Dead .. Speedway great

Southside Blue
10:37, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Ivan Mauger
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
Tweet Topic

Re: Dead .. Speedway great

Southside Blue replying to Southside Blue
18:54, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Fer Christs sake ! .... is no one over 50 going to comment ?
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
Tweet Topic

Liam daish and his trumpet replying to Southside Blue
19:09, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Mr golden bike himself. Shame to hear that.
He was a very steady Eddie and no Bruce penhall but he did sign my program at Perry Barr in the seventies!
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Southside Blue
19:49, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Couldn’t put the brakes on
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

weaponsguru replying to Liam daish and his trumpet
19:50, Monday 16 Apr 2018
A great rider

Rip
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Rab C Nesbitt
19:51, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Turned his last corner.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Dougie Bell replying to Bluesince62
21:47, Monday 16 Apr 2018
A speedway great. RIP.
That was liquid football!
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Liam daish and his trumpet
21:53, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Liam daish and his trumpet
He was a very steady Eddie and no Bruce penhall but he did sign my program at Perry Barr in the seventies!
In fairness he achieved far more than Penhall. Another one ruined by dementia. Shame
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

B13blues replying to Southside Blue
21:56, Monday 16 Apr 2018
RIP
The name does ring a bell and I have never been interested in speedway.
Tweet Topic

Bobharford replying to B13blues
23:57, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Up there with Arthur Lamkin
Tweet Topic

Rags replying to Liam daish and his trumpet
01:38, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018

"Steady Eddie" ? .... he was World Champion about seven times and was treated like a God in New Zealand. Made Belle Vue almost unbeatable for a period of 5 years.

You not getting him confused with George Major who rode for the Brummies in the 70's with Alan Grahame, Andy Grahame, Arthur Browning, Phil Herne, Carl Askew etc ?
Tweet Topic

Liam daish and his trumpet replying to Rags
07:36, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Steady Eddie as in his riding style not on what he achieved, which was unbelievable and yes along with Barry Briggs God like in New Zealand.

I thought Bruce penhall in his short period of riding was the most exciting rider I had ever seen at the time.

George major?? Old banana boots himself! Some of them names brought back some memories especially Carl askew.
Tweet Topic

Southside Blue replying to Rags
12:00, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Rags
[

. he was World Champion about seven times and was treated like a God in New Zealand. Made Belle Vue almost unbeatable for a period of 5 years.o

?
. Six times .... Holier than thou , who is on Maugers adopted home , The Gold Coast , as we cyber speak , mentioned Mauger to a New Zealander recently .Hed never heard of him ! ... I couldn't help be be VERY disappointed last night , Sky Sports News was on in my living room last night and not once did they mention his passing . However , Chesterfields goalkeeper has been offered a new contract , which was obviously more newsworthy . I saw Nigel Boocock beat Ivan Mauger in a match race to win The Golden Helmet in 1969 (?) when both were at their peak . Maugers peak was obviously higher than our Nigel's ... I never liked Mauger , in the 1969 World final , having secured the title by winning his first four rides , he " threw " his last . This got his BelleVue team mate Soren Sjosten third place on the rostrum . Nigel Boocock would have got it otherwise .
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »