Spike
LH_4
The kid is comfortable with the ball but his end product isn't great.

And to say his end product isn't great is a masterful understatement. It's absolutely crap.

If he starts to produce end product to go with the talent, he will be worth money. Alternatively he could land himself a contract where he gets paid by the dive and become a trillionaire.

Considering mags got more goals and assists, imagine how much hes worth!8-)
19:38, Wed 13 Jun
Franz Beckenbrammal
Spike
LH_4

And to say his end product isn't great is a masterful understatement. It's absolutely crap.

If he starts to produce end product to go with the talent, he will be worth money. Alternatively he could land himself a contract where he gets paid by the dive and become a trillionaire.

Ah, but he doesn't play for the "club that gave football to the world" so how can he ever be worth as much as the greasy one?!
19:47, Wed 13 Jun
Squatnose
Franz Beckenbrammal
Spike
LH_4

Ah, but he doesn't play for the "club that gave football to the world" so how can he ever be worth as much as the greasy one?!
Tbf anyone who thinks Mags is worth as much, should pack in watching football
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
20:01, Wed 13 Jun
Tarquin
I would hazard a guess that a lot of the speculation re Grealish and the fanciful numbers is agent and club led
This.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
21:30, Wed 13 Jun
Rab C Nesbitt
Squatnose
Franz Beckenbrammal
Spike
LH_4

Tbf anyone who thinks Mags is worth as much, should pack in watching football

My point was not to do with Mags, it was this assumption that because he plays for the historians he must be worth so much. Let’s imagine he’d played for Sheffield Wednesday or Nottingham Forest and managed 3 goals and assists last season - would he still be touted as a £30m + player?
21:50, Wed 13 Jun
Fulham want 80m for Sessegnon. Doesn't mean anything. They'll get what teams feel he's worth
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:57, Wed 13 Jun
Scoobers
"Retained" list:

[www.birminghammail.co.uk]

Report states Hutton under released in the list. Wonder if the club told him.

Interesting re Amavi ... more smoke ? B)

Micah Richards
<sniggers>
22:05, Wed 13 Jun
I fully get what you are saying BUT isn't end product absolutely everything in football.

Mags has more assists and more goals in a struggling team, his overall stats are better than the greasy one's stats.

I'm not saying that he's the better player and therefore worth more but do you not think that in a team that got to the play off's final a kid who the vilers think is worth £30-40m should be better than 3 goals and assists? For me he's worth £15m tops. Potential is all well and good but will he realize it?
22:07, Wed 13 Jun
Racist
@LeMod1875
22:10, Wed 13 Jun
Iniesta has scored 4 in 4 seasons in La Liga. Stats are very misleading sometimes
22:17, Wed 13 Jun
Grealish is a good player and has some very good attributes, he carries the ball wonderfully well (he is raw though)

The absolute best thing he could do for his career would be a move to Spurs, Pochettino is the best thing to happen to the England National team for the last decade, he’s exceptional at nurturing young players.

IF Villa were on a sound financial footing he’d go for 25-30 Million, easy.

But.. they’re skint and have cash flow issues, so he will probably go for around 15-18 Million, and the buyer will be buying potential.
@LeMod1875
22:26, Wed 13 Jun
Rab C Nesbitt
Iniesta has scored 4 in 4 seasons in La Liga. Stats are very misleading sometimes

Proponents of “moneyball” would disagree.
22:28, Wed 13 Jun
Agreed.
I don't get what others are comparing him to Maghoma for. They're nothing alike positionally.
22:39, Wed 13 Jun
I'm not comparing him to Maghoma, but I get why people are comparing the end product and contribution to the team.

Do you seriously think he is worth the money the Vilers do though, £30-40m is laughable? I agree with Le Mod, £15m is about right and it will be in installments.
22:43, Wed 13 Jun
I'll be amazed if they get more than 16m for him, i think they'll struggle to turn down anything over 12.
22:48, Wed 13 Jun
He’s a greasy v*lla binman
22:55, Wed 13 Jun
He does carry the ball well and he’s good at putting people in a bit of space in tight positions in the box. Bruce isn’t the manager to develop his game but like you say, Pocchettino could be. It’s still about potential with him though, he seems to have arsed about quite a bit in his career so far.
23:00, Wed 13 Jun
He is talented and 'raw' but, he's 22 now and still playing for a shire 2nd division club.

Personally, not convinced he'll make it anywhere near the top.

That said, in current crazy money era, probably worth a punt at £15m
What did the Knights in White satin?
23:23, Wed 13 Jun
Le Mod
Grealish is a good player and has some very good attributes, he carries the ball wonderfully well (he is raw though)

The absolute best thing he could do for his career would be a move to Spurs, Pochettino is the best thing to happen to the England National team for the last decade, he’s exceptional at nurturing young players.

IF Villa were on a sound financial footing he’d go for 25-30 Million, easy.

But.. they’re skint and have cash flow issues, so he will probably go for around 15-18 Million, and the buyer will be buying potential.
Good post i said the exact same thing two weeks before seasons end. Your spot on with Pochettino developing his skills, Nesbitt your rambling again son, :D and putting words into peoples mouths. Mags Stats and contribution to the team is what others are pointing out, not his potential.
23:27, Wed 13 Jun
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt

If you were looking for a creative, ball retaining midfielder, goals scored probably wouldn’t be the column you’d look at.
23:31, Wed 13 Jun
TinaTractor
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt

If you were looking for a creative, ball retaining midfielder, goals scored probably wouldn’t be the column you’d look at.
It would be if your name is F. Lampard.;)
00:07, Thu 14 Jun
I think we are all forgetting we are living in a very silly world at the moment with regards to transfer fees. Cardiff have just signed Josh Murphy from Norwich for £10mil. If he's worth that much then Grealish is at least double that.

Simon Jordan was on talksport today. You might think he's a bit of a knob but I like listening to his views from an owner's perspective. He said in today's transfer market most owners would probably pay £25-28mil for Grealish. I think Spurs making a bid of £15m is just Levy putting in a cheeky bid.
Nose of Blue
I'm not comparing him to Maghoma, but I get why people are comparing the end product and contribution to the team.

Do you seriously think he is worth the money the Vilers do though, £30-40m is laughable? I agree with Le Mod, £15m is about right and it will be in installments.

Put Maghoma in the middle of the park and let him play the same game. We would concede a lot more and he would score and assist practically nothing, its completely incomparable. Grealish doesn't play in the hole he plays centre midfield. He carries the ball from deep to advanced positions and as such creates space for others (wide players like Maghoma) whilst simultaneously keeping the ball long enough for the defence and indeed to the rest of the team to get its shape back, let's not be pricks like them lot and understand football a little, instead. Blues are desperate for a man who retains and carries the ball in the middle of the park.

He isn't worth 40 million quid but lets show we are better than them lot and stop comparing a wide man to a centre midfielder.
brierleyblue
I think we are all forgetting we are living in a very silly world at the moment with regards to transfer fees. Cardiff have just signed Josh Murphy from Norwich for £10mil. If he's worth that much then Grealish is at least double that.

Simon Jordan was on talksport today. You might think he's a bit of a knob but I like listening to his views from an owner's perspective. He said in today's transfer market most owners would probably pay £25-28mil for Grealish. I think Spurs making a bid of £15m is just Levy putting in a cheeky bid.

Yep, I said this the other week. Even the lower Premier League clubs have a lot of excess cash around, they can't attract the best so they will try to spend it somewhere.
07:19, Thu 14 Jun
zxcv
TinaTractor
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt

Or Steven Gerrard or Kevin DeBruyne or David Silva...
07:28, Thu 14 Jun
Also interesting to note that even though we are well beyond the 5-day period, Companies House has still not released details of the resolution made by Recon Group UK Limited, which is the company at the top of the AVFC pile in this country.

[beta.companieshouse.gov.uk]
08:03, Thu 14 Jun
bluer than blues
zxcv
TinaTractor
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt

Or Steven Gerrard or Kevin DeBruyne or David Silva...

Yeah but you were looking at Iniesta.
09:03, Thu 14 Jun
brierleyblue
I think we are all forgetting we are living in a very silly world at the moment with regards to transfer fees.

Ross Barkley signed for the defending English champions for £15mil.
Ruben Neves looks to be one of the best players I've seen in the Championship. £15.8mil.

That's one "young, raw, promising English talent" and one of the best players from the current league Grealish plays in. I haven't seen anything yet that justifies this delusional £40mil argument from the Vile.

Some of them say Grealish means more to Villa so he's worth more, but Wolves probably wouldn't have won the league without Neves.