09:29, Thu 14 Jun
I honestly couldn't care less what they call it because it will always be St. Andrews to us anyway.
09:30, Thu 14 Jun
Hmm.

Naming our stadium Trillion Trophy is laughable isn’t it? The piss take is endless.

I wouldn’t have minded something a bit more sensible.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
09:35, Thu 14 Jun
1) If these fellas are just looking to sell it on, why rename the ground
2) Why are they looking to market their name in the UK?
09:39, Thu 14 Jun
Could be worse - and critically most people stop reading after the second word, so naming it St Andrew's TT Stadium is better than TT St Andrew's Stadium.
Kristian Pedersen incoming?
Yeah, you can already see the responses we are going to get. I'd have preferred a better name, and in monetary terms its hardly going to end our problems but no one will call it that so it doesn't really matter.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
Well this is a bit shit isn't it.
Rags on the new Forum:
"Who on earth still has signatures showing ? ... they're the same every single time ... you've read 'em once then just hide them forever"
09:42, Thu 14 Jun
If you add up all the major trophies all the other WM teams have won in this millenia and multiply them by a trillion, we'll still have won more. :D
The new season starts, the enlightenment driven away, the habit-forming pain,
Mismanagement and grief: we must suffer them all again.
I think the vilers have got enough to worry about. They won’t be in a position to take the piss out of anyone for anything. They won’t even be able to read what our ground is called through all of those tears.
09:51, Thu 14 Jun
Surprised it is called TTA given that we are told that they do not want to be part of this long term
09:57, Thu 14 Jun
Espana
Surprised it is called TTA given that we are told that they do not want to be part of this long term

Would like to hear Mayor’s take on this to be fair...
09:57, Thu 14 Jun
How come we haven’t had a say in it?

Tom Ross Poll and all that shite?

ffs
10:01, Thu 14 Jun
Where’s the money gone tom?
10:02, Thu 14 Jun
On Ryan Woods
Pigeon

They aren’t looking to market their name, it’s a way they can get money into the club without falling foul of any regulations.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
Going to Fulham apparently lol
DG
10:03, Thu 14 Jun
If TTA renamed to St. Andrews and then we sold naming rights would we get pulled up on it?
10:04, Thu 14 Jun
Pigeon

Because in the short term the club could do with all additional revenue streams maybe?

Them trying to 'market their name' in the UK I assume is just PR rubbish to make the deal look slightly legitimate and not just an owner looking to find other methods of pumping money into a club
10:05, Thu 14 Jun
DG
Lots of people with a blatant disregard for the apostrophe in our stadium's great name.

Names have been taken.
STD
10:15, Thu 14 Jun
Holdsworth_MaraSonner
FFP workaround. Fair play.

Exactly, nothing huge to see
Moist
10:29, Thu 14 Jun
The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0
Hmm.

Naming our stadium Trillion Trophy is laughable isn’t it? The piss take is endless.

Why? It'll never be anything other than St Andrews to us? It could have been worse as well - the St Andrews Pampers Arena would have been a bit more apt, maybe? :D
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
Do any blues fans even call it St Andrews?

I just call it 'down the blues'.
Bluesince62
The Birmingham Power Shift 2.0
Hmm.

Why? It'll never be anything other than St Andrews to us? It could have been worse as well - the St Andrews Pampers Arena would have been a bit more apt, maybe? :D

If it puts money in, great - I don't know the details as the site was down, but if was, say, £1million a year for five years, and it went towards a player's fee (amortised), fine. The name? Oh yes, monstrous, but at least we have the ability to take the piss out of ourselves, unlike some other local clubs. I mean, it's not as if we haven't had the practice. :D
The belle of St Trillions
Exactly Tam. I'm really not giving a big fat feck about what they've tagged on to the end of the stadium name, I'm glad they are finding ways to fund us further. It's a bit precious to be worried what inbreds might think, as has been pointed out anyway - it's not us the rest of football is pointing and laughing at*.

*for once
Thanks for keeping us up, Harry.
I really hope Trillion Trophy can leverage great benefits from this lucrative deal that will help them promote all of the good work that they do around the world.
Macho Man Randy Savage
I like it. Sounds ambitious.

This made me laugh far more than it should have.
10:37, Thu 14 Jun
Very relaxed about this...well done to 'em for keeping 'St Andrew's' first and foremost. Shame Trillion Trophy sounds so daft, but, oh well.

I'm way off the pace on FFP, but if the sponsorship exceeds 'market value' can the surplus money go into areas of the club unrelated to playing, like improving conferencing/hospitality facilities, with a view to improving overall club turnover, without affecting FFP and ultimately helping our FFP position the long run? I probably haven't worded that very well, but s0d it!
10:38, Thu 14 Jun
Good business decision, for obvious reasons (FFP)

Happy that the powers that be, are pro-active, as against reactive, like the clowns over the expressway.

Still retain "St. Andrews", so it's a (tu) from me, if it brings in revenue.