Dom
21:13, Wed 13 Jun
Newport Beach in California. 45 minute drive into LA, 2 hour drive to San Diego. Brilliant place, a woman gave my friend $200 in the supermarket to pay for our BBQ food/beer "because I want you to know how nice Californians are"

We stayed in a $2million beach house for $350/400 per night which slept 8 of us.
21:51, Wed 13 Jun
Dom
Hell of a trek but Big Island on Hawaii has a lot going for it
I’d recommend staying in Kona, but you’d need a car to get the best experience: clear warm water for snorkeling; active volcanos & great beaches
22:15, Wed 13 Jun
Drive down from St Petersburg to Naples, then across to Miami/Fort Lauderdale via alligator alley.

This, or the Carolinas, though this is a less child oriented suggestion.
22:22, Wed 13 Jun
You could do a lot worse than Orange County. Stunning beaches, close to LA or San Diego if you want the attractions, plenty of good food available, short drives (on US scale) to Vegas, the desert, or the coastal rod up to San Francisco (about 8 hours but worth it).

It is a long way away though.

Another option is Cape Cod. Very nice, upmarket and quiet around Easter time. Boston is about an hour away and is my favourite city in the US. Accommodation will be quite pricey there though.
22:29, Wed 13 Jun
Las Vegas
22:37, Wed 13 Jun
While many of the suggestions are good, it does appear that an awful lot of the posters either can't or didn't bother to read your post .....

... "no hire car".

As BlueW says, I'd say if you ain't driving, go somewhere else.
If you want to go to the US, hire a car.
Only other option I'd offer would be New York (though you don't need a car in Vegas). With the NY option, you could get a train up to Niagara for a few days I guess.

If it was me and driving wasn't an option, I'd probably go to a beach holiday in Mexico instead, or go to Pontins in Brean and use the money I saved on driving lessons.
22:39, Wed 13 Jun
Casper
Bluesince62
Have a look at a map.

West coast of Florida.

West Coast is west costs of the country.

St Petersburg is on the Gulf Coast.

Agree, a much better shout than I.Drive, for someone who doesn't want theme-parks.

But like the majority of the States, even in St. Petes is very handy to get yourself around.

Don't need a geography lesson, Florida has 2 coasts, a West and an East. Cheers anyway.
zxcv said on P&S punishment...

"I am not going into detail but just to say i can see why your confusing things, NONE of that is applicable and not what you think it is.

All i will say just wait and you will see i am right. The embargo will be lifted in January and we will buy two 6 million pound forwards."
22:49, Wed 13 Jun
Saving New York for a no kids break and we are doing beach in Cuba in October so trying to find something a bit different. Kids not that fussed by beach, they prefer a nicer pool.

Going to do some research on stuff put on and visit a quality Travel agent somewhere near sutton...
22:53, Wed 13 Jun
Appologies on the no car hire thing.

Chicago, brilliant city for sports, food and culture there’s something for everybody. Easy to get around on the subway and if it’s warm go up to Milwaukee or some of the lakeside towns in Wisconsin (1 hour on the train) for some lovely beaches. If it’s really hot you’ll find people swimming in the lake on the waterfront, there’s a nice beach on the northside. If it’s winter there’ll be icebergs on the lake :D
23:40, Wed 13 Jun
Tandy
Appologies on the no car hire thing.

Chicago, brilliant city for sports, food and culture there’s something for everybody. Easy to get around on the subway and if it’s warm go up to Milwaukee or some of the lakeside towns in Wisconsin (1 hour on the train) for some lovely beaches. If it’s really hot you’ll find people swimming in the lake on the waterfront, there’s a nice beach on the northside. If it’s winter there’ll be icebergs on the lake :D

(tu)

Or Vegas or San Fran (if you don't want to hire a car).
10:22, Thu 14 Jun
Is that the one run by the Blues lad who posts on here?

"I am not going into detail but just to say i can see why your confusing things, NONE of that is applicable and not what you think it is.

All i will say just wait and you will see i am right. The embargo will be lifted in January and we will buy two 6 million pound forwards."
10:28, Thu 14 Jun
West.Coast.Of.Florida.
10:32, Thu 14 Jun
miamivice79ish
West.Coast.Of.Florida.

(tu)

10:44, Thu 14 Jun
Tall
Can thoroughly recommend them. Lovely people to deal with

Agreed.
13:48, Thu 14 Jun
I am surprised no one has mentioned DC if you do not want to rent a car and are not fussed about a beach. There are great museums to visit plus April is Cherry Blossom festival. The museums are mostly free too. Plus there are sports: Baseball, basketball and ice hockey to see. Plenty of concerts and gigs to go to
15:17, Thu 14 Jun
Spike
Tall
Can thoroughly recommend them. Lovely people to deal with

Agreed.

I should imagine Casper would agree too. :D
17:15, Thu 14 Jun
Yes.Casper
They say I got brains but they ain't doin' me much good.
17:30, Thu 14 Jun
Dom
Dom
Newport Beach in California. 45 minute drive into LA, 2 hour drive to San Diego. Brilliant place, a woman gave my friend $200 in the supermarket to pay for our BBQ food/beer "because I want you to know how nice Californians are"

We stayed in a $2million beach house for $350/400 per night which slept 8 of us.

The fek ? She minted ?
21:05, Thu 14 Jun
If you're serious about no car, then New York, Boston, Chicago, DC, San Francisco would be my suggestions. Lots to do/see in all of them.

If you want reliably warmer weather and a beach at Easter, then Florida Gulf Coast, but I think you'd need a car.
Dom
21:38, Thu 14 Jun
StechyBlue
Dom

The fek ? She minted ?

I think a lot of people in Newport Beach are. We tried to refuse the money but she was having none of it.

I’ll be moving there if my numbers come up.