13:00, Tue 15 May
Midfielder David Davis has agreed a new contract with the Club.Davis has signed a one-year extension to his present deal, keeping him at St. Andrew's until the summer of 2021 at least.Davis, 27, has again been an important performer for Blues in a tough year.

[www.bcfc.com]
13:04, Tue 15 May
(tu)

Hated by some, rated by proper fans
Signed new deal until 2021
13:02, Tue 15 May
who for?
13:03, Tue 15 May
Love Digga

Proper gay love
13:09, Tue 15 May
Not his best season. I think derby interest turned his head .
Hopefully now onward and upward
Still need better in midfield though
13:15, Tue 15 May
Ignatius J. Reilly
(tu)

Many would say the opposite.

Most ‘proper fans’ on here recognise that CM was a really poor area for us this last season. Davis has his strengths, but passing of the ball forwards to a teammate is not one of them. Mind you, he’s a master at the soft option of making a simple pass backwards. But then we can all do that.
13:18, Tue 15 May
SOBLUE
Ignatius J. Reilly
(tu)

Most ‘proper fans’ on here recognise that CM was a really poor area for us this last season. Davis has his strengths, but passing of the ball forwards to a teammate is not one of them. Mind you, he’s a master at the soft option of making a simple pass backwards. But then we can all do that.

THIS.

Tbh, he has scored some important goals in the past, however David Davis is not a player that's going to take you to the next level. The same goes for Dutch Mike. That's why Rowett wants to sign them. They are average championship players if truth be told.

Both are probably worth about 750k a piece in todays market which screams volumes. Tin hat ready
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
13:22, Tue 15 May
Ignatius J. Reilly
(tu)

Don't think anybody 'hates' him.

Awarded the Supporters' POTS award last year so he is appreciated, but at the same time he hasn't been great under Redknapp or Cotterill and his limitations are often exposed, but we've been weak in central midfield for a while now. We don't possess any real technical ability in that area.
13:24, Tue 15 May
Bluemarc81
SOBLUE
Ignatius J. Reilly
(tu)

THIS.

Tbh, he has scored some important goals in the past, however David Davis is not a player that's going to take you to the next level. The same goes for Dutch Mike. That's why Rowett wants to sign them. They are average championship players if truth be told.

Both are probably worth about 750k a piece in todays market which screams volumes. Tin hat ready

Agree with what you say regarding Kieftenbeld. Davis however is a good player and I am glad he is staying.

A player put there to break up play and give the ball to a more creative player to cause problems. No he won't unlock defenses with his passing, but he's not actually there for that. He has a different job and he does it well
Blues midfielder David Davis has extended his stay at the club to at least 2021. Garry Monk installed faith in the 27-year-old, selecting him in all eight games during his reign. Since signing in 2014, Davis has made 167 appearances and scored 11 goals. The former Wolves man has played his part in s

[bcfcfollowers.com]
13:33, Tue 15 May
Ok, but I still think we can get better than Davis at doing that job, same goes for N'Doye obviously. Personally if possible id be replacing all 3 of them. But.....Trust Monk in his decisions.
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
13:33, Tue 15 May
Interesting that even with FFP sanctions apparently looming over us, new contract been issued, presumably increasing the wage bill.
Jim
13:37, Tue 15 May
According to the Blues website report, this is a contract extension that pre-dates Monk, having been agreed at the turn of the year.
13:42, Tue 15 May
Goals against villa and wolves. He'll do for me Tom.
13:49, Tue 15 May
SOBLUE
Ignatius J. Reilly
(tu)

Not everyone can.
People really don't realise how far above the norm a pro footballer is ability wise.
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
more than happy with either davis or keift to be involved in our central midfield, but not both of them
13:51, Tue 15 May
I remember a bloke on here saying that you could pick any lad out of the Tilton and they'd do better than N’Doye :D
13:57, Tue 15 May
That was class :D he stuck with it and argued for a good couple of days, so I’ll give him that
14:00, Tue 15 May
I’m sure it was a regular poster as well. Can’t remember exactly who it was, but I’d like them to own up to it :D
14:15, Tue 15 May
TrevorFr​ancisTrackSuits
more than happy with either davis or keift to be involved in our central midfield, but not both of them

Exactly right I reckon.

Davis and Kieftenbeld are similar players, Davis probably a bit better.

Neither much good at passing , both very high energy and can get about trying to win the ball - which may not be sexy but is important.

You keep them both and use them both in turn so that you always have that energy in midfield. If you play them both at the same time you kill the midfield a bit.

Now what we need is someone in there who can pass the ball a bit better.
Bluemarc81
SOBLUE
Ignatius J. Reilly
(tu)

THIS.

I agree
Brilliant Scoobs nice one (tu)

Proper mare from lowercaser :D
14:30, Tue 15 May
Davis has probably been our most important player over the last 3 years, although many would not like to admit that.

Great to see that he's signed an extension.
No future.....
14:36, Tue 15 May
Not sure about this.

I like Davis, but it seems like we're rewarding failure again.

"Just about managing to stay up every season? Well then here's your new contract with pay-rise!".
Dong Ren Out.