08:09, Thu 9 Aug
Spot on, it's embarrassing! 👍
08:27, Thu 9 Aug
Completely agree.

I genuinely can’t stand some of our fans. They’re an embarrassment.
08:35, Thu 9 Aug
Fill in the form. I’ll sign it off
Sergio Lives
DES
08:39, Thu 9 Aug
My view of blues fans is stoical, expect things to be shit and best in country at gallows humour.
My view of villa is think they are entitled, whingeing, bed wetter and bed sheet displayers.
Reading thes posts it heart warming to see so many in PROPER BLUES!
Kro
08:44, Thu 9 Aug
Camp was absolutely woeful for Sunderland and people are bound to judge him on that

He will be supported on the pitch, people are just having a whinge because ultimately the club are a joke, again.
08:46, Thu 9 Aug
Excellent post Tarquin

Unfortunately it’s a human trait that when any news is received it has to be either brilliant or disastrous.

Are any of us over the moon with this signing? Well most aren’t (including me) but I’m realistic enough to understand this is where we are, and he will get my 100% support particularly when he makes his first error- all goalkeepers do,you know.

The continued nonsense about who is the best GK, and whether Monk should ‘swallow his pride’ just serves to remind me the lack of understanding some of our fans have. You know who you are.

Does this mean you can’t criticise anything GM does? Of course not, but be realistic. If he had the choice between Camp and De Gea do you not think he would choose the Spaniard?
DES
08:46, Thu 9 Aug
Blue heaven
Only time in last forty years club wasn’t a joke was under gullivans and majority on here hate the sound of thier name!!
Forest season ticket holder I know said camp was fine for them!
Kro
08:51, Thu 9 Aug
That’s the thing though, this continued negativity around him means he won’t be supported...particularly when that ball squirms under his body and into the net. People will be waiting to say ‘ I told you he was sh@t’

The club being a joke is not his fault, you know
09:06, Thu 9 Aug
Of course it isnt

People are bloody entitled to whinge about signing players they perceive to be shit

its not a new things to us, fans have been moaning and slagging off players for donkeys years

pretending we are a special bread of super fans is a joke, players have been ridiculed for years
09:07, Thu 9 Aug
I don't think this is one of the many SHA 'I'm best Blues fan in the world posts', really, which are sometimes code for 'I am right and you are wrong'. I do think you are right, generally, but are mistaken about people's motives. I reckon it is less about Camp, himself, but to do with frustration, disappointment and anger about negative decisions effecting the club.

Since 2011 we have been in decline, sometimes resuscitated by Rowett, Rednapp (for a fortnight) and most recently Monk. Fans' frustrations are long term and the signing of a goalkeeper, a player who has not actually played, or, when he has played, seems to have struggled for the last two years, is an indication that we are now recruiting players without a recent proven record. Camp may be fine but the more general collective pessimism is understandable given the way the EFL is enforcing rules and our owners are cocking it up. We have owners who have been cocking it up for so long and it pisses a lot of us off.

Finally, you referred to N'Doye, which was actually a good way of undermining your own argument. I have actually seen him play for the Blues over the last year and am convinced that if he plays regularly this season, due to injuries I assume, we will be in deep trouble. We need half decent footballers in midfield not a comedy turn. The Blues need a lot better than him to survive let alone compete. Lets see if Monk picks him regularly.
Wigan Pier.
09:07, Thu 9 Aug
You have to admit though, its rare we sign anyone who seems to get barely any good references from former clubs. You always expect maybe a 50/50 response, but in Camps case its pretty heavily "he's shite". I don't remember us giving Olly Lee wonderful reviews when he went on for example...because he was shite.

And I dont think anything anyone writes on here, positive or negative, has one iota of impact on anyone of note at the club.

I really doubt anyone will be booing him on on Saturday or whenever his debut is. And if he balls up, then he'll have to deal with it.

Anyway, lets see what happens for the rest of the day - I just don't want any last vestiges of hope or enjoyment for this season walking out the door.
Thongs
Number8 is the worlds best forum poster. FACT. End of chat.
09:09, Thu 9 Aug
Good point
Wigan Pier.
09:11, Thu 9 Aug
I agree WOW
09:19, Thu 9 Aug
Maxine Collins
whether Monk should ‘swallow his pride’ just serves to remind me the lack of understanding some of our fans have.

utter nonsense.
Old MacDonald had a farm. EU, EU... Oh.
11:08, Thu 9 Aug
I love this post.
MADE IN BRUM - BLUENOSE FANZINE - ONLY 30 BOB!
11:30, Thu 9 Aug
Ricky Blotto
👍👍👍👍

I find that this forum is a bad representation though. I speak to real people in the real world and they're chuffed with the signings. People just love a good whinge on the internet.

Absolutely.
Sometimes you can get caught up and believe this forum is the general consensus, in reality it is more than often some old geeks attached to the site clamoring to say something slightly daft for a bit of attention.
12:24, Thu 9 Aug
No sorry I'm not buying this, it's bullshit.

Every Blues fan has a right to air their own opinion, whether you like it or not-by likening fans to Vilers only causes more division between us.

The last thing we need is people like you telling us what to think about selected players. Ndoye is a load of shit we know this from last season he can't pass, he very rarely tackles he just runs around like an headless chicken. When he came on vs Norwich we dropped 15 yards deeper and saw no physical advantage for taking Gardner off.

Also with the signings we knew there would be restrictions but they have all been Lee Clark type signings some of them may turn out decent others not so.

Some people think they can take another fans right to criticise away by calling them vilers or comparing behaviour to vilers, it's an unfair comparison to make.
12:29, Thu 9 Aug
TiptonBluenose

Every Blues fan has a right to air their own opinion, whether you like it or not-by likening fans to Vilers only causes more division between us.

The last thing we need is people like you telling us what to think about selected players. Ndoye is a load of shit we know this from last season he can't pass, he very rarely tackles he just runs around like an headless chicken. When he came on vs Norwich we dropped 15 yards deeper and saw no physical advantage for taking Gardner off.

Also with the signings we knew there would be restrictions but they have all been Lee Clark type signings some of them may turn out decent others not so.

Some people think they can take another fans right to criticise away by calling them vilers or comparing behaviour to vilers, it's an unfair comparison to make.

This.
15:28, Thu 9 Aug
Tarquin
You know how we love to take the piss out of the Villa? How we are better fans. That they are arrogant, have a senses of entitlement, nothing visceral about their support etc.

Whilst all of that is true, we are turning into a load of fannies.

The shit about the new signings, especially Camp has been shameful. Not only that but ignorant and ill informed. That Warnock bloke. I think we all agree he knows a thing or two about football. He’s signed Camp not once, but twice

500 games at this level, at good solid clubs. You would think we were signing the bastard child of Roger Hansbury and Douglas Bader judging by some of the comments.

Do the rest of us a favour lads and stay away if you are intending to give Camp, Bogle, Ndoye or whoever your little brain deems to be not good enough for our world conquering galacticos the benefit of your incredible and encyclopaedic football knowledge

Keep right on. Shit on the Villa and up the effing Blues

I remember posts like this in 2001! (have we turned into Villa yet??)
20:57, Thu 9 Aug
TiptonBluenose

I didn't call anybody a Viler. I called them a fanny.
Sergio Lives
21:00, Thu 9 Aug
Tarquin
TiptonBluenose

I didn't call anybody a Viler. I called them a fanny.
And he said likening them to vilers.
Same difference 😎
Fat Buddha - 'Rab C Nesbitt. He's a contrary fecker, but invariably right. He has his finger on the motherfecking pulse.'
21:03, Thu 9 Aug
DES
DES
Blue heaven
Only time in last forty years club wasn’t a joke was under gullivans and majority on here hate the sound of thier name!!
Kro

I’m beginning to think DES stands for David E Sullivan
23:25, Thu 9 Aug
Some people do not want the club to progress and are happy with mediocrity Your self and Rab being two who fit this category. You likened the behaviour of some of our fans to like vilers which is true if you read your original post again. This is not helpful fans should be allowed to criticise whoever they choose whether they want to criticise Ndoye or the signing of Bogle. I have acknowledged the financial constraints but these seem like rush signings where there has been zero due diligence again.
01:11, Fri 10 Aug
TiptonBluenose
Some people do not want the club to progress and are happy with mediocrity Your self and Rab being two who fit this category. You likened the behaviour of some of our fans to like vilers which is true if you read your original post again. This is not helpful fans should be allowed to criticise whoever they choose whether they want to criticise Ndoye or the signing of Bogle. I have acknowledged the financial constraints but these seem like rush signings where there has been zero due diligence again.

Some good points, TB, though I don’t agree with all that you say. Please forgive me.
I’m sure we all want the best for Blues, some of us are brave enough to challenge certain decisions - in spite of the trolls. That doesn’t mean we are against the manager, or are behaving like DVBs. We do it In the interests of aiming high and not just accepting mediocrity.
I personally think that our signings are mixed but probably ok overall in the circumstances. There were no big sales, so that’s a big positive. The goalie area still perplexes me. To ostracise two good keepers (& a solid LB) just seems wrong to me. Yes, they are paid too much, but it’s not their fault that the Club offered them such lucrative contracts. That’s the Club’s fault. Most/all of us on here would have done what those players did. If we can’t offload them, then I’d hold out a massive olive branch to them, & eat as much humble pie as necessary.
Thanks TB. I’ll now await the trolls.
04:46, Fri 10 Aug
Trolls 😂😂

Or do you mean people who don't agree with your viewpoint?
Yes, 'trolls' is a bit of a strange word to use for people who don't agree with you. It looks likely that Monk wants to get rid of the two goalkeepers for reasons other than finance. If it's down to squad harmony, or disciplinary or professional issues, that's his call and he will know the situation better than ANYONE on here. I reckon that he's earned the right to be cut some slack and to be trusted as to his reasoning why.

Similarly, he'll have made (along with his staff) reasonable decisions in his recruitment under restrictions. They're not overwhelming signings, but I'm sure he won't be overwhelmed either, and wouldn't have been his choices. Will they add to what we've got? Of course they will - I don't know about Camp, but again that's his decision so that's OK with me.

At the moment, we're in a better position in terms of the squad than we were last week - we'd love to be able to get wonderful players in, but we can't, and a lot of that is down to last year's shambles. We shouldn't be saying that we're happy with the situation, but it's the situation that exists and we have to decide whether to support it, and the manager, or not. Personally, I reckon we should.
The belle of St Trillions
Yeah.

The last few days on here and social media have been fairly depressing to be honest.

I've covered the Lee Camp thing. Yesterday was the reaction the the Gardner signing. Now don't get me wrong, I'm into the Blues/Villa rivalry as much as the next man - or so I thought. Preferably I wouldn't want us to sign a player synonomous with them lot - but we have. Professional footballers and Managers don't see this through the same lens as fans. Monk has his hands massively tied and he would have been trying to get the best player he could possibly get without a transfer or loan fee and a relatively modest in Championship terms salary. Gardner will know what he is walking into - and fair play to the lad - he must have balls of steel.

Apparently not frothing at the mouth about it means I'm not "proper blues"

I'll be there this season, 3 season tickets , me and the 2 kids watching the Blues . Hoping Gary Gardner and Lee Camp turn out alright.

Adios SHA. I'm taking a sabbatical.
Sergio Lives
08:16, Fri 10 Aug
3 season tickets! A glutten for it all.
Wigan Pier.