21:36, Wed 11 Jul
Think you are underestimating the sheer quality that Croatia could bring. Once they cranked up their midfield in the second half our boys were hanging on for penalties.
They had Champions League pedigree players everywhere:
Modric (Real Madrid).
Rakitic (Barcelona).
Mandzukic (Bayern Munich/Juventus).
Perisic (Inter Milan).
Strinic (AC Milan).
Lovren (Liverpool)
Vrsaljko (Atletico Madrid)
Brozovic (Inter Milan).

A bit of perspective please folks.....
21:37, Wed 11 Jul
So did England.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
21:39, Wed 11 Jul
So did we.

And we were 1-0 up, dominating the game against a team that couldn’t beat Russia or Denmark in normal time.

Proceeded to go into our shell and lost 2-1.
@LeMod1875
21:39, Wed 11 Jul
We just didn't take our chances first half, second half Croatia were the better side
21:42, Wed 11 Jul
Le Mod
Can’t be arsed with the whole proud as punch stuff at the mo.

Just got knocked out against a decent team, but not a great one. Perhaps 3 of their players would get in our 11?

Attacked them in the first half and they looked poor, should have scored 3. Showed them up for what they were.

Then we essentially handed the ball at the restart and said “that’s yours, you’ve got 45 mins to score”

And they did.

Then we sat back some more, then went 2-1 down and launched it.

Gutted, once in a generation opportunity.
"Three of their players would get in our 11"
See my post above and have a word with yourself...
21:43, Wed 11 Jul
Don't agree with this at all. Our experience is new at the top level, those Croatia players are seasoned pros.
I remember playing football younger, I'd run around all day long, pointless at times and burn myself out. I'm 31 now and realise you don't need to do that at all - point is it's the experience we lacked tonight and the quality in the final 3rd.
21:44, Wed 11 Jul
So good that yet again, he didn't look remotely like scoring or creating a goal.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
21:46, Wed 11 Jul
It’s an interesting question. When we wer3 taking the game to th3 opposition there was only one team in it. I think if you had to say how does a team control the game, and how do they push th3 opposition off, look at Franc3 last night. But we scored early. If we had fagotes another on3 I reckon we might have won that quite easily.
21:48, Wed 11 Jul
Ah well; onwards and upwards; no one died and weve had a great ride over the past few weeks.

Well done England and really well done Croatia. 4 million population- that is an incredible achievement.
21:48, Wed 11 Jul
Unlike you Raspers to be so optimistic
21:50, Wed 11 Jul
Clearly the better side won the game.

We had early chances but didn't take them.

Be philosophical. These kids are ace, and they can use this loss to get better.
Because of Theresa May's sheer incompetence I've had to change my sig.
21:51, Wed 11 Jul
At the very top end of any sport the lines between success and failure are extremely fine.

The pivotal moment was Kane not scoring twice in the space of a few seconds. Both chances you would expect him to score 99 times out of 100, he didn't.

England have been excellent throughout the tournament and were again for 45 minutes when we should have had it won. 2v0 and Croatia are done.

They have world class players and second half their experience came through against the youngest side in the tournament.

2020 and 2022 will be the ones where expectations will be much higher for me. I hoped for the quarters and dared to dream for the final once we made the semi's but it was just a step too far.
21:53, Wed 11 Jul
Le Mod
Can’t be arsed with the whole proud as punch stuff at the mo.

Just got knocked out against a decent team, but not a great one. Perhaps 3 of their players would get in our 11?

Attacked them in the first half and they looked poor, should have scored 3. Showed them up for what they were.

Then we essentially handed the ball at the restart and said “that’s yours, you’ve got 45 mins to score”

And they did.

Then we sat back some more, then went 2-1 down and launched it.

Gutted, once in a generation opportunity.
I agree with this, and feel we needed a better mix of kids v experience, You simply can not have all kids there was not one leader out on the pitch let alone on the bench, the players had no one to look to when things started to go wrong, Tonight was a clear case of a lack of experience when they lost there way. But this will stand everyone in good stead including Gareth. Perhaps the 3 of there team you would put into our team is the same as i am saying to give it that wee bit of experience needed
21:54, Wed 11 Jul
I think they have a couple of world class players. They’re not that good. Tfair play though, 5hey found a way. We didn’t.
21:55, Wed 11 Jul
brummiestu87
Don't agree with this at all. Our experience is new at the top level, those Croatia players are seasoned pros.
I remember playing football younger, I'd run around all day long, pointless at times and burn myself out. I'm 31 now and realise you don't need to do that at all - point is it's the experience we lacked tonight and the quality in the final 3rd.
This. There was vast experience throughout their team. It showed from the second half onwards.
The good thing about England is the relative youth of the team which will develop over the next few years.
Sorry folks , Greasy will step up to the national team after he joins Spurs....
21:58, Wed 11 Jul
Le Mod
So did we.

And we were 1-0 up, dominating the game against a team that couldn’t beat Russia or Denmark in normal time.

Proceeded to go into our shell and lost 2-1.

Think you might have to give a bit of credit to Croatia they pressed further up the pitch swamping our 3 in midfield. We lack a ball playmaker in midfield(Where have we heard that before?) really. Also lack a bit of experience but as they are young they can only get better..
21:59, Wed 11 Jul
newblue
I think they have a couple of world class players. They’re not that good. Tfair play though, 5hey found a way. We didn’t.
We gave them a way back in on a plate.
21:59, Wed 11 Jul
I thought Croatia would tire,fair play to them
22:02, Wed 11 Jul
The Fly
brummiestu87
This. There was vast experience throughout their team. It showed from the second half onwards.
The good thing about England is the relative youth of the team which will develop over the next few years.
Sorry folks , Greasy will step up to the national team after he joins Spurs....
This
22:03, Wed 11 Jul
They’re decent, wouldn’t deny that.

Still, we can go on about experience all day long, should have been 2-0 at half time. They aren’t that good. We won’t meet a weaker semi final opponent again.
@LeMod1875