EFL: New Rules against Owners and Agents

almajir.net
11:20, Saturday 9 June 2018
The EFL announced on Friday changes to its rules ahead of the new season. The biggest of these rule changes are with respect to the conduct of owners of clubs and agents working for them; both issues that have affected Birmingham City in the past twelve months.

[almajir.net]
Tweet Topic

Re: EFL: New Rules against Owners and Agents

mattwakeman replying to almajir.net
11:41, Saturday 9 June 2018
The conduct rule is so vague that it is hard to see it as being anything than the EFL wanting to give the appearance of being 'able' to do something without ever being forced to 'actually' do anything. As you say, the proof will be when this rule is enforced which is likely to be never.

Sad really as this is something that should have been in place an age ago but that horse has long since bolted.
Tweet Topic

zxcv replying to almajir.net
12:43, Saturday 9 June 2018
Firstly Thanks Dan for that explanation of the new rule, I would agree on your second point of interest, that things will happen in the future like your say in the example of Carson, where things will be challenged in court.

We will only then find out if they have the balls to go that far. Personally i hope they would, because as in your example i think they would win.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to zxcv
13:40, Saturday 9 June 2018
It's all well and good but a bit galling that the Dingles have got away with it scot free.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

zxcv replying to Bluesince62
17:40, Saturday 9 June 2018
Personally i am not bothered what the dingles have got away with, we would have done exactly the same had we had there advisers. Then we all (including you) would be saying exactly what there fans are saying right now "Up yours".

The problem is the EFL, the arse holes have caused this by ignoring and turning blind eyes when it suits them. like i said before lets see if they will take court battles on to set standards and presidents, why don`t they start with the shit rule concerning fit and proper Persons tests. Why could they have not for example suspended Carson pending their own inquirers. Look what they allowed at loads of other clubs like Portsmouth, Would they have allowed that to happen to much bigger clubs?? well now it is happening to much bigger clubs and the panic is now setting in because they never nipped it in the bud and they fekkin know it.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to zxcv
18:24, Saturday 9 June 2018
zxcv
Personally i am not bothered what the dingles have got away with, we would have done exactly the same had we had there advisers. Then we all (including you) would be saying exactly what there fans are saying right now "Up yours".

The problem is the EFL, the arse holes have caused this by ignoring and turning blind eyes when it suits them. like i said before lets see if they will take court battles on to set standards and presidents, why don`t they start with the shit rule concerning fit and proper Persons tests. Why could they have not for example suspended Carson pending their own inquirers. Look what they allowed at loads of other clubs like Portsmouth, Would they have allowed that to happen to much bigger clubs?? well now it is happening to much bigger clubs and the panic is now setting in because they never nipped it in the bud and they fekkin know it.

Entirely true...still pisses me off though.

Jealous of Roojelly.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

zxcv replying to Bluesince62
18:45, Saturday 9 June 2018
I understand where your coming from, but the real issue is to stop these owners like the one we had and even worse the tossers that have bleed others like poor Portsmouth and others and yes that includes whats happening to the vile (altho i have indulged very slightly in the piss taking) but lets be honest this will destroy the game if its allowed to go on at the rate it is right now, ie NOT ONE English owner between... blues, villa, wba, Wolves, Cov, and only wolves so far have done any good blues and villa almost gone to the wall, Yes we can laugh because it villa this time, but someone needs to stop these cowboy owners before its to late and for vile it really could be to late because they have them in a much worse position than we were imo We had Ziggy on massive money but tbh thats a drop in the ocean to what these tweerps are having to pay out down the four sheds. Believe me i said it on here before this all broke with them that they will be goners by the end of next season, and i stick by that, there problems HAVE just started, and are about to get a whole lot worse. Its not good for our game tho.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »