20:03, Wed 13 Jun
Linked Image

Voted a member of the best team in the 1978 World Cup, taken from all the players who had taken part.

Signed for the Blues thar summer , & has been universally accepted as one of top ten worst foreign signings ever in this country.

Funny old game...
DES
20:21, Wed 13 Jun
Yes agree on both points!
Kro
20:30, Wed 13 Jun
DES
Remember the tic a tac when he scored against Bristol City. Fab red hot atmosphere on a cold day.
21:51, Wed 13 Jun
Was it him that took Stevie Coppell out with an elbow right in front of the ref and then did a "who me"

Mind is getting a bit vague
Regards, Mick
22:35, Wed 13 Jun
I remember him going into the crowd to confront a fan who was having a go at him. In the paddocks against Wolves if memory serves. Years before Cantonas Kung fu kick at Palace.
22:37, Wed 13 Jun
Head butted Brian Greenhoff !
23:07, Wed 13 Jun
he had nice curly hair.
23:40, Wed 13 Jun
bwch y pysgod
he had nice curly hair.

Sang this in the 80’s when drunk away.

(Ferry across the Mersey)
Alberto Tarantini-.....his hair was very long
Alberto Tanantini......didn’t play for very long
06:58, Thu 14 Jun
He was a disaster. Never stayed in position and marked his man. Thought he could just charge around the pitch as he pleased.
06:58, Thu 14 Jun
bwch y pysgod
he had nice curly hair.

I copied his hair do and my PE teachers nick named me Albi, which of course has stuck with me today :D
07:05, Thu 14 Jun
He was a disaster. Never stayed in position and marked his man. Thought he could just charge around the pitch as he pleased.
There was a story doing the rounds after he left us. A reporter asked him why he joined Birmingham City. He replied "They tell me that they good team. They lie"