22:03, Wed 11 Jul
85Blue
This ref. 4 fouls from lovren, nothing. Walker hangs on to a ball to question a throw, yellow, consistency is not his strong point
That's absolutely bang on . I agree.
However Walker was as thick as a plank for being the cocky Englishman after brilliant pace to save us , his subsequent indiscipline ( holding onto the ball -yellow card all day long ) presented Southgate with a real dilemma . Young was fekked but now Walker the dick is on a yellow card .!!!
From that moment on we were, sadly , hesitant, lost composure , rash and paid the ultimate price .
Fair play to Croatia - bossed second half and most of extra time.
But one piece of stupidity from Walker has changed the game plan and history .
Well done to Southgate and his squad - we've learned a hard lesson tonight - fine margins .
KRO
She's as sweet as Tupelo honey
She's an angel of the first degree
22:03, Wed 11 Jul
Harry Kane rolls the ball to Sterling and we are 2-0 up within half an hour

You’d back Sterling to score ?? .... that said I thought he played well tonight
22:04, Wed 11 Jul
The frustrating thing is I don’t think Croatia are particularly good. We were by far the best side first half but second half I think the limitations of our side were shown. France brushed Belgium aside onc3 they got ahead. True we had no one who could step up.
22:12, Wed 11 Jul
While I’m proud of the lads and how far they got I do honestly feel Southgate made a some crucial mistakes.
1) Not taking a ball playing CM e.g Shelvey or Wilshere.
2) Starting Young over Rose.
3) Taking Sterling off totally killed any attacking threat we had.
4) Leaving Ali on when he was totally anonymous, Loftus-Cheek was massively underused in this tournament.
We were very good first half but when Kane and Lingard missed them BIG chances I just had a nasty feeling we would pay for it and we ultimately did, proud of England but also frustrated as this was a big opportunity missed.
22:13, Wed 11 Jul
Absolutely gutted. Not felt this bad since Tottenham away.
22:14, Wed 11 Jul
Should have been put to bed in the first 40 minutes, but from that point onwards I think you have to say Croatia were the better team.

We really lack a player who can carry the ball through the midfield.

Still they've done good, and this World Cup will mostly be happy memories
22:17, Wed 11 Jul
Let’s blame Southgate. He actually did what most England ‘fans’ wanted - brough5 Rashford on instead of Sterling. I though5 it was a mistake myself, maybe he should have cpbrought him on instead of Kane.
22:19, Wed 11 Jul
Predator
While I’m proud of the lads and how far they got I do honestly feel Southgate made a some crucial mistakes.
4) Leaving Ali on when he was totally anonymous, Loftus-Cheek was massively underused in this tournament.
We were very good first half but when Kane and Lingard missed them BIG chances I just had a nasty feeling we would pay for it and we ultimately did, proud of England but also frustrated as this was a big opportunity missed.

Playing Kyle Walker centre back was his biggest mistake
22:20, Wed 11 Jul
Croatia are good, they have two world class midfield players, two fast skilful wide players and Mandzukic is an experienced goalscorer. As the game wore on their collective ability to control, pass and move the ball knackered our players. All the same, we were not embarrassed, we were far better than them in the first half and should, given the chances, been two or three goals up.

We did very well with the players we have. And, in the future, players like Sessegnon may come good, Phil Foden and Loftus Cheek look good footballers to play in the middle and both Sterling and Rashford will be more mature.

Stones and McGuire were impressive and Walker are also good too. As is Trippier. And Pickford did well.

Youngest team in the tournament so I feel more optimistic for the future.

Phil Foden is the messiah.

Prediction for Sunday. France 6 Croatia 0. MBappe hat trick, Lovren three own goals.
Wigan Pier.
DES
22:23, Wed 11 Jul
Pigeon, walker at centre back allowed tripper to play rwb, massive advantage to the side, neither Shelvey or WILTSHIRE deserved to be in above those that wee chosen, sterling week link up front all along.
Hoped for more from rashford today, but well don to all of em, honourable defeat!
Kro
22:24, Wed 11 Jul
DES
Honourable is right.
Wigan Pier.
22:24, Wed 11 Jul
DES
Walker was fine, we've been great - refreshing - this World Cup. Plenty to build on
22:27, Wed 11 Jul
Yeah he was fine

Apart from the mistake he made for the goal against Panama

And the mistake he made for the 1st goal tonight

He ain’t a centre back
22:30, Wed 11 Jul
True, well played young England, but we’ve still missed an opportunity. Big chanc3 to get into a final there, particularly since w3 went ahead. Croatia were far better than us second half but even then the number of chances wa#liw. Those England played will be really thinking we could have won that.
Can’t be arsed with the whole proud as punch stuff at the mo.

Just got knocked out against a decent team, but not a great one. Perhaps 3 of their players would get in our 11?

Attacked them in the first half and they looked poor, should have scored 3. Showed them up for what they were.

Then we essentially handed the ball at the restart and said “that’s yours, you’ve got 45 mins to score”

And they did.

Then we sat back some more, then went 2-1 down and launched it.

Gutted, once in a generation opportunity.
@LeMod1875
DES
DES
Pigeon, walker at centre back allowed tripper to play rwb, massive advantage to the side, neither Shelvey or WILTSHIRE deserved to be in above those that wee chosen, sterling week link up front all along.
Hoped for more from rashford today, but well don to all of em, honourable defeat!
Kro

Sterling was very good tonight.
I agree, we are missing quality in the midfield. I like Foden and he could be the one, but needs game time.
Pains me to say it but him over the road could be a decent shout in a couple of years but needs to prove himself in the prem.
22:31, Wed 11 Jul
We did and he did fine. Even the best players aren't perfect. We've moved forward this World Cup, done better than most expected. Who are you going to target at Blues this season ? A defender again? Keif?
22:31, Wed 11 Jul
Predator

I agree with your other points but personally I feel Wilshere and Shelvey were both nowhere near good enough to get into this team nor would they have matched the system.
22:35, Wed 11 Jul
Le Mod - you’ve got it.

Let’s hope th3 new generation of players have that much more belief (and ability).