07:05, Tue 10 Jul
Yesterday, I broke news about issues within Birmingham that have caused the club to be subject to a transfer embargo by the EFL, along with the decision of the league not to register Kristian Pedersen as a player. There was a lot of attention to that post and a lot of questions, and with that in min

[almajir.net]
07:13, Tue 10 Jul
It might take extra money coming in via a potential sell on fee from a sale of Jack Butland or Demarai Gray,

I reckon they bought in Pedersen on the proviso that Butland would be sold in the near future, that hasn't happened so now we're waiting on that bit of a cash injection to meet some form of FFP target.
07:17, Tue 10 Jul
Until the embargo is lifted however, Blues are severely restricted in who they can sign.
Are we, or are we just restricted in whom we can register? There is a logic in getting players under contract now, taking the risk that we cannot register them, but knowing that, as soon as someone else moves on, they instantly slot into place. And taking the risk that that will all accelerate post-World Cup.

Indeed, there's always the back-up plan of cashing in the sell-on rights for Butland and Gray, although that is not an attractive option.

What it does show though is that FFP, while in principle a good thing, needs to be tied into other matters. The only reason why we are in FFP trouble is because other clubs have cheated it and driven transfer fees up to a level nobody can afford. Other than doing what Burton did, i.e. get relegated. If FFP fines were distributed amongst the clubs, instead of as per PL instructions, then we at least would not face FFP problems.
07:28, Tue 10 Jul
Like I said yesterday, one of the points of the article is to put the spotlight on Ren.

I am surprised he is even still here actually but it shows he shouldn't be ignoring those underneath him and he cannot ignore league rules.

We are now equipped with knowledge we can use to question Ren himself and ask all the right questions, as we should, not just Dan.

I just hope that simple actions, or perhaps non-action, from Ren doesn't hinder the start of next season and Monk's preparation.

There is a bar in Wan Chai, Ren, that you may find some company in. Sort it out!
Jim
07:29, Tue 10 Jul
Until the embargo is lifted however, Blues are severely restricted in who they can sign.
Are we, or are we just restricted in whom we can register?

I came to the same conclusion as you. The Club, as Daniel says earlier in the piece, can sign who they want, but run the risk of not being able to play them until the League accepts the registration. Although it's likely that players will steer clear if there's a danger of them signing for us and ending up in a kind of limbo, unable to play.
07:31, Tue 10 Jul
Jim
So the logical thing would be to make it public and not let the club get it resolved first.

I don't know what he was trying to achieve by doing this.
07:32, Tue 10 Jul
I note James Nursey has credited you with the story (tu)
Jim
07:35, Tue 10 Jul
Indeed, there's always the back-up plan of cashing in the sell-on rights for Butland and Gray, although that is not an attractive option.

Selling on the potential share of any future profit on Jack and/or Dimmy is very different from selling on a future Premier League parachute payment.

The parachute payments are fixed and 100% guaranteed whereas a potential sell-on fee is just what it says on the tin - potential. It would depend on a future transfer that might or might not happen, and the sum involved could only be guesswork. In short, a bank would not pay anywhere near full value on such a speculative deal.
07:35, Tue 10 Jul
blues
So the logical thing would be to make it public and not let the club get it resolved first.

I think that what Dan has heard, and there is no reason to doubt it also, that Ren has been ignoring rules and not taking the advice of others. Last time he had the advice from Vetere and Dein, this time its just himself?
07:37, Tue 10 Jul
blues

You know I'd agree with you but for two points

1) it's been two months already
2) the club's negotiating position has been to ignore the EFL.

As I said in my piece, my decision to publish was based on people acting incompetently or not in the best interests of the club.
07:40, Tue 10 Jul
Moxey did a piece on the transfer embargo a while back. Wonder if he got moaned at by the same few.

The club have told porkies to the fans re Pedersen, he wasn't officially signed (including registration) but hey let's ignore that
07:43, Tue 10 Jul
Dong is treading a fine line. I am still wondering really why he is here at the club still as he came under fire from all angles last year.

I just don't understand why they thought it could be ignored. By merely ignoring all those around him suggests he was perhaps trying to show he can actually do it to those that doubted him last season? Completing fecking it up at the moment though!
07:46, Tue 10 Jul
In a lesser way he is ignoring the rules just like Dr. Phony
Jim
07:47, Tue 10 Jul
I have long suspected that Daniel has a 'mole' embedded deep inside St Andrews, and very close to those members of the Club's senior management team that are mentioned in this piece.

Because of the 'bad news' about the impact of a possible transfer embargo, little has been made of the internal power struggle within the Club's administrative offices; but I suspect that the motivation for someone leaking this whole story was to discredit Xuandong Ren, maybe in retaliation for the sidelining that has impacted on the ability of those senior managers to do their jobs.

Or perhaps someone is hoping that Daniel will be able to force the removal of Mr Dong in the same way that he was largely responsible for removing a previous figure from the same post not so long ago?

It could be argued that bringing this out into the open may damage the Club's ability to conduct transfer dealings in the short term. But if it forces a re-think and restores peace and harmony to the corridors of administrative power inside St Andrews, it may be for the greater good.

All this is pure speculation and may well be wide of the mark, for which I apologise in advance.
07:49, Tue 10 Jul
Yesterday, I broke news about issues within Birmingham that have caused the club to be subject to a transfer embargo by the EFL, along with the decision of the league not to register Kristian Pedersen as a player. There was a lot of attention to that post and a lot of questions, and with that in min

[almajir.net]

I disagree with some of your points

1 .. "Again, I’m working on assumptions here but with Pedersen not fully registered there may be an insurance problem, which would see him not involved in any contact training such as practice matches."

Why would this be a problem ? We have had trialists playing in friendlies and reserve matches. A player doesn't have to be registered before you can get him insured. I don't think you've thought that one through

2.. Surely it would be irresponsible to wait until FPP was sorted before "signing" and trying to register players ? Surely better to try and sort out signings now rather than wait until the eve of the new season ? For all you know it could be a way of Blues forcing the EFL to hurry up and address issues Blues have with their FPP ruling

3.. "I think it’s important to call out when people are acting either incompetently or against the best interests of the club. My personal opinion is that Ren Xuandong meets those criteria."

Yes .. that is YOUR personal opinion and i hope the club realise that, as you you have stated many times, you speak only for yourself and not for all Blues fans. My personal opinion is that we have done alright under this current lot (look how much they put in to stroke Redknapp's ego last year) and i'm fairly happy with how they've done. Is it possible you're trying to stir up a shit storm where one isn't necessary ?
07:50, Tue 10 Jul
Not being registered can invalidate insurance though, he's right about that.

Even at Sunday morning level.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
07:52, Tue 10 Jul
Jim
"I have long suspected that Daniel has a 'mole' embedded deep inside St Andrews," .. well of course he has - but that doesn't mean that the "mole" always has puts the club's best interests above his own
Scoobers
Moxey did a piece on the transfer embargo a while back. Wonder if he got moaned at by the same few.

The club have told porkies to the fans re Pedersen, he wasn't officially signed (including registration) but hey let's ignore that

I had a go at Moxley for his piece yes, I also had a go at him for having the audacity to retweet it yesterday basically saying told you so when his bunch over the expressway are in more of a shambles

People in glass houses....
Jim
So how do you explain players on trial being selected for friendlies and under 23 games?
Jim
Plenty of questions that we can all rightly ask.

I think that it surely isn't in the clubs best interest to conduct business by ignoring the league. That wont help in the slightest. This can also destabilize the club on and off the pitch.

What does this say to Monk and co? Surely this wont help. The team need strengthening also. Ignoring those who have the knowledge and that are readily available is nothing short of arrogant and stupid. Dong should have paid the price last year and he sure as hell now isn't doing himself any favours.

Times like these actually make me realise again just what work Panos did for the, as you put it, great good of the club. I would rather Panos here than Dong any day. Or at least someone who has the clubs interests at heart, not someone trying to prove a point!