Re: Gary Gardner

09:59, Thu 9 Aug
Gardner has supported Villa since the age of seven when he ran onto the pitch to celebrate the club's League Cup semi-final victory over Tranmere in 1994.

"I am a Villa fan and used to be on the Holte End. I was there when we clinched a place in the League Cup final against Manchester United - which we won 3-1.

"I saw Mark Bosnich save the crucial penalty and then we all ran onto the pitch to celebrate and my support of the club has just gone on from there.

"I used to sing the names of all the heroes of that era and now I look at the Villa fans and they are chanting my name which is a fantastic feeling.
10:13, Thu 9 Aug
It's a ruse by us.

Monk to Gardner "Yeah, well pay you full whack of wages and it frees up a space for villa to sign someone without exceeding FFP. We all win here ".

Fast forward to 4.59pm with some admin no mark at villa trying to call us and get a fax number for the contract so they can complete their own signings in the chain "the number you have called cannot be recognised. Please replace the handset and try again "
Dictated but not read.

Louie Donowa
10:14, Thu 9 Aug
Aged 7, you've got to blame the parents.
The new season starts, the enlightenment driven away, the habit-forming pain,
Mismanagement and grief: we must suffer them all again.
10:36, Thu 9 Aug
adamneaves
Few rumours on twitter that he might be coming.

Daily Mail reporting it now
10:40, Thu 9 Aug
Needs must and we are desperate for something in midfield.I would take him.
10:43, Thu 9 Aug
Sounds like this interest might be genuine, I take it back
@LeMod1875
10:47, Thu 9 Aug
If we're going to get a shit midfielder we should at least get one who isn't a villa prick
10:51, Thu 9 Aug
Get him in - forget the Villa link
We need a midfielder, someone a bit more comfortable on the ball.

Davis out for months remember

It's like the Camp signing - people seem to forget we have been under embargo for a reason

Let Monk do sensible business
This whole "is he a Viler?" thing is utter nonsense. Professional footballers will go anywhere that can get them a living. It doesn't matter whom they supported as a kid. Indeed chances are many of them will not have seen many matches in the flesh as they will be out practising and representing.

And anyway I don't think anyone can raise any such criticism unless they've told Robert Hopkins face-to-face that he is not a real Blue because he played for them.

If you need anything further, just think of it as someone seeing the light...
10:53, Thu 9 Aug
We all accept we need a midfielder and I couldn't give a shit if he's Villa or not, but we need one who is different to what we have, a passer who is very comfortable on the ball. Is Gary Gardner that man?

He's not bad, but not sure he's what we're after. If we sign him obviously I'll back him.
@LeMod1875
10:55, Thu 9 Aug
Yeah we need someone like Gleeson I would have said.

Gleeson but better.

Ryan Woods but shitter and cheaper.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
11:02, Thu 9 Aug
bluearmyfaction
This whole "is he a Viler?" thing is utter nonsense. Professional footballers will go anywhere that can get them a living. It doesn't matter whom they supported as a kid. Indeed chances are many of them will not have seen many matches in the flesh as they will be out practising and representing.

And anyway I don't think anyone can raise any such criticism unless they've told Robert Hopkins face-to-face that he is not a real Blue because he played for them.

If you need anything further, just think of it as someone seeing the light...

Pretty sure Hoppy wouldn't have run the length of the pitch celebrating if he'd have scored against us.

Gardner can feck right off.
I thought Weela fans rated him. Opened the thread prepared to be quite excited, surprised and disappointed at all the vitriol.
11:05, Thu 9 Aug
#avfc midfielder Gary Gardner has three options to consider today. Blues, Bolton or QPR. #bcfc #qpr #bwfc
@LeMod1875
I despise vile but the thought of a 1-2 from craig to gary and one of them smashing it top bin for the winner at villa park is making me smile

SOTV
Well just look at how this summer has gone.

We were linked with exciting players, thought we had money to spend and would be backing a great young manager.

Villa were on the brink of administration, their best players were being sold for peanuts and we felt confident of finishing above them. They could have even gone down.

Fast forward, we were put under an embargo, are facing a huge fine and maybe a points deduction. We're under strict instructions to sign free transfers or cheap loans. Any optimism has gone.

Villa are now absolutely minted, flouting FFP and getting away with it, signing properly exciting good players and are keeping Grealish.

This summer is the absolute gold standard, top of the class, shining example of typical effing Blues.

So excuse people for not doing cartwheels over this signing.
We deserve our club back

H-Bomb

"Oh Nikola Zigic"
11:07, Thu 9 Aug
3rd is not so bad
11:07, Thu 9 Aug
If I'm being pedantic (which I am) then Gary Gardner wouldn't be able to play against his parent club.

If he signs then he has my support and I hope he makes the Vilers regret their decision.
@LeMod1875
11:11, Thu 9 Aug
Le Mod
#avfc midfielder Gary Gardner has three options to consider today. Blues, Bolton or QPR. #bcfc #qpr #bwfc

Who said this Mod? Also it a loan deal if anyone knows?
11:17, Thu 9 Aug
Joe90
Pretty sure Hoppy wouldn't have run the length of the pitch celebrating if he'd have scored against us.
Pretty sure he did something similar when he did so for the Albion.
11:17, Thu 9 Aug
The sun are reporting hes having a medical wth us now.
But it is the sun.
11:19, Thu 9 Aug
bluearmyfaction
Joe90
Pretty sure he did something similar when he did so for the Albion.

Yep.

He did a handstand in front of our fans when he scored.

Fact.
11:21, Thu 9 Aug
And now brian dick has said its happening.. 😅
To counter some of that, some of us on here said Blues had plenty of their own shit to sort out and problems were lurking. Those problems are now firmly in the public domain.
To play by the rules, Blues were never in a position to be splashing the cash this summer. Those who thought otherwise were wrong. The accounts told us so.
Some also preferred not to take the piss out of that lot because of said problems facing ourselves.
Villa’s new ownership is disappointing of course, so agree on that, but don’t agree ‘they are getting away’ with anything else as it stands.
Their time may come.
11:27, Thu 9 Aug
Isn’t he meant to be decent?

If so, I’m in
@Bluewurst1875
11:29, Thu 9 Aug
Rather have nobody than that DVB.

This window has been horrible.
It's almost a blind spot at times regarding our situation.
I think he's a bang average cm, no better than Lowe and also celebrated a goal against us as though he'd just received a text from his sister saying her fella wasn't home

It's a no from me