What did the Knights in White satin?
23:19, Thu 12 Jul
Applause
10:48, Fri 13 Jul
bluemike
From Brum, as well.

Are you sure it’s not Tamworth?
12:05, Fri 13 Jul
Born in Brum, grew up in Tamworth, suffered from asthma as a child and has turned Irish since then!
12:42, Fri 13 Jul
and lives in Spain
13:09, Fri 13 Jul
And a DVB ?
Southside Blue , not only keeping the blues alive but also singlehandedly saving the British Manufacturing Industry .
13:58, Fri 13 Jul
He has come second quite a few times but yesterday just kept enough distance to win. Exciting finish.
Wigan Pier.
19:13, Fri 13 Jul
turley
bluemike
From Brum, as well.

Are you sure it’s not Tamworth?

Was just going on what the commentator said last night.

Is he vile?
Saga Noren
He has come second quite a few times but yesterday just kept enough distance to win. Exciting finish.

Pretty sure he has won a stage before.
The way I heard it is Stephen Roach is his uncle.and mentor. He was never invited into the England team so he joined Ireland's.
DES
20:37, Fri 13 Jul
I must commend the people who are manufacturing the drugs that our current cyclists are taking, must be great gear.
For thirty years we only had beryl burton, Trevor porter and the late Tommy Simpson.
That was from 66 to96.
Since then we are virtually number one country in the world!
AMAZING COINCIDENCE!
Kro
10:29, Sat 14 Jul
WorcsAzul
Born in Brum, grew up in Tamworth, suffered from asthma as a child and has turned Irish since then!
Is it compulsory to be asthmatic to become a successful cyclist ?
1 in 12 people suffer with asthma, should they be excluded from competing in sport at a high level, if they are able to do so?

Or should there just be cycle races exclusive for asthmatics. Tour De Wheeze. You would certainly here them coming before you saw them though, if there was.

Roughly 180 riders in Tour de France which would mean 15 on probability are asthmatic and taking TUE's for it. No idea of actual figure though.
10:56, Sat 14 Jul
I dont think I suggested that Asthmatics should be excluded from anything !
But using your figures of 1 in 12 people being asthmatic what a lovely coincidence that so many of our recent top riders use asthma inhalers
DES
I must commend the people who are manufacturing the drugs that our current cyclists are taking, must be great gear.
For thirty years we only had beryl burton, Trevor porter and the late Tommy Simpson.
That was from 66 to96.
AMAZING COINCIDENCE!
Kro

It is since British Cycling became a serious outfit on the back of the early work of Boardman and David Miller. The 2002 Commonwealth Games was a key catalyst, gave us a world class velodrome and a centre for cycling in the UK.
The Right Reverend Charcy Blue Blue
DES
That was from 66 to96.
AMAZING COINCIDENCE!
Kro

It is since British Cycling became a serious outfit on the back of the early work of Boardman and David Miller. The 2002 Commonwealth Games was a key catalyst, gave us a world class velodrome and a centre for cycling in the UK.
And an ability to mask drugs that is the envy of the world!
Not that I’m bothered! Let them take what they like!
Kro
22:13, Sat 14 Jul
DES
Does anybody watch the tour these days?

I do, by the way and love it.
22:44, Sat 14 Jul
First week has been stunning
@Bluewurst1875