Pet cat or rabbit?

Haircut1000
22:38, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Don't want any fekking animals in my house but the kids are angling for a cat or a rabbit. Any advice? Which is less crap to own?
Tweet Topic

Re: Pet cat or rabbit?

Tandy replying to Haircut1000
22:49, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Cats are shit.
Tweet Topic

Haircut1000 replying to Tandy
22:50, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Tandy
Cats are shit.

Because...?
Tweet Topic

Louie Donowa replying to Tandy
22:51, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Tandy
Cats are shit.

They are. Ours is a prick, but I don’t have to do anything with it. Even the wife just has to leave some biscuits and water out every night for it.

It’s like a shit Santa Claus.
Dictated but not read.

Louie Donowa
Tweet Topic

22:52, Tuesday 12 June 2018
You give them unconditional love, food, shelter, protection, and all they do to repay you is hatred, scratched up furniture, the stink of piss everywhere, and a clawed face.
Tweet Topic

voodZ replying to Tandy
22:57, Tuesday 12 June 2018
This. proper pr*cks. don't have one.

Have the rabbit it can stay outside in a kennel.
Tweet Topic

SOBLUE replying to Tandy
23:03, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Tandy
You give them unconditional love, food, shelter, protection, and all they do to repay you is hatred, scratched up furniture, the stink of piss everywhere, and a clawed face.

I think the woman is just using you, mate. You need to ditch her & find a new girlfriend. Get yourself a cat while you’re at it. And certainly not a rabbit.
Tweet Topic

Scoobyblue replying to Haircut1000
23:03, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Louie Donowa is right, our cat is the same, right anti social bar steward, it treats our house like a hotel, only advantage is it's hardly ever in, and goes and does it business away from the house, so no cat smells.
Tweet Topic

QBBC2 replying to Scoobyblue
23:12, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Having a cat is like being married to an abusive alcoholic. They cause havoc, leave a trail of destruction, come and go at all hours and then try to worm their way back into your affections and if you have a go at them they sulk.

Tell them if they want pets they can move out.
Tweet Topic

No more Fosters replying to Haircut1000
23:23, Tuesday 12 June 2018
fish or a dog. anything else dont bother
Tweet Topic

Monky Nut replying to No more Fosters
23:33, Tuesday 12 June 2018
Rabbit, if you get bored rabbit stew is delicious !!
Tweet Topic

Haircut1000 replying to QBBC2
00:28, Wednesday 13 June 2018
QBBC2
Having a cat is like being married to an abusive alcoholic. They cause havoc, leave a trail of destruction, come and go at all hours and then try to worm their way back into your affections and if you have a go at them they sulk.

Good call. Snag is, they're only 12. I'd have social services round if I did that.
Tweet Topic

00:32, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Get a small dog, if you have a garden you won’t need to walk it as much, cause little mess especially if they’re a non malting breed. Westies are ideal really, very affectionate, quiet, easily trainable and great with kids.
Tweet Topic

Tandy replying to SOBLUE
00:33, Wednesday 13 June 2018

Tandy

I think the woman is just using you, mate. You need to ditch her & find a new girlfriend. Get yourself a cat while you’re at it. And certainly not a rabbit.

When I reread it I realised it sounded like I was on about a woman :D

Cats are still shit.
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to Haircut1000
01:14, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Cats are the best. No bother. Come in get fed, then feck off out
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

carrsrighthand replying to Bluemarc81
02:14, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Bluemarc81
Will never be ur pal though.
Get a dog thumbs up
Tweet Topic

grandadandthekids replying to Bluemarc81
02:42, Wednesday 13 June 2018
We have a brother and sister cats of the Main Coon variety.
They are known as the dog of the cat world. Intelligent as cats go. They copy the behaviour of our very well behaved Springer Spaniel dog.

Greet us when we arrive home, come for short walks with us. Love being fussed and bring us little presents in on a regular basis.
They also look pretty amazing.

Only draw back has been they have clawed at some of the furniture and ruined it's look.

The trade off is worthwhile.
"People are so complex you should know by now"
Tweet Topic

The Hurricane replying to QBBC2
03:25, Wednesday 13 June 2018
QBBC2
Having a cat is like being married to an abusive alcoholic. They cause havoc, leave a trail of destruction,

My God , we're talking domestic cats here, not a bloody full grown Bengal Tiger....LOL....as for havoc and trails of destruction, we're likely never to own a Jack Russell or Golden Retriever again

Like Haircut mentioned, kind of harsh on them when they're only 12

I like both dogs and cats TBH but dogs are a lot more messy, they tend to stink up the house far more and larger breeds are far more expensive to feed....although I'll accept dogs do tend to have more of a personality

The cat we own has been in the family for 16 years and is very affectionate, my daughters love her to bits, they help to relieve stress too ....self maintaining/self cleaning animals as well and can easily be left alone for up to three days as long as they have plenty of food and litter ....eazee peezee

Rabbits are cute (hamsters make cute pets too but like rabbits are virtually always caged for the most part) …. but just remember to never invite Glenn Close around
Tweet Topic

TheBlueNation replying to The Hurricane
05:41, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Of those two a cat.

Independent and look after themselves pretty much. Just need some food, water and litter.

Rabbits stink and when the kids are bored of them or the novelty wears off just think on who will be cleaning the cage out.

Best option is buy them a dog....
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to Haircut1000
06:48, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Easy, get one of each and have a little family sweepstake so the kids can cheer on their favourite. Get the popcorn out and put the cat and rabbit in the hutch, put the hutch in the living room and let em fight it out. Winner gets to stay.
Bonus being, if the cat wins, dinner is sorted too. thumbs up

if your kids are Chinese, it's sorted if the rabbit wins too
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Pathfinder replying to Haircut1000
07:38, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Cats live forever. Mine has just turned 18. She's a proper bitch, always has been. If your kids are 12 when they've flew the nest, the Cat will only be about half way through its life.

P.s I love my Cat
Tweet Topic

duttyo replying to Haircut1000
07:46, Wednesday 13 June 2018
If you buy a rabbit you are buying a pet for you and you family that will live in your house/garden. It will eat, play and poop in your house/garden

If you buy a cat you are unleashing a malevolent force on your neighbourhood. It will destroy everything for miles, eat all the local wildlife and poop in everyone else’s gardens

Cats should be banned as pets
We still believe
Tweet Topic

Ribeye replying to Haircut1000
07:56, Wednesday 13 June 2018
I've had a rabbit it was a fecking nause, thankfully it died on bonfire night from shock or being scared of the fireworks i think. I felt a bit bad for the kids when it died but it was a blessing. I warned my mate not to get one, he ignored me and loved his to bits for about a month then realised what a pain in the arse they are and gave it away.

I've got a cat and thats shit too although i barely see it so doesn't really bother me that much. Its 13 now so hopefully not long left.
Tweet Topic

Roger the lodger replying to Ribeye
08:13, Wednesday 13 June 2018
I had a pet monkey when I was a kid. Some geezer owed my old man money, didn’t have it so he payed him with a monkey.
Tweet Topic

Rasputin replying to TheBlueNation
08:17, Wednesday 13 June 2018
I refuse to believe that a rabbit smells more than cat shit.

Although if you own a cat, chances are it ain't your garden it leaves it's effluent in.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
Tweet Topic

Bluemarc81 replying to carrsrighthand
08:39, Wednesday 13 June 2018
carrsrighthand
Bluemarc81
Will never be ur pal though.
Get a dog thumbs up

I have humans for pals.
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
Tweet Topic

johnthefence replying to Bluemarc81
08:45, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Never liked cats, miserable little buggers. Only time I ever saw the wife's cat with a smile on its face was when I found it dead in the garage. Had to have a full burial service in the garden and everything, at least the rose we planted above it is doing well
Tweet Topic

Radavis replying to Haircut1000
08:45, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Had a cat and a rabbit previously, the rabbit ate through every electrical wirte in the house and we had to give it up, it was a vicious little bugger as well.

Currently have 2 cats, one is an outdoor type, comes in for dinner but generally not interested in being friendly, the other one follows me and the wife around all the time and just wants to give affection and receive affection. They both do however come and welcome me home when they hear me coming down the drive.

I've always wanted a dog but wouldn't give up the cats for anything now, someone said they don't have personalities, mine definitely do!
Tweet Topic

jeffwealands replying to Roger the lodger
08:52, Wednesday 13 June 2018
Roger the lodger
I had a pet monkey when I was a kid. Some geezer owed my old man money, didn’t have it so he payed him with a monkey.

Thought you said he didnt have any money
Tweet Topic

jeffwealands replying to jeffwealands
08:56, Wednesday 13 June 2018
I've had 8 cats throughout my life and only 1 was a pain in the butt, fortunately she defected next door
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »