We have enough shit midfielders, he’s another.
09:23, Thu 9 Aug
I don't know Gary Gardner but if he is fairly athletic, can do his defensive duties well enough, can tackle and, occasionally, pass the ball to someone in Blue he may have to do. A passing footballer in midfield seems impossible so a hard working, reliable kind of player is what we may end up with.
Wigan Pier.
09:26, Thu 9 Aug
whilst wearing a Villa kit?

Jumping into the Holte?

To be mobbed by hundreds of joyous Villa fans?

Pathetic how much of a free pass Craig Gardner gets when you look back at a) him professing his love for the Villa, b) jumping into the Holte to celebrate a goal against Blues, c) the way he left us after relegation, d) the crap he has delivered since he returned
09:26, Thu 9 Aug
Pathetic how people are too scared to send tweets
09:31, Thu 9 Aug
mr_crosby
We have enough shit midfielders, he’s another.

I agree.

I don't care who Gary Gardner does or doesn't support - neither Craig to be fair.

And we could really do with a midfielder, but not Gary Gardner. He would just be another body and we don't need that.

If he were actually any good it might be different but he's not.
09:32, Thu 9 Aug
One Gardner is enough at our club!!
09:32, Thu 9 Aug
more than enough
09:34, Thu 9 Aug
If hes worse than Craig he indeed must be shite . Gardners been taking the pi$$ since he came back .From what ive seen of Gary hes average but better by miles than what weve got

Personally I dont care if hes the bastard lovechild of Charlie Aitken and Dave Pountney if he helps us win games
09:59, Thu 9 Aug
Gardner has supported Villa since the age of seven when he ran onto the pitch to celebrate the club's League Cup semi-final victory over Tranmere in 1994.

"I am a Villa fan and used to be on the Holte End. I was there when we clinched a place in the League Cup final against Manchester United - which we won 3-1.

"I saw Mark Bosnich save the crucial penalty and then we all ran onto the pitch to celebrate and my support of the club has just gone on from there.

"I used to sing the names of all the heroes of that era and now I look at the Villa fans and they are chanting my name which is a fantastic feeling.
10:13, Thu 9 Aug
It's a ruse by us.

Monk to Gardner "Yeah, well pay you full whack of wages and it frees up a space for villa to sign someone without exceeding FFP. We all win here ".

Fast forward to 4.59pm with some admin no mark at villa trying to call us and get a fax number for the contract so they can complete their own signings in the chain "the number you have called cannot be recognised. Please replace the handset and try again "
Dictated but not read.

Louie Donowa
10:14, Thu 9 Aug
Aged 7, you've got to blame the parents.
10:36, Thu 9 Aug
adamneaves
Few rumours on twitter that he might be coming.

Daily Mail reporting it now
10:40, Thu 9 Aug
Needs must and we are desperate for something in midfield.I would take him.
10:43, Thu 9 Aug
Sounds like this interest might be genuine, I take it back
@LeMod1875
10:47, Thu 9 Aug
If we're going to get a shit midfielder we should at least get one who isn't a villa prick
10:51, Thu 9 Aug
Get him in - forget the Villa link
We need a midfielder, someone a bit more comfortable on the ball.

Davis out for months remember

It's like the Camp signing - people seem to forget we have been under embargo for a reason

Let Monk do sensible business
This whole "is he a Viler?" thing is utter nonsense. Professional footballers will go anywhere that can get them a living. It doesn't matter whom they supported as a kid. Indeed chances are many of them will not have seen many matches in the flesh as they will be out practising and representing.

And anyway I don't think anyone can raise any such criticism unless they've told Robert Hopkins face-to-face that he is not a real Blue because he played for them.

If you need anything further, just think of it as someone seeing the light...
10:53, Thu 9 Aug
We all accept we need a midfielder and I couldn't give a shit if he's Villa or not, but we need one who is different to what we have, a passer who is very comfortable on the ball. Is Gary Gardner that man?

He's not bad, but not sure he's what we're after. If we sign him obviously I'll back him.
@LeMod1875
10:55, Thu 9 Aug
Yeah we need someone like Gleeson I would have said.

Gleeson but better.

Ryan Woods but shitter and cheaper.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
11:02, Thu 9 Aug
bluearmyfaction
This whole "is he a Viler?" thing is utter nonsense. Professional footballers will go anywhere that can get them a living. It doesn't matter whom they supported as a kid. Indeed chances are many of them will not have seen many matches in the flesh as they will be out practising and representing.

And anyway I don't think anyone can raise any such criticism unless they've told Robert Hopkins face-to-face that he is not a real Blue because he played for them.

If you need anything further, just think of it as someone seeing the light...

Pretty sure Hoppy wouldn't have run the length of the pitch celebrating if he'd have scored against us.

Gardner can feck right off.