22:38, Tue 12 Jun
Don't want any fekking animals in my house but the kids are angling for a cat or a rabbit. Any advice? Which is less crap to own?
22:49, Tue 12 Jun
Cats are shit.
22:50, Tue 12 Jun
Tandy
Cats are shit.

Because...?
22:51, Tue 12 Jun
Tandy
Cats are shit.

They are. Ours is a prick, but I don’t have to do anything with it. Even the wife just has to leave some biscuits and water out every night for it.

It’s like a shit Santa Claus.
Dictated but not read.

Louie Donowa
22:52, Tue 12 Jun
You give them unconditional love, food, shelter, protection, and all they do to repay you is hatred, scratched up furniture, the stink of piss everywhere, and a clawed face.
22:57, Tue 12 Jun
This. proper pr*cks. don't have one.

Have the rabbit it can stay outside in a kennel.
23:03, Tue 12 Jun
Tandy
You give them unconditional love, food, shelter, protection, and all they do to repay you is hatred, scratched up furniture, the stink of piss everywhere, and a clawed face.

I think the woman is just using you, mate. You need to ditch her & find a new girlfriend. Get yourself a cat while you’re at it. And certainly not a rabbit.
23:03, Tue 12 Jun
Louie Donowa is right, our cat is the same, right anti social bar steward, it treats our house like a hotel, only advantage is it's hardly ever in, and goes and does it business away from the house, so no cat smells.
23:12, Tue 12 Jun
Having a cat is like being married to an abusive alcoholic. They cause havoc, leave a trail of destruction, come and go at all hours and then try to worm their way back into your affections and if you have a go at them they sulk.

Tell them if they want pets they can move out.
23:23, Tue 12 Jun
fish or a dog. anything else dont bother
23:33, Tue 12 Jun
Rabbit, if you get bored rabbit stew is delicious !!
00:28, Wed 13 Jun
QBBC2
Having a cat is like being married to an abusive alcoholic. They cause havoc, leave a trail of destruction, come and go at all hours and then try to worm their way back into your affections and if you have a go at them they sulk.

Good call. Snag is, they're only 12. I'd have social services round if I did that.
00:32, Wed 13 Jun
Get a small dog, if you have a garden you won’t need to walk it as much, cause little mess especially if they’re a non malting breed. Westies are ideal really, very affectionate, quiet, easily trainable and great with kids.
00:33, Wed 13 Jun
Tandy

I think the woman is just using you, mate. You need to ditch her & find a new girlfriend. Get yourself a cat while you’re at it. And certainly not a rabbit.

When I reread it I realised it sounded like I was on about a woman :D

Cats are still shit.
01:14, Wed 13 Jun
Cats are the best. No bother. Come in get fed, then feck off out
Steve Cotterill 2005 'I don't want to give Robbie Blake any praise, but he was superb.'

@1981marc
02:14, Wed 13 Jun
Bluemarc81
Cats are the best. No bother. Come in get fed, then feck off out
Will never be ur pal though.
Get a dog (tu)
02:42, Wed 13 Jun
We have a brother and sister cats of the Main Coon variety.
They are known as the dog of the cat world. Intelligent as cats go. They copy the behaviour of our very well behaved Springer Spaniel dog.

Greet us when we arrive home, come for short walks with us. Love being fussed and bring us little presents in on a regular basis.
They also look pretty amazing.

Only draw back has been they have clawed at some of the furniture and ruined it's look.

The trade off is worthwhile.
"People are so complex you should know by now"
03:25, Wed 13 Jun
QBBC2
Having a cat is like being married to an abusive alcoholic. They cause havoc, leave a trail of destruction,

My God , we're talking domestic cats here, not a bloody full grown Bengal Tiger....LOL....as for havoc and trails of destruction, we're likely never to own a Jack Russell or Golden Retriever again

Like Haircut mentioned, kind of harsh on them when they're only 12

I like both dogs and cats TBH but dogs are a lot more messy, they tend to stink up the house far more and larger breeds are far more expensive to feed....although I'll accept dogs do tend to have more of a personality

The cat we own has been in the family for 16 years and is very affectionate, my daughters love her to bits, they help to relieve stress too ....self maintaining/self cleaning animals as well and can easily be left alone for up to three days as long as they have plenty of food and litter ....eazee peezee

Rabbits are cute (hamsters make cute pets too but like rabbits are virtually always caged for the most part) …. but just remember to never invite Glenn Close around
05:41, Wed 13 Jun
Of those two a cat.

Independent and look after themselves pretty much. Just need some food, water and litter.

Rabbits stink and when the kids are bored of them or the novelty wears off just think on who will be cleaning the cage out.

Best option is buy them a dog....
06:48, Wed 13 Jun
Easy, get one of each and have a little family sweepstake so the kids can cheer on their favourite. Get the popcorn out and put the cat and rabbit in the hutch, put the hutch in the living room and let em fight it out. Winner gets to stay.
Bonus being, if the cat wins, dinner is sorted too. (tu)

if your kids are Chinese, it's sorted if the rabbit wins too
zxcv said on P&S punishment...

"I am not going into detail but just to say i can see why your confusing things, NONE of that is applicable and not what you think it is.

All i will say just wait and you will see i am right. The embargo will be lifted in January and we will buy two 6 million pound forwards."