Re: villa Thread

10:32, Thu 14 Jun
Grealish is worth £15-20m. I said that on the Worlds foremost football fans forum last month, & I don’t see any change. Spurs are favourites, with an initial bid of £15m. They will go to £20m but no more. Levy is no fool.

Grealish is far happier to go to WHL than The Bridge. Mates with Deli & a good manager who develops younger players & gives them good pitch time. However, unless Grealish goes to Fulham, I can’t see him getting much pitch time next season. Look at Drinkwater, a far better player.

It’s reassuring to know that, whatever fee they get for him, it won’t be enough to solve their financial problems. I think we should help them out by buying Bodymoor Heath & leasing it back to them. Maybe look at the Holte Pub, as well. We could use it on alternate weekends. Can’t see why DVBs should see any problem with that.
11:26, Thu 14 Jun
bluer than blues
zxcv
TinaTractor
Bluestaines
Rab C Nesbitt
Iniesta has scored 4 in 4 seasons in La Liga. Stats are very misleading sometimes

Proponents of “moneyball” would disagree.

If you were looking for a creative, ball retaining midfielder, goals scored probably wouldn’t be the column you’d look at.
It would be if your name is F. Lampard.;)

Or Steven Gerrard or Kevin DeBruyne or David Silva...
Exactly.
13:49, Thu 14 Jun
Hutton signs a new deal, bit of a surprise that one, must be on drastically reduced terms
@LeMod1875
13:50, Thu 14 Jun
According to John Percy Hutton has taken a big pay cut to stay on
13:51, Thu 14 Jun
Wifey loves Dorridge.
13:51, Thu 14 Jun
And probably means Bruce is staying on, they’ve still got 5 right backs mind, which is a bit ridiculous if their predicament.
@LeMod1875
13:52, Thu 14 Jun
Good, with a bit of luck one of our players can do the bastard for Isaac.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
13:52, Thu 14 Jun
For now. I can't see how they can afford to sack him, pay him and his staff and recruit a new manager et all
14:25, Thu 14 Jun
Le Mod
Hutton signs a new deal, bit of a surprise that one, must be on drastically reduced terms

Excellent. They have given a new contract to the guy who let Cairney run behind him for the promotion winning goal. :D
14:40, Thu 14 Jun
Pigeon
Linked Image

Likey!

Re: villa Thread

14:52, Thu 14 Jun
can they afford to keep paying him? the fact he's stayed on and they've signed hutton again makes me think they've somehow found a loophole to get them out of the brown smelly stuff :X
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
15:00, Thu 14 Jun
I'm not sure a loophole is needed for a 33 year old defender signing on for another year on lower wages.

Probably cheaper for them than signing a younger player as have to pay the signing on fee plus a longer contract in all likelihood.
15:05, Thu 14 Jun
I agree with you.

We've been through this ourselves, when you are in the crap and can't bring players in - sometimes recontracting the existing players is all you can do.

It's not like they've broken the bank to persuade him to stay I wouldn't think.

Even bringing in a decent loan player or free transfer would probably have been quite a bit more expensive overall.

They still need to sell players they can get money for and drastically reduce their outgoings. This fits in perfectly with that.
15:08, Thu 14 Jun
They have signed a player who no one else wanted on a free transfer for less than what they were paying the guy before. It just happens to be the same bloke.

Cool your jets, their problems ain't going away.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
15:11, Thu 14 Jun
And probably part of wor Bruce's ultimatum, he loves Hutton.

"Wor Alan needs to stay, he's an honest boy and with wor injuries that we keep getting we need his experience, if we had eleven Alan Hutton's we'd be okay"

etc etc
@LeMod1875
15:56, Thu 14 Jun
Alan Hutton could yet be the vile's Paul Robinson.
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
15:59, Thu 14 Jun
Captain Leader Legend?
16:03, Thu 14 Jun
number8
They have signed a player who no one else wanted on a free transfer for less than what they were paying the guy before. It just happens to be the same bloke.

Cool your jets, their problems ain't going away.

Or they've got him to sign a contract so they can get a decent wedge for him instead of letting him go on a free...
16:04, Thu 14 Jun
CheswickBlue
Captain Leader Legend?
More like Chunt, Leper, Bell end
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
16:26, Thu 14 Jun
Forest wanted him.

Tony has realised he can't replace him for any cheaper than it would be to extend his contract.

A sign they are shafted
16:26, Thu 14 Jun
I severely doubt that.
Thongs
16:29, Thu 14 Jun
I doubt it too but desperate times call for desperate measures.
16:30, Thu 14 Jun
Hopefully :D
Thongs
16:45, Thu 14 Jun
Bluesince62
Alan Hutton could yet be the vile's Paul Robinson.

Generally - the Hutton thing is a bit weird.

It doesn't seem so long ago that villa fans absolutely hated him.

They bombed him out and loaned him out everywhere - then, he had a couple of good games and they gave him a new contract which seemed bizarre.

By last season they seemed in love with him again.

Fickle?

It's like when they hated Flabby and reckoned he symbolised all that was rotten about the club...until he waddled on and scrambled a goal in against us...at which point they started talking about him getting a new contract.
16:53, Thu 14 Jun
I just think it's strange that as a free agent he couldn't get a better deal than what was on offer at v***a of they're in such deep s**t
AnE - conspiracy theorist, ardent viler-hater, nutjob cyclist, Cubie-bater, go-to iconoclast
16:54, Thu 14 Jun
Maybe something to do with the fact he's a bit crap?
Thongs
16:54, Thu 14 Jun
I'm sure Forest offered him more, he said all along he'd take a pay cut as family were settled in the area