Monday 16 April 2018
Wolves have scored that exact goals dozens of times this season, better teams than us haven't stopped it.

As the WM commentator said, you know Mike Tyson's left hook is coming but try and stop it.

Yes it is laughable, to hear people talk we were an embarrassment. We put a good shift in and could have been in the lead, it was a bonus game.

People need to get some perspective. My post wasn't aimed at your opinion specifically, you were quite measured. It was others.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Tweet Topic

GMZA replying to Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
10:05, Monday 16 April 2018
Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
GMZA

I certainly agree with you - Kieftenbeld is a trier, you have to give him that. His footballing attributes don't amount to much, in all honesty, but his endeavour gets him a game.

And when he is good, he actually looks a decent little player. He can turn out of trouble and find a pass well, he was like that for several games and has reverted back to his base level.

Definitely needs a break.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Tweet Topic

Brother Tam, the deep fat friar replying to GMZA
10:06, Monday 16 April 2018
GMZA
Brother Tam, the deep fat friar
GMZA

And when he is good, he actually looks a decent little player. He can turn out of trouble and find a pass well, he was like that for several games and has reverted back to his base level.

Definitely needs a break.

That's a fair point - when he's on his passing, it's decent, when he's not (which is a lot of the time recently) it's shocking at times.
Please don't eat yellow snow. It means that there's less for me.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to GMZA
10:20, Monday 16 April 2018
GMZA
Wolves have scored that exact goals dozens of times this season, better teams than us haven't stopped it.

As the WM commentator said, you know Mike Tyson's left hook is coming but try and stop it.

Yes it is laughable, to hear people talk we were an embarrassment. We put a good shift in and could have been in the lead, it was a bonus game.

People need to get some perspective. My post wasn't aimed at your opinion specifically, you were quite measured. It was others.

Appreciate the sentiments and agree that some of the bed wetting on here since yesterday has been over the top. Yesterday was a free hit, Monk went with the right strategy and there was definitely a point there for the taking against a Wolves side that really weren't trying. It would probably have worked as well if we hadn't been playing with 10 men for 90 minutes.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to GMZA
10:20, Monday 16 April 2018
Wolves are an outstanding team at this level, they will end up with 100 points. That's top by any standards.

We gave it a go. They were obviously much better than us, they are much better than anybody in this division.

But despite that, Ruddy made a very good double save at 0-0, a cracking save from Maghoma at 1-0, and there was another scramble late on.

It would have been easy for us to fold, but we didn't.

Perspective is exactly what people need.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to Slightly Turbid
10:23, Monday 16 April 2018
I didn't think Monk got it quite right, especially in the first half.

We kept ending up with our Jota, isolated against Costa, which was obviously going to get messy. Jota worked hard and got into positions...but that Costa is like an eel coated in Vaseline - even for a good defender to handle.

It wasn't a million miles away, just slightly off in my opinion.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Spike
10:40, Monday 16 April 2018
Spot on Spike.

Let's hope Wolves turn up at Bolton.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Spike
13:19, Monday 16 April 2018
Spike
Wolves are an outstanding team at this level, they will end up with 100 points. That's top by any standards.

We gave it a go. They were obviously much better than us, they are much better than anybody in this division.

But despite that, Ruddy made a very good double save at 0-0, a cracking save from Maghoma at 1-0, and there was another scramble late on.

Nailed it Spike
Absolutely this.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Steve Whitton replying to Spike
13:20, Monday 16 April 2018
Spike

Yes not sure if watching live or on tv gives a different opinion but thought we did really well against an excellent team.. It was an hard atmosphere to play in too... Fans and team were buoyant and us as fans were very quiet throughout,.. Thought Harding looked bright 2nd half. Davis and Kief looked well off the pace...
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Spike
15:13, Monday 16 April 2018
Spike
I didn't think Monk got it quite right, especially in the first half.

We kept ending up with our Jota, isolated against Costa, which was obviously going to get messy. Jota worked hard and got into positions...but that Costa is like an eel coated in Vaseline - even for a good defender to handle.

It wasn't a million miles away, just slightly off in my opinion.
I said yesterday we did well. Jota and Davis should have been playing in each others positions though
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Rab C Nesbitt
15:53, Monday 16 April 2018
Agree with that Rab.
I did come away from watching that though strangely chipper - yes we had a footballing lesson and yes they were streets ahead of us, but the fight and endeavour we showed gives me huge hope for the last 3 games. The excuse was there for our lads to throw the towel in and they didn't.
We created more with less men than Derby did, who came with a similar game plan to us but with a much more talented squad.
My chins were up after the game.
Tweet Topic

philly_bluenose replying to Bluesince62
16:00, Monday 16 April 2018
None of us really expected anything except for a defeat and possibly a good hiding.

In truth, we could have taken a point (though scoring might have woken Wolves up a bit).

Three games to go, and if we keep creating this many chances, I think we'll be fine. We just need a bit of luck.

KRO.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to philly_bluenose
16:02, Monday 16 April 2018
Agree, last day job you know it, but I'm hoping we've got enough - I certainly think we've got the right man in charge, at least thumbs up
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »