Re: Holiday advice - America

Bluesince62 replying to fingles
10:22, Thursday 14 June 2018
Is that the one run by the Blues lad who posts on here?
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

miamivice79ish replying to Casper
10:28, Thursday 14 June 2018
West.Coast.Of.Florida.
Tweet Topic

Bluesince62 replying to miamivice79ish
10:32, Thursday 14 June 2018
miamivice79ish
West.Coast.Of.Florida.

thumbs up
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Tweet Topic

Spike replying to Tall
10:44, Thursday 14 June 2018
Tall
Can thoroughly recommend them. Lovely people to deal with

Agreed.
Tweet Topic

Blue in CT replying to Spike
13:48, Thursday 14 June 2018
I am surprised no one has mentioned DC if you do not want to rent a car and are not fussed about a beach. There are great museums to visit plus April is Cherry Blossom festival. The museums are mostly free too. Plus there are sports: Baseball, basketball and ice hockey to see. Plenty of concerts and gigs to go to
Tweet Topic

BluenoseMo replying to Spike
15:17, Thursday 14 June 2018
Spike
Tall
Can thoroughly recommend them. Lovely people to deal with

Agreed.

I should imagine Casper would agree too. :D
Tweet Topic

fingles replying to Bluesince62
17:15, Thursday 14 June 2018
Yes.Casper
They say I got brains but they ain't doin' me much good.
Tweet Topic

StechyBlue replying to Dom
17:30, Thursday 14 June 2018
Dom
Newport Beach in California. 45 minute drive into LA, 2 hour drive to San Diego. Brilliant place, a woman gave my friend $200 in the supermarket to pay for our BBQ food/beer "because I want you to know how nice Californians are"

We stayed in a $2million beach house for $350/400 per night which slept 8 of us.

The fek ? She minted ?
Tweet Topic

philly_bluenose replying to StechyBlue
21:05, Thursday 14 June 2018
If you're serious about no car, then New York, Boston, Chicago, DC, San Francisco would be my suggestions. Lots to do/see in all of them.

If you want reliably warmer weather and a beach at Easter, then Florida Gulf Coast, but I think you'd need a car.
Tweet Topic

Dom replying to StechyBlue
21:38, Thursday 14 June 2018
StechyBlue
Dom
Newport Beach in California. 45 minute drive into LA, 2 hour drive to San Diego. Brilliant place, a woman gave my friend $200 in the supermarket to pay for our BBQ food/beer "because I want you to know how nice Californians are"

We stayed in a $2million beach house for $350/400 per night which slept 8 of us.

The fek ? She minted ?

I think a lot of people in Newport Beach are. We tried to refuse the money but she was having none of it.

I’ll be moving there if my numbers come up.
Tweet Topic

Robert Hopkins replying to philly_bluenose
21:53, Thursday 14 June 2018
Wife says no car - she is happy sitting next to the pool for a fortnight - i want something to do. If i can get something to do within walking distance its a winer.
Tweet Topic

bluearmyfaction replying to Robert Hopkins
23:05, Thursday 14 June 2018
Nowhere in America is walking distance.
Tweet Topic

Lichfield Blues replying to Robert Hopkins
23:10, Thursday 14 June 2018
Gulf Coast/West Coast Florida around Tampa Bay is an awesome place but 2 things, 1 a car is essential but you don’t need to drive long distances 30 mins from wherever you are and you can be in Tampa, St Petes or Clearwater area. Bush Gardens is much better than Disney and much cheaper. 2. Remember April is Spring Break time in US and accomdation costs are gonna be a lot higher. If you want a condo with a pool on the beach try JC Resorts in Redington Beach and BA fly direct to Tampa daily. Wherever you choose to go sure you’ll enjoy the USA
Tweet Topic

wannabee bailey replying to Robert Hopkins
00:04, Friday 15 June 2018
Sod the wife and kids - go to New Orleans.
www.sevenstarphotography.co.uk
Tweet Topic

weaponsguru replying to wannabee bailey
07:39, Friday 15 June 2018
wannabee bailey

To be fair, if the wife and kids are "being sodded", go to Thailand! (and you definitely won't need a car!)
Tweet Topic

The Hurricane replying to bluearmyfaction
07:59, Friday 15 June 2018
bluearmyfaction
Nowhere in America is walking distance.

The cell block to the lethal injection room ??

dead men walk that
Tweet Topic

The Hurricane replying to The Hurricane
08:10, Friday 15 June 2018
If you are serious about not driving

Clearwater Beach, FL …..as stated BA fly daily direct from London Gatwick to Tampa and an airport shuttle ride is only 23 dollars per person....Uber or Lyft would likely be even cheaper but you have to prebook on a smart phone I think ….Super Shuttle have a pay kiosk at Tampa ….BA fares can be a tad pricey but there are connection services in and out of Tampa with other carriers to all other major international US airports …..Dulles (United Airlines major hub ) , JFK, Philly, Chicago, Dallas (American Airlines main hub) , Atlanta (Delta rule ATL), Charlotte , Miami

Hilton Head Island , South Carolina …..there is an airport there you can connect to , most likely from Charlotte or Atlanta if you're coming in from UK .....beautiful island in spring and there's a Disney condo style resort there too ….not a theme park but kids love it …..quite secluded, historic Savannah, Georgia is close by

as mentioned, Chicago, New York City or Washington DC staying central if you still don't want to drive .....but decent hotels in all three are vastly expensive....it's a long flight but I hear great things about Seattle in warmer months too....about 5-6 hours from the border with Canada and Vancouver is accessible

Anywhere in California you would really need a car.....even to escape the dodgy neighbourhoods you were curious about or you turned left instead of right .......Japan Town in San Francisco is still dangerous after dark as are quite a few areas around the central part of LA

You'd need a car in Texas too but many families speak highly of San Antonio and Austin …...Houston has a lot of crime and is vast

Although it's image has improved over the years there is still drug related crime in Little Havana in Miami and mainly theft related crime on Miami Beach (avoid North Miami and Hialeah) …...Chicago has some of the worse murder rates in the US but only in certain pockets of areas on the South and West side.....if you can afford to stay Downtown Chicago, it's worthwhile ….but go April or later....it's bloody freezing in winter months even March

KRO
Tweet Topic

Robert Hopkins replying to weaponsguru
09:01, Friday 15 June 2018
weaponsguru
wannabee bailey

To be fair, if the wife and kids are "being sodded", go to Thailand! (and you definitely won't need a car!)

Actually thailand is the other option if we can't find anywhere in America :D
Tweet Topic

Pearly Dewdrops replying to Robert Hopkins
09:44, Friday 15 June 2018
Robert Hopkins

Actually thailand is the other option if we can't find anywhere in America :D

If that’s the case, avoid Pattaya like the plague.

Arse end of the world, fact. And I’ve been to VP so I’m well able to judge.

Hua Hin southwards if you have to go.
Tweet Topic
Advertise your business to thousands of Brummies »