Birmingham Mail
14:10, Monday 16 Apr 2018
BCFC man was sent off in Sunday's 2-0 defeat

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]
Tweet Topic

Re: Birmingham City review their stance on Harlee Dean red card

Tilton shark replying to Birmingham Mail
14:19, Monday 16 Apr 2018
If you want to read without your pc getting sucked into a dark hole.....

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Upshot is 2 game ban accepted by Blues.
Turn left when you get on a plane.
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to Tilton shark
15:07, Monday 16 Apr 2018
If there was any justice Morrison would serve the ban for him...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Tweet Topic

Ribeye replying to number8
15:36, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Do you reckon if we put Dean in Marc Roberts kit for two games that the oppostion would notice?
Tweet Topic

Predator replying to Tilton shark
16:16, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Big loss for our two most vital games of the season
Tweet Topic

Little Miss Bliss replying to number8
18:55, Monday 16 Apr 2018
number8

thumbs up if there was any justice Morrison would get a Stockdale Special the same as Brammall did. The fliping careless idiot has cost us our best defender for two out of 3 of our biggest games of the season. Nob.
Honeydew is the worst part of everything it's in. It's the Jared Leto of fruit.
Tweet Topic

Bluestaines replying to Little Miss Bliss
19:08, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Little Miss Bliss
number8

thumbs up if there was any justice Morrison would get a Stockdale Special the same as Brammall did. The fliping careless idiot has cost us our best defender for two out of 3 of our biggest games of the season. Nob.

I'm sure he feels pretty bad about it. Jota cost us Grounds for a while with his hospital pass. He needs to get his head up and make up for it during these next games. As they all do. Same with Juke's missed chances.
Tweet Topic

Franz Beckenbrammal replying to Bluestaines
20:51, Monday 16 Apr 2018
I will never like jutk. Too selfish. He had a chance against burton where he was at a crazy angle with maghoma in the middle and he shot. Same against wolves ffs.

With wolves it should have been 1-1, then within a minute wolves go up the other end and make it 2-0.

Obviously Im fickle as Im a football fan, and if he scores the winner next game I will love him, but jesus christ that man pisses me off and we would be safe now if we put them two chances away.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Bluestaines
06:06, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Bluestaines
Little Miss Bliss
number8

I'm sure he feels pretty bad about it. Jota cost us Grounds for a while with his hospital pass. He needs to get his head up and make up for it during these next games. As they all do. Same with Juke's missed chances.

I appreciate the sentiment here but why is Dean getting off so lightly? He made a reckless thoughtless challenge that was always going to end in him getting sent off. We were already 1-0 down away at the league's best team, there was absolutely no reason to do it. In doing so not only did he pretty much remove any prospect of us getting anything out of that game but also leaves an already thin squad even thinner for two crucial must-win games. He also got hiumself sent off against Wolves at home for similar headless behaviour.

GM should fine him two weeks wages and warn him of future conduct.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to Slightly Turbid
09:10, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
I don't get the hate for Dean in this situation.

It's not like he did something unforgiveable. He didn't drop the nut on somebody, or chin a bloke.

He got dropped in the shit by Morrison and had one desperate attempt to try and get something on the ball - otherwise Wolves were clean through. His option was to stand off and let Wolves go through to probably score, and then what would people have said?
Tweet Topic

number8 replying to Spike
09:23, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Exactly, Morrison put him right in the shit. A choice to either follow Costa as he probably bangs in a second or try to make a tackle at full stretch. It probably was a red but arguably it kept us in the game - until Morrison played Wolves onside to finally give them their second...
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Tweet Topic

Magna 1,000,000 replying to Spike
09:26, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
I find it funny that

Birmingham 0-1 Wolves, Morrison hit a pass back to Grounds which went 10ft away directly to a Wolves player who jumped on it and scored.

Wolves 2-0 Birmingham, Morrison hit a pass back to Dean which went 10ft away directly to a Wolves player and Dean hacked him to the ground.

Stopped what was only going to be a goal, sacrifices himself for the Red and Wolves miss the resulting free-kick. Had more than a whiff of Suarez getting sent off for saving a goal from off the line against Ghana and they miss the resultant penalty.

Dean has 2 reds this season. Both against Wolves.

Dean sacrified himself for Morrisons sins. All hail Dean.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to number8
09:33, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Yep. I didn't have a problem with the red card to be fair.

It just seems like any time we have a bloke sent off some people want the player flogged. I can understand it in the case of, say, Jack Storer nutting somebody. Or even Dean getting involved when he didn't need to in the home game against Wolves.

But it's not exactly hard to get sent off these days at the best of times and I just think Sundays red card
was "one of them things". Dean just had a second to decide how he could get out of a problem somebody else gave him.
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Spike
09:36, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Spike
I don't get the hate for Dean in this situation.

It's not like he did something unforgiveable. He didn't drop the nut on somebody, or chin a bloke.

He got dropped in the shit by Morrison and had one desperate attempt to try and get something on the ball - otherwise Wolves were clean through. His option was to stand off and let Wolves go through to probably score, and then what would people have said?

And yet its ok to blame Morrison for his mistake. Dean didn't need to make the tackle, it was fairly clear that he wasn't going to win the ball, we were already 1-0 down against a team we expected to lose against. he didn't prevent a goal in fouling Costa he prevent a goal scoring opportunity and cost us a two game suspension as well as meaning we played the rest of the game with 10 men. If we had been winning, or even drawing, then I would have said ok he's taken one for the team to protect the result - which is exactly what Suarez did. If he doesn't make the tackle and Costa scores we still lose and it is then rightly Morrison's fault.

Can't see how Morrison can get brickbats for his part in the sending off yet Dean is somehow absolved of his responsibility.
Tweet Topic

Scoobers replying to Slightly Turbid
09:41, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Defenders in making mistakes shocker.

It happens.
Tweet Topic

Tarquin replying to Slightly Turbid
09:44, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
ANy defender would have attempted that tackle. On another day he would have got away with a yellow especially as Harding may have been deemed to be the last man and he was a good 40 yards from goal.
Sergio Lives
Tweet Topic

Bluubalders replying to Slightly Turbid
09:50, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Slightly Turbid
Bluestaines
Little Miss Bliss
number8

I appreciate the sentiment here but why is Dean getting off so lightly? He made a reckless thoughtless challenge that was always going to end in him getting sent off. We were already 1-0 down away at the league's best team, there was absolutely no reason to do it. In doing so not only did he pretty much remove any prospect of us getting anything out of that game but also leaves an already thin squad even thinner for two crucial must-win games. He also got hiumself sent off against Wolves at home for similar headless behaviour.

Glad you're not our centre half. By the time you'd cogitated all that through before deciding whether to make a challenge, Costa would have scored, done a lap of honour, and been back on the bench with a cigar. B)
Tweet Topic

Ron Saunders replying to Magna 1,000,000
10:54, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Magna 1,000,000
I find it funny that

Birmingham 0-1 Wolves, Morrison hit a pass back to Grounds which went 10ft away directly to a Wolves player who jumped on it and scored.

Wolves 2-0 Birmingham, Morrison hit a pass back to Dean which went 10ft away directly to a Wolves player and Dean hacked him to the ground.

Stopped what was only going to be a goal, sacrifices himself for the Red and Wolves miss the resulting free-kick. Had more than a whiff of Suarez getting sent off for saving a goal from off the line against Ghana and they miss the resultant penalty.

Dean has 2 reds this season. Both against Wolves.

Dean sacrified himself for Morrisons sins. All hail Dean.

I don’t know whether it’s due to the new age social media fan but so much bollox is written here with us turning into drama queens over the merest of setbacks.

Get a grip Morrison made a mistake, it happens, it’s why he is playing for us not someone better the same as the rest of our players. Why do we have to hang our own players out to dry constantly.

Since monk has restored Morrison to the side I think he has actually played well and been instrumental in our upturn in fortunes and forged an excellent partnership with Harley dean.

Six weeks ago we were as good as down now we are in a position whereby we would be majorly disappointed should we get relegated get behind the team because boy it makes a difference instead of picking the next escape goat out.
Tweet Topic

Bluubalders replying to Ron Saunders
13:30, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Totally agree. Morrison has, by and large been really good since coming back in. Like you say these players, particularely playing in a team that has performed so badly for a season and a half are going to make mistakes. It's a further reason - ie mentality as well as ability that I would replace Dean with Harding instead of Roberts.
Harding has performed well personally, and has been part of a much more positive atmosphere, (with a decent manager), during his time in the team
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Tarquin
13:51, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Tarquin
ANy defender would have attempted that tackle. On another day he would have got away with a yellow especially as Harding may have been deemed to be the last man and he was a good 40 yards from goal.

40 yards? Seriously? Are you serious? For reference the edge of the “d” is 22 yards!
Tweet Topic

Slightly Turbid replying to Bluubalders
13:56, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Bluubalders
Slightly Turbid
Bluestaines
Little Miss Bliss
number8

Glad you're not our centre half. By the time you'd cogitated all that through before deciding whether to make a challenge, Costa would have scored, done a lap of honour, and been back on the bench with a cigar. B)

Nice one but none sense. Professional footballers make split second decisions like this all the time. Good ones make more good decisions more often than bad ones. He didn’t have to slide in and he should have known he didn’t have to slide in at that moment.

This all points to evidence that suggests our centre halves aren’t very good.
Tweet Topic

Beesfan replying to Slightly Turbid
18:17, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
I think you are safe & hopefully we can beat Barnsley at the end of the month to help you.

But Harlee was also suspended for the start of the season having been sent off on the last day vs Blackburn at GP. So he's been sent off 3 times in less than a whole season.

Best of luck for the run in.
Tweet Topic

SOBLUE replying to Beesfan
19:19, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
Beesfan
I think you are safe & hopefully we can beat Barnsley at the end of the month to help you.

But Harlee was also suspended for the start of the season having been sent off on the last day vs Blackburn at GP. So he's been sent off 3 times in less than a whole season.

Best of luck for the run in.

Thanks for your support & input, Beesfan. A win v Barnsley would be jolly decent of you. A shame our neighbours couldn’t have been as helpful when they travelled to Bolton a few weeks ago.

I take your point re 3 Reds in one year, but I think Harlee has been unlucky with two of those, & he’s not a dirty player. I don’t blame him for the red on Sunday. Most CHs would have done the same. Morrison’s fault, but Morrison has played some very good games since he came back, so I wouldn’t knock him. If you’re a CH or a goalie, any mistake can be so costly. It’s inevitable that each of those players will cost you some goals. If it’s only one or two in a season, then I can live with that.
Tweet Topic

Beesfan replying to SOBLUE
20:06, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
I agree,it was fun taking the mickey out of him at GP but he was a great servant & very much a talisman who can play from the back and he shall be a loss to you.

I was sad to lose him but we wouldn't meet his pay demands and fair play young Chris Mepham has gone from Development centre half to Welsh International and subject to 2 Bournemouth bids on deadline in 6 months so I think both clubs can be pleased with the business undertaken.
Tweet Topic

Tony Hancock replying to Beesfan
20:21, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
I do like Brentford. They remind me of a FA cup winning Wimbledon. I like Burton Albion too.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »