13:31, Wed 16 May
Ricky
Stir Crazy
End of the matter!

(tu) That's right,We bad,we don't take no shit
13:34, Wed 16 May
Felon.
15:45, Wed 16 May
Escape from New York was a cracker in it's day, a little dated now but Snake Bliskin what a name.
15:51, Wed 16 May
Locked up Lezzas VI
Luckily, the amount of heroin I use is harmless. I inject about once a month on a purely recreational basis. Fine. But what about other people less stable, less educated, less middle-class than me? Builders or blacks for example. If you're one of those, my advice to you is leave well alone. Good luck.
15:52, Wed 16 May
Pigeon
Un proph├Ęte

This. Tremendous film.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
15:59, Wed 16 May
The Hurricane - Denzel Washington, true story about a young black boxer (rubin carter) framed for murder
So much more than just a 'prison film' though, its in my top 5 films of all time

Anyone else seen this?
16:00, Wed 16 May
A Bob Dylan song as well
16:16, Wed 16 May
sandpit72
Scum, although a borstal rather than a Prison.
This was a horrible film. I remember watching it when i was probably about 14 and its stayed with me.
17:35, Wed 16 May
The Hill - black and white film from the 60's starring Sean Connery and Roy Kinnear (bizarely). Before Connery became famous as James Bond

Set in a military prison in Africa in WW2.

Absolute belter of a film, you'll be gripped from beginning to end.
19:20, Wed 16 May
"Le Trou"
A Man Escaped
"Bring back the ladder"
19:25, Wed 16 May
Starred up
19:25, Wed 16 May
Laurel and Hardy - Pardon Us
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
19:43, Wed 16 May
Englishblue
The Hurricane - Denzel Washington, true story about a young black boxer (rubin carter) framed for murder
So much more than just a 'prison film' though, its in my top 5 films of all time

Anyone else seen this?

Good shout ....never forgave him for stealing my username

However, although he was eventually pardoned and released and there was also strong support for him from the media and even celebrities such as Bob Dylan who wrote a hit single about his story, there was also strong evidence put out there that he was in fact guilty of his heinous crime and wasn't framed as most claimed

(tu)
Two way stretch - Peter sellers and Bernard cribbins.
19:53, Wed 16 May
Top 5 from me

Shawshank
Midnight Express
The Great Escape
The Green Mile
Scum

'Scum' did contain some graphic scenes and caused a bit of an outcry for it's shock value considering it was released around 1978 or maybe 1979, I have the original BBC TV drama on DVD which is unedited and slightly different to the film ....Ray Winstone appeared in both .....Phil Daniels also had a role in the film and he landed the role as Jimmy in 'Quadrophenia' around that time.....got to do the devil's business with Lesley Ash up some alley in Brighton.....lucky bazza...he also got to ride Sting's prize scooter near the end too

Special mention to another TV series...'Tenko'

And there was an Aussie one called 'Prisoner Cell Block H'
20:01, Wed 16 May
MMBlue
The Experiment although the original version is better.

Found the original on YouTube, worth watching if you don't mind subtitles. Hollywood version has Forest Whitaker in it, not a bad version. All based on the Stanford Experiment from the early 70s.

[m.youtube.com]
20:09, Wed 16 May
Bravo Zulu
sandpit72
Scum, although a borstal rather than a Prison.
This was a horrible film. I remember watching it when i was probably about 14 and its stayed with me.
Fazed Borstals out after and rightly so.
20:41, Wed 16 May
Call me Pliskin
I ain't a wheeler dealer I'm a fackin football manager.
20:44, Wed 16 May
The Who's Roger Daltrey played John McVicar

based on a true story....wasn't bad....but not a standout either
20:45, Wed 16 May
The Stallone one where he drops a crisp packet gets sent down for 100 years in supermax, builds a racing car drives it on the exercise yard, and sticks the governor in the electric chair was my favourite. Or Stir Crazy..
I ain't a wheeler dealer I'm a fackin football manager.