Big Gamble

Bluemarc81
14:27, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Paddy Power reporting a massive gamble believed on two horses tonight at Tramore with punters steaming into the double.

Tornado Watch (17:50)
Sunday at Augusta (19:50)

Horses were 16-1 and 50-1 respectively last night, now best priced for both is 2/1 and 3/1.

I know nothing about the horses in question, but there may be a few Grand National winnings from some of you lot burning a hole in your pocket. Could be worth a cheeky tenner.
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

Re: Big Gamble

CheswickBlue replying to Bluemarc81
14:39, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Hmmm, could be worth my free bet from Sky this week
Tweet Topic

notts_blue replying to Bluemarc81
14:42, Monday 16 Apr 2018
The bookies are reporting it?
QB on Morrisey:"Imagine there's a person you've never met but whose songs you liked when you were a teenager and then years later he turns out to be a bit of a bellend..."
Tweet Topic

CheswickBlue replying to notts_blue
14:43, Monday 16 Apr 2018
It’s in the Racing Post

[www.racingpost.com]
Tweet Topic

notts_blue replying to CheswickBlue
14:45, Monday 16 Apr 2018
:D
QB on Morrisey:"Imagine there's a person you've never met but whose songs you liked when you were a teenager and then years later he turns out to be a bit of a bellend..."
Tweet Topic

BlueNoseinFrampton replying to notts_blue
14:50, Monday 16 Apr 2018
notts_blue
The bookies are reporting it?

And they now have plenty of time to massage the outcome in there favour!!!! At those short prices they don't reflect the true odds of the double happening
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to notts_blue
14:51, Monday 16 Apr 2018
If I recall there was a gamble on some similar price horses for Barney Curly a couple of years back.

A four timer at some sh1t gaff tracks that landed.

Sceptical about these things obviously, and to all tense and purposes it probably means lay the horse in question but its one of those, if I see the article I feel obliged to have an interest. Otherwise ill check the results later and end up kicking myself when its dropped in.
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

CheswickBlue replying to Bluemarc81
14:55, Monday 16 Apr 2018
I’ve just used my weekly free bet on it. If it don’t come in oh well, if it does, I’ll be £45 richer
Tweet Topic

BlueNoseinFrampton replying to Bluemarc81
15:01, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Bluemarc81
If I recall there was a gamble on some similar price horses for Barney Curly a couple of years back.

A four timer at some sh1t gaff tracks that landed.

Sceptical about these things obviously, and to all tense and purposes it probably means lay the horse in question but its one of those, if I see the article I feel obliged to have an interest. Otherwise ill check the results later and end up kicking myself when its dropped in.

Those that have backed it at big prices should just do that. Lay them both to win back much more than the original stake. Win win
Tweet Topic

DES replying to BlueNoseinFrampton
15:06, Monday 16 Apr 2018
I know nothing about betting, think its strictly for the benefit of the bookmaking fraternity, but many years back wasn't there some scam pulled on bookies by changing a horses name and running it on some remote track (exeter rings a bell)
Anyone recall it or was it a play for today I heard on radio!

KRO
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to DES
15:15, Monday 16 Apr 2018
DES
I know nothing about betting, think its strictly for the benefit of the bookmaking fraternity, but many years back wasn't there some scam pulled on bookies by changing a horses name and running it on some remote track (exeter rings a bell)

KRO

Nothing I recall Des.

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

DES replying to Bluemarc81
15:18, Monday 16 Apr 2018
It’s the voices! I hear them all the time lol
Tweet Topic

LucianoFigueroa replying to Bluemarc81
15:20, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Too late to back it now with odds that short but I'll keep an eye on this and be hoping the bookies get royally tonked!
Tweet Topic

DES replying to DES
15:27, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Bluemarc, it was that second barney curley story!

KRO
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to DES
15:33, Monday 16 Apr 2018
thumbs up

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Bluemarc81
15:40, Monday 16 Apr 2018
So you're telling people to back a double that was 866/1, but is now 11/1 :D
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Fat Buddha replying to DES
15:42, Monday 16 Apr 2018

KRO

It was Cartmel. A horse had deliberately run like shit to get a favourable weight in a shit handicap on a shit course without a blower. When the scoundrels started piling on in bookies all over the place it was too late to change the price at the track, so those involved made a killing
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to Fat Buddha
15:49, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Fat Buddha

KRO

It was Cartmel. A horse had deliberately run like shit to get a favourable weight in a shit handicap on a shit course without a blower. When the scoundrels started piling on in bookies all over the place it was too late to change the price at the track, so those involved made a killing
Back in the day the only way to contact on course bookies was by a telephone call. The track only had one phone and a Bloke was part of the sting and kept the only phone on course occupied :D after getting floods of bets in bookies shops, they couldn’t get that info to the bookies at the track and they got hammered too :D
A perfect coup
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to Rab C Nesbitt
15:57, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Rab C Nesbitt
So you're telling people to back a double that was 866/1, but is now 11/1 :D

I used the word 'Could' be worth a tenner, and pointed out an article about the money that's come for them. Unfortunately I wasn't privy to the backing of the horses when it was 866/1. I don't work for a bookies.

Wind your neck in.

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

16:07, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Cheeky
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to Rab C Nesbitt
16:23, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Rab C Nesbitt
Cheeky

;) I know your balls deep on this bet Rab. Hope it comes in for you mate

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to Bluemarc81
16:59, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Sky Bet wont let you do the double now :D

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

Salford Blue replying to Bluemarc81
17:55, Monday 16 Apr 2018
First one won
Tweet Topic

Bluewurst replying to Bluemarc81
17:59, Monday 16 Apr 2018
I got in at 12’s and 33’s

Assume everybody is on it, yeah?
@Bluewurst1875
Tweet Topic

Salford Blue replying to Bluewurst
19:09, Monday 16 Apr 2018
How much you had on Wursty?
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to Salford Blue
19:41, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Was on late tbh so only 2/1 and 3/1 with a tenner but still....

Can’t be a dodgy Irish race. It would still surprise me tbh if it beat 3 other horses owned by Mullins, Elliott and De Bromhead!

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

19:44, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Bluemarc81
Rab C Nesbitt
Cheeky

;) I know your balls deep on this bet Rab. Hope it comes in for you mate
Am I feck. I’m laying it on Betfair. It’s up against a winning pointer, having his first run for Willie Mullins and a couple of other decent sorts
Tweet Topic

brummiestu87 replying to Rab C Nesbitt
19:57, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Finished 2nd to Cuneo :(
Tweet Topic

Rab C Nesbitt replying to brummiestu87
20:00, Monday 16 Apr 2018
Lovely :D
Tweet Topic

notts_blue replying to Rab C Nesbitt
08:36, Tuesday 17 Apr 2018
:D
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »